Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    These are all deliberate choices that Blizzard made, so yes HE was an option and they chose not to go with it. It has nothing to do with making sense if you already admit to a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Point is - no one asked for Void Elf with HE customization. This is the same situation if they added Void Orc with Mag'har customization instead of just giving us Mag'har.
    The point for void elves was to give alliance the blood elf model. HE was never an option in that sense since they were already there. Void elves were the solution for them to be playable on the other side. I think the HE costumization was probably already planned with that in mind. Atleast some of them..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-22 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The point for void elves was to give alliance the blood elf model. HE was never an option in that sense since they were already there. Void elves were the solution for them to be playable on the other side. I think the HE costumization was probably already planned with that in mind. Atleast some of them..
    HE was always an option even if they 'were always there', just like Dark Irons were made into a separate Allied Race EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALREADY THERE. They'd been part of the Alliance since Cataclysm, and assumed to be playable through the Dwarf customizations. They separated that into giving them their own new set of customizations and racials and heritage armor/mounts, with some new lore to solidify it all. Otherwise, Dark Irons were already as much a part of the Alliance through Moira as the HE were through Vereesa.

Void Elf was a deliberate decision. IMO, I would say they were still hesitant on creating too much similarity between factions and having players confuse High Elf and Blood Elf for either side at the time of BFA, while by the time Shadowlands rolls around they stopped giving a fuck and gave everyone customization options that the HE fans had been asking for. HE would have been on the table if they weren't so apprehensive of cross-faction confusion at the time they created these Allied races.

Now that we're well crossed that threshold of any fears of cross-faction confusion, I'd say if they ever consider Allied Races again in the future, they could easily implement HE simply by making a few new racials, some new armor sets, and giving them the official HE race title. Same with Wildhammers, Blackrock Orcs and whatever subraces that haven't gotten formal Allied Race treatment. It's just a matter of making a few new racials and giving them official recognition. The only question is IF they want to do Allied Races again in the future at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-02-22 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Gnolls and Vrykul for the Alliance.
    I'm curious: why do you think gnolls should join the Alliance? They have never been anything but a nuisance, at best, to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa and Tortollan are the two races I'd love to see but probably will never see playable.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    HE was always an option even if they 'were always there', just like Dark Irons were made into a separate Allied Race EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALREADY THERE. They'd been part of the Alliance since Cataclysm, and assumed to be playable through the Dwarf customizations. They separated that into giving them their own new set of customizations and racials and heritage armor/mounts, with some new lore to solidify it all. Otherwise, Dark Irons were already as much a part of the Alliance through Moira as the HE were through Vereesa.

Void Elf was a deliberate decision. IMO, I would say they were still hesitant on creating too much similarity between factions and having players confuse High Elf and Blood Elf for either side at the time of BFA, while by the time Shadowlands rolls around they stopped giving a fuck and gave everyone customization options that the HE fans had been asking for. HE would have been on the table if they weren't so apprehensive of cross-faction confusion at the time they created these Allied races.
    Blood elf was that choice back in bc I mean, they are after all high elves renamed. So, no after that choice another HE was not an option, not in the form you wanted them to be. Much, much later in bfa Void elves showed up. I mean we went from blue posts saying blood elves are high elves to a blood elf 2.0.. Nah I think the HE costumization were pretty much planned before, knowing void elves would be on the alliance. The problem blizz created over the years tho, was that they kept showing the HE on the alliance as main forces for what ever reason, from wrath till throne of thunder respectively, knowing to tease the HE fans. It was their own fault tbh.

I think we are not going to agree here, but both of those wild hammer and HE realy don't feel very worth it tbh. HE for all the mentioned reasons and WM are literally just dwarves with some blue tattoos and feathers, which is also already available. Why would we take all the hassle to seperate them? I mean we would make the same mistake as HM and LF for example. They just feel liked extended options for the base model, nothing more. We can however argue over a better solution to repressent those clans/tribes. I think it would be interesting to give those clans some visbillity in the character select screen. Maybe pick a clan and those clan offer different options in costumization, maybe add a flavor ability to it. This could work for tribes for trolls or for tauren.

Altho I like the idea of unlocking more then one race, which this system is perfect for, it's just.. uch the option we got were so avarage that it's hard to imagine what's next on that. I rather would like as mentioned before a fully fletched race and in favor of one we know and love, but also feel new. Orges, Vrykul maybe arrakoa and spend develop time on their models and have the full package.

Gotta say tho, the Zandalari are cool and the Nightborne got alot better with their latest new options, but I mean how long did that take to make them somewhat good.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-22 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    What do any of these have to do with the story currently? They have repeatedly said the Allied Races will always tie in with the story going on.

At this point the only think that makes sense is Drakonids and Titan Watchers - maybe Tuskarr.

There are storm dragons in Dragon Isle, Odyn hands are all over DF, as is Tyr, Vrykrul are the offspring of Titan keepers. So yea they fit.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2023-02-22 at 09:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    High elf allied race never made any sense m8.
    Honestly with the HElf/BElf rivalry that popped up during TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and Legion there were some pretty strong bones for it as HElves as their own thing. They were a longstanding force in the Alliance who were very much at war with the Horde, allied with various Alliance forces, targetted as an Alliance force by the Horde, very much unlikely to join up with their Horde counterparts due to the bad blood between them. HElves were basically the most built up unplayable part of a faction. Like, there's more "HElves as part of the Alliance" than there is pre-BfA Dark Iron or, heck, Ogres as a force within the Horde. Yeah, Stonemaul exists, but that's just one town that's never done anything relevant since Cata, whereas Alliance HElves were showing up in most of the expansions

But, they went with VElves and a lot of that "HElves as their own thing" momentum went. It certainly could have worked and honestly they probably would have worked better as HElves because the story beats would have been there, but, we got VElves instead

I'd like to see the races that actually joined the alliance and horde during each campaign, actually become playable.
    BC: Aurenai Broken (A) and Mag'har Orc (H). Since we got Mag'har from AU Draenor, perhaps replace with Mok'nathal (H). Possibly also Arakkoa Outcasts (N)
    Wrath: Frostborn Dwarves (A) and Taunka (H). Possibly Oracles and Frenzyheart (Neautral)
    Cata: Wildhammer Dwarves(A) and Dragonmaw (H). Possibly Tolvir(N)
    Mists: Pearlfin Jinyu (A) and Forest Hozen (H).
    Warlords: High Arakkoa, Arakkoa Outcasts, Saberon, and Botani.
    Legion: We got the big ones.
    BfA: Possibly Sethrak, Ankoan (A) and Gilgoblin (H).
    SL: Pass on this.

And to complete the Warcraft 2 factions you would need to have High Elf (A) and Ogre (H). If they consider Void Elves, then so be it. But perhaps Timbermaw Furbolg (A) and Stonemaul Ogres (H), from Brackenwall Village, Dustwallow Marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm curious: why do you think gnolls should join the Alliance? They have never been anything but a nuisance, at best, to the Alliance.
    To be honest, I would like them as an option for "alternative worgen" model for players. I agree that so far, they don't have any great relations with the Alliance, but you know, races like Dark Irons or blood/void elves did have that before they joined the factions, so at this point, anything can happen.

Let's say, they can always introduce a storyline when we meet more reasonable gnoll tribe which are not about spreading rot.

I can't imagine gnolls and worgen in the same place without tearing into each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saberon and Botani. Saberon could have bred like wildfire in the time between arriving on Azeroth (few months into the Azerite War, if they became unlockable after completing the War Campaign); likewise the Botani could have easily bonded with the Emerald Dream and found a way to expand their numbers.

Just a matter of making these 2 races into sociable, approachable groups so we can Ally them.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I would like to see all allied races except for Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves removed from the game.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Honestly with the HElf/BElf rivalry that popped up during TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and Legion there were some pretty strong bones for it as HElves as their own thing. They were a longstanding force in the Alliance who were very much at war with the Horde, allied with various Alliance forces, targetted as an Alliance force by the Horde, very much unlikely to join up with their Horde counterparts due to the bad blood between them. HElves were basically the most built up unplayable part of a faction. Like, there's more "HElves as part of the Alliance" than there is pre-BfA Dark Iron or, heck, Ogres as a force within the Horde. Yeah, Stonemaul exists, but that's just one town that's never done anything relevant since Cata, whereas Alliance HElves were showing up in most of the expansions

But, they went with VElves and a lot of that "HElves as their own thing" momentum went. It certainly could have worked and honestly they probably would have worked better as HElves because the story beats would have been there, but, we got VElves instead
    It was a weird thing ye.. the rivalry was a bit odd imo.

We were led to believe high elves were like 0,1 and the ones you play are the actual scourge survivors
    Until they kept showing them as major forces with numbers ass pulled from wrath and onwards.

We got the renamed high elves as in blood elves. From that point I though it was common sense they wouldnt put in the same race with blue eyes on the alliance. Anyway, without repeating myself I think most were touched on, but ye the conclusion was void elves.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-23 at 05:11 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    It's not like the Alliance got orcs though.

Despite everything I believe humans hate orcs more than they hate each other.
    the Argent Crusade, Brotherhood of the Light, Kirin Tor, and the Ravenholdt exist
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

To my previous mok'nathal post, i would love brokens too.

I remember when Hipnos did these fan-allied races images, both looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Argent Crusade, Brotherhood of the Light, Kirin Tor, and the Ravenholdt exist
    These are groups with a defined objective/common interests not nations and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Said this years ago and will keep saying it, I rather see more customization for existing races rather than any new playable race ever again
    Agree honestly, especially when many of the existing allied races are just reskins of existing races. Id rather all trolls get a second body type to cover amani or drakkari and some new voice packs for different tribes.

Merge all draenie, all orcs and all tauren into single races and add in different voice choices etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

To my previous mok'nathal post, i would love brokens too.

I remember when Hipnos did these fan-allied races images, both looked awesome.
    Id like broken draenie and withered blood elves/nightborne.

Would be awesome playing some mana junkie XD

what even would be the racial for fulrbogs

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We already have the customizations to play all of these.
    We have the customization to play a Darkfallen only in the recently retconned meaning of the word where it applies to all undead Elves. In the meaning it had for most of WoW's existence where it referred to San'layn specifically, we do not have that customization. Which I'm pretty sure is what @DatToffer meant by saying "actual" Darkfallen.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2023-02-24 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.