View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear according to this article the EU's paymasters are struggling...

"Germany is on the brink"

Whereas Brexit Britain...

"Britain may escape" and "The UK is proving to be the lucky one"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...ne/ar-AA17SYfR

Would have been different if we still had the costs of sending billions and billions to the EU. Thank you Brexit!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Just to show dribbles what an actual Brexit benefit looks like:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...bourg-rosslare

There you go dribbles; something clearly good, and caused specifically and exclusively by Brexit. That is a Brexit benefit.

Of course, it's not a benefit for us. But this is as close as you're going to get.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh dear according to this article the EU's paymasters are struggling...

"Germany is on the brink"

Whereas Brexit Britain...

"Britain may escape" and "The UK is proving to be the lucky one"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...ne/ar-AA17SYfR

Would have been different if we still had the costs of sending billions and billions to the EU. Thank you Brexit!

So selective in your reading it’s pathetic, same article

Many other forecasters still believe Britain will still enter a recession, albeit a smaller and shorter one than previously thought.
    That beeing said, your odd way off seemingly hoping for recessions in EU countries, cus that might justfiy brexit in your feeble mind is just sad.

Recessions will happen eventually, within the EU, the UK, the US, China, Japan etc. Etc.

But a recession in Italy does not make brexit any less of a shitshow based on utter lies and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So selective in your reading it’s pathetic, same article

That beeing said, your odd way off seemingly hoping for recessions in EU countries, cus that might justfiy brexit in your feeble mind is just sad.

Recessions will happen eventually, within the EU, the UK, the US, China, Japan etc. Etc.

But a recession in Italy does not make brexit any less of a shitshow based on utter lies and racism.
    doesnt Japan have had a very very very slow and long recession since the 80's?

What dribbles' article said: "Germany may have a 0.2% recession in the coming quarter, and many other forecasters believe that the UK will enter one too"

What dribbles said the article said: Germany is on the brink of economic disaster but the UK is not!

Your bullshit and gaslighting won't fly here, go back to your Wetherspoons and circlejerk about how Brexit is going with the other local alumni of "Things my mate Dave down the pub said" University instead. But don't get too drunk, they might not send an ambulance. Another of your "brexit benefits?"
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2023-02-26 at 08:02 AM.

https://orf.at/stories/3306689/

You might have to use deepL or stuff like that.

So not only vegetables, but also fruit soon... and seems that the Tories are at fault (I mean they are at fault anyways because of Brexit, but on top of that they messed up beyond Brexit)

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

So not only vegetables, but also fruit soon... and seems that the Tories are at fault (I mean they are at fault anyways because of Brexit, but on top of that they messed up beyond Brexit)
    And the little that they manage to plant and forecast cost-covering prices at supermarkets won't be harvestable because people like Dribbles (whose closest ever encounter with a farm was an episode of Countryfile) decided that they didn't need Eastern European harvest workers.

rofl, walking down the street eating an apple or a banana is gonna start being a power move thanks to the Tories.

Rishi Sunak is to hold face-to-face talks with the European Commission president as he tries to secure a new Brexit deal for Northern Ireland.

Getting closer to amending the NI protocol.

I hope he throws the DUP and the ERG under a bus where they belong.

7+ Year Old Account

Now rationing in the EU...

"Empty vegetable shelves in the Netherlands. Tomatoes, peppers, cauliflowers, and avocados are in short supply."
    "Supermarkets limit how many cauliflowers each customer can buy"

https://nltimes.nl/2023/02/22/avocad...ly-due-weather

Remainers go "must be the fault of the Tories and brr brr Brexit". lols

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    Rishi Sunak is to hold face-to-face talks with the European Commission president as he tries to secure a new Brexit deal for Northern Ireland.

Getting closer to amending the NI protocol.

I hope he throws the DUP and the ERG under a bus where they belong.
    Looks like the EU have caved to mighty Brexit Britain to me Nigel...

Brussels is thought to have agreed to ditch checks and paperwork on almost all goods and produce sent from mainland Britain to Northern Ireland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xit-rules.html

We will see later today.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep production in Westland has slowed down because of higher gasprices. So no more export to Britain, which was already less then before a certain political decision.
    I have to go to the supermarket later today. I wonder if I can fine an empty shelf today.

We will see later today.
    From that article:

Steve "Hardman" Baker is on "resignation watch".

Mark Francois says "he would accept a deal only if 'EU law is expunged from Northern Ireland'".

It simply doesn't matter whether or not Francois "accepts a deal" as he's not going to get a vote on it. The deal is a fait accompli. If he doesn't "accept it", he can bugger off and take the rest of the ERG with him, but he won't, of course as we don't have PR. All mouth, that lot.

Now rationing in the EU...

"Empty vegetable shelves in the Netherlands. Tomatoes, peppers, cauliflowers, and avocados are in short supply."
    "Supermarkets limit how many cauliflowers each customer can buy"

https://nltimes.nl/2023/02/22/avocad...ly-due-weather

Remainers go "must be the fault of the Tories and brr brr Brexit". lols
    I note that you selectively snipped some sentences, let's give full context -

Cold weather in Southern Europe and empty Dutch greenhouses due to high energy bills have resulted in empty vegetable shelves in the Netherlands. Tomatoes, peppers, cauliflowers, and avocados are in short supply - and their prices have risen accordingly, the Telegraaf reports.
    Bold is what you quoted. Problem is that the shelves don't actually appear to be empty, prices simply went up and there are limits placed on some fruits and veggies.

vs.

Completely empty store shelves and a woman who looks like she's never eaten a beat in her life telling people to eat beats or whatever.

Let's look how things are going in a literal warzone though -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2288193.html

Channel 4 news reporter Lindsey Hilsum shared a picture of a visit to a Silpo shop in Kherson - which is reguarly being struck by Russian troops in their assault.

“No tomato shortage here - but I’m in Kherson, a frontline Ukrainian city that gets shelled by the Russians daily, not a British supermarket,” she wrote on Thursday.

Heathcliff O'Malley wrote on Twitter in response: “Silpo and other Ukrainian supermarkets put our own to shame in more ways than one ….”

James M Turner reacted: “That's absolutely hilarious.”

“A supermarket in an actual war zone has a greater selection of tomatoes than those in Brexit Britain,” David added.
    How embarassing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    From that article:

Steve "Hardman" Baker is on "resignation watch".

Mark Francois says "he would accept a deal only if 'EU law is expunged from Northern Ireland'".

It simply doesn't matter whether or not Francois "accepts a deal" as he's not going to get a vote on it. The deal is a fait accompli. If he doesn't "accept it", he can bugger off and take the rest of the ERG with him, but he won't, of course as we don't have PR. All mouth, that lot.
    ERG support, and Rishi Sunaks future in reality, is conditional on the new EU deal being accepted by the DUP. The only way the deal will be acceptable to the DUP, and the restoration of Stormont, is if there is a total capitulation by the EU.

And oh looksie here...

Steve Baker has just said “I can only say this, the prime minister is on the cusp of securing a really fantastic result for everyone involved.”

EU climbdown, with a bit of caution, all but confirmed in a win for Brexit Britain as the deal is done. Still need to hear if the influential and widely respected Boris Johnson supports the deal though, and it is always wise to beware EU leaders bearing gifts...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I note that you selectively snipped some sentences, let's give full context -

Bold is what you quoted. Problem is that the shelves don't actually appear to be empty, prices simply went up and there are limits placed on some fruits and veggies.

vs.

Completely empty store shelves and a woman who looks like she's never eaten a beat in her life telling people to eat beats or whatever.

Let's look how things are going in a literal warzone though -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2288193.html

How embarassing.
    Well with the Netherlands being the greenhouse of the EU I would agree it is embarrassing to have rationing and not to have fully stocked veggies in their supermarkets. At least we needing to import from afar have reasonable cause. But Brexit rides to the rescue here in the UK once again as another benefit becomes apparent.

Mr Rwabwogo said Brexit has “given us a chance to speak to Britain as a country and to become a sourcing centre for them”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...da/ar-AA17XksS

An opportunity only available to the UK thanks to the beautiful Brexit. Another day another Brexit upside becomes apparent...

EWell with the Netherlands being the greenhouse of the EU I would agree it is embarrassing to have rationing and not to have fully stocked veggies in their supermarkets.
    This reeks of "cope", as the internet kids say. They've got veggies and you don't, simple as that.

Mr Rwabwogo said Brexit has “given us a chance to speak to Britain as a country and to become a sourcing centre for them”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...da/ar-AA17XksS

An opportunity only available to the UK thanks to the beautiful Brexit. Another day another Brexit upside becomes apparent...
    How long do you figure it'll take before they can spin up domestic production? Those things do have to grow, after all, and then supply chains have to be set up from there.

Though I'm unsure why such a deal would have been impossible outside of Brexit?

Northern Ireland Brexit deal: At-a-glance

The "Stormont Brake" sounds like a bit of a fudge... will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Not sure how this:

Under the protocol, some EU law applies in Northern Ireland, but politicians had no formal way to influence the rules

is compatible with ERG and DUP stances.

The document states that: "Any dispute on this issue would be resolved through subsequent independent arbitration according to international, not EU, law."

Our resident German lawyer want to give an opinion?

I'm still trying to figure out what's to stop goods from GB entering Northern Ireland in the Green Lane and after being transfered to another vehicle get taken to the Republic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what's to stop goods from GB entering Northern Ireland in the Green Lane and after being transfered to another vehicle get taken to the Republic?
    Nothing really. And I'm sure someone will be looking at the difference between red lane goods and total amount of goods going from Ireland into the EU.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    What you have just witnessed is a UK Brexit cake and eat it moment. I do understand eurochums and those of the remain/rejoin persuasion must have woken up this morning a little shell shocked as the EU row back on all their red lines they ever once stood firm for. No wonder remainers here are a little quiet.

Remember when the EU said they couldn't re-open the GFA breaking NIP and wouldn't move an inch? It has just been torn to shreds, replaced by the Windsor Agreement and they have moved a full 9 yards. They said the UK couldn't have free access to their EU single market without massive financial contributions and accepting freedom of movement. In short no benefits without the obligations of being a member or what is the point of EU membership. Northern Ireland does now. They said the UK had to follow EU rules to maintain access to their single market and its benefits, Northern Ireland doesn't and it now has a veto over EU decisions.

I do wonder if some EU member states might now ask why if a part of the UK can benefit from equivalence of EU membership with none of the responsibilities and retaining sovereignty why can't we? Isn't non EU member Northern Ireland in a better position than any EU full member state?

I'm no fan of Rishi Sunak but he sums it up well today:-

"Northern Ireland is in an unbelievably special position in having privileged access, not just to the UK home market, which is enormous... but also the European Union single market."

Brexit gets more beautiful by the day.

What you have just witnessed is a UK Brexit cake and eat it moment. I do understand eurochums and those of the remain/rejoin persuasion must have woken up this morning a little shell shocked as the EU row back on all their red lines they ever once stood firm for. No wonder remainers here are a little quiet.
    My dude. I have gone quiet because I'm working my tits off.

They said the UK had to follow EU rules to maintain access to their single market and its benefits, Northern Ireland doesn't and it now has a veto over EU decisions.
    No, as usual, this is a misrepresentation.

I do agree, the outcome is an improvement on the situation. So, good for the people of NI. But, as you well know, it's polishing a turd.

Baker today talking about "opportunities". There are less. Now we've left the EU there are less opportunities. Trade, travel, collaboration. It's that straight forward and everyone knows it.