Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Obviously, you got extremely lucky. It happens, and congrats on that.

FYI with the Zenet bird, you can take its picture after killing it and that still counts.
    I know, but sadly the dumb bird corpse does respawn quite quickly - besides that, I actually didn't know the achievement existed when I killed it first haha.

Also I had like .... I think ... 58 kills for Breeze, overall? Like I said, you can just use server hopping to farm it quite easily.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'm inclined to agree, It really dampens the excitement of getting a new cool mount.
    I do collect, even mount's I don't particularly like, so I'm definitely collecting.
    But the best part was always adding a new cool mount to your favorite pool (I generally keep a slim favorite pool, and often rotate mounts in & out).

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Hopefully not. Dragonriding is fun, but it is a massive downgrade to traditional flying.
    I'm fairly sure, that's an actually unpopular opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

The problem isn't dragonriding, which is amazing. The problem is, they haven't updated the other mounts to work with it yet.

It's time to fully transition over to dragonriding throughout the entire game.

We tend to forget that speed is relative. Sure, Dragonriding is CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY fast, but the zones are bigger as well.
    I can get from Valdrakken to Harkyn Grymstone in about 1 min 5 sec. In a semi-casual way. But i can get to the Argent Crusader Camp from Dalaran in 1 min 30 sec as well on a regular mount.
    Last week I was at Imbu killing a Lariat rare. From there, it took me almost 3 minutes to get to the Feast. Getting from Valdrakken to the feast? It's kind of a like a "chore" after months. Now getting back from Harkyn or the Feast to Valdrakken? Don't get me started. Hearthstone. I would go as far to say wait for hearthstone to come up if it's on cooldown. Nope.
    What I can't do is eat or drink because dragonriding needs both your hands and full attention... (It's basically scaling, but with handglue to the keyboard".)
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-03-08 at 03:57 PM.

That's certainly true, but I find the much larger zones more immersive. Older expansions were absolutely jam-packed. Every square foot had a purpose, a quest led you there, a secret, something. Dragon Isles aren't like that, and I really do appreciate the difference. Just IMO, of course.

When Blizzard fulfills their promise and allows normal flying in the Dragon Isles, I won't switch over 100%-- I'll still hope on my dragon for longer distances, and I'll be happy that option exists. Short distances, gathering, camping rares, etc, normal flight all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    no

mount collecting was always boring tbh, and something you do when you had nothing else to do. I can get the idea that because you can't use your new mount its less fun to do, BUT, 90% of the mounts I have I don't use and 70% i will never use.

I still collect after otter even though i havent played DF for 2023
    Then why still hang here if you don't even play the game lol.
    Game is in best state since MoP. Also mount farming is very much something alot of people do.

I assume they will make all mounts dragonriding since it's far better then the oldskool noclip flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I very much doubt older mounts will be converted to dragonriding. They would have to alter those mounts, not just their animations but likely their skeletons so as to support the smooth animations required.

They could ofc add dragonriding versions of some old mounts. Maybe via timewalking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Hopefully not. Dragonriding is fun, but it is a massive downgrade to traditional flying.
    I would like to see traditonal flying get unlocked at some point. When they removed flying i removed myself from their playerbase. Explore the world on a ground mount? No thank you.

I just want hover. Its the only safe way to pause the game.