Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gonna be honest. It looked funny, but terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I think it has to do it with ruining childhood for some people. In recent years they ruined quite a few good characters, Velma being the most recent.
    I kinda go with the theory Velma was made specifically to be terrible so I write that off as any sort of proof. April on the other hand is so fluid through the years there isn't a concrete THIS IS APRIL

So far she's been a reporter, a ninja, a hacker, a scientist, white, black, Hispanic, Asian, a kid, a college student, an adult, a power ranger, etc hell in her most recent appearance she was black and Rise of the TMNT was actually pretty damned good

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it has to do it with ruining childhood for some people. In recent years they ruined quite a few good characters, Velma being the most recent.
    It's probably part ruining the nostalgia factor, part culture war brain rot, depending on person. Given that we don't have really much to go off of at the moment, unless something past the trailer in the OP dropped, it's far too early to tell if it will be a Velma situation.

First time I've seen article about new turtles i was hyped.
    Now after watching the trailer.... eeeeh.

Subjectively, for me its not just one thing, its not the quality of animation, or design decisions, or voice acting, or jokes.. Its a mix of several small things and it simply haven't clicked with me.

Looking around, it looks like on most, if not all, official Nickelodeon or big channels (like IGN for example) all dislikes are hidden and comments are turned off.
    That alone says enough about the reception of the trailer globally and majority of "Trailer Reaction" videos talk more about the movie's cast rather than trailer it self, avoiding minefield in wide arch.

These TNMT are a "pass" for me until i recall that they exists at times when have nothing better to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    First time I've seen article about new turtles i was hyped.
    Now after watching the trailer.... eeeeh.

Subjectively, for me its not just one thing, its not the quality of animation, or design decisions, or voice acting, or jokes.. Its a mix of several small things and it simply haven't clicked with me.

Looking around, it looks like on most, if not all, official Nickelodeon or big channels (like IGN for example) all dislikes are hidden and comments are turned off.
    That alone says enough about the reception of the trailer globally and majority of "Trailer Reaction" videos talk more about the movie's cast rather than trailer it self, avoiding minefield in wide arch.

These TNMT are a "pass" for me until i recall that they exists at times when have nothing better to watch
    The irony is that every time they pull these stunts and don't allow criticism of what they fully well know is garbage, just makes it fail even harder. It didn't work for Amazon obfuscating the reception to Rings of Power, it sure as hell didn't work for Netflix with Santa Inc and a few other shows, didn't work for HBO or Disney locking comments on their trailers either. People see through the bullshit and the obfuscation just means these talentless hacks can't stand behind their own work and face public ridicule for making garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The irony is that every time they pull these stunts and don't allow criticism of what they fully well know is garbage, just makes it fail even harder. It didn't work for Amazon obfuscating the reception to Rings of Power, it sure as hell didn't work for Netflix with Santa Inc and a few other shows, didn't work for HBO or Disney locking comments on their trailers either. People see through the bullshit and the obfuscation just means these talentless hacks can't stand behind their own work and face public ridicule for making garbage.
    But what do you want them to do? By the time the trailer is out most of the work is probably already made.

Oh gee so many people on the internet think we are crap guess that's a couple million out the window let's completely REDO THE ENTIRE THING

Like shit they did it with Sonic the Hedgehog and now they think we can do it with everything

Then it sounds like they need to grow the fuck up. That goes for anyone who thinks that whatever they liked as a kid can be "ruined" by any sort of contemporary sequel/prequel/reboot/adaptation/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Shame how easily predictable this thread's path was.
    Can I confess that I didn't see it coming? I thought it was just an innocuous cute trailer for a kids movie, and figured everyone else would feel the same way. Guess I've been out of the trenches of this ridiculous culture war for too long.

I have mixed feelings about the art style, but otherwise it looks awesome. Can't wait to hear the usual suspects endless bitching about the usual issues.

Wow, thanks, I hate it.
    Animation looks like dog water
    The usual race baiting signaling that the tone will be very childish
    But worst of all the humor seems to be for kids 9 or under that were brought up on tiktok
    What is with April being fat? stop trying to push unhealthy body acceptance, and what is with Donatello being so insanely nerdy? He is an accomplished martial artist, take any kid and put them through self defense to the point where he/she can beat up multiple grown men, and they will have grown out of the worst of it.
    Oh, and splinter, what in the 7 hells is THAT???

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest question, who the fuck actually cared about Velma as a character in the original SD cartoon?

She was a complete non-event. She was barely a character at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    what is with Donatello being so insanely nerdy?
    Shockingly, Donatello is the nerdy brother in this one!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Honest question, who the fuck actually cared about Velma as a character in the original SD cartoon?
    lol...no one. She only started to matter when she became "the hot one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    But what do you want them to do? By the time the trailer is out most of the work is probably already made.

Oh gee so many people on the internet think we are crap guess that's a couple million out the window let's completely REDO THE ENTIRE THING

Like shit they did it with Sonic the Hedgehog and now they think we can do it with everything
    Pull a Man Sonic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Wow, thanks, I hate it.
    Animation looks like dog water
    The usual race baiting signaling that the tone will be very childish
    But worst of all the humor seems to be for kids 9 or under that were brought up on tiktok
    What is with April being fat? stop trying to push unhealthy body acceptance, and what is with Donatello being so insanely nerdy? He is an accomplished martial artist, take any kid and put them through self defense to the point where he/she can beat up multiple grown men, and they will have grown out of the worst of it.
    Oh, and splinter, what in the 7 hells is THAT???
    Well, in fairness the trailer is on YouTube KIDS.

Literally solved all the mysteries except for times like Ghoul School when it was Scooby, Scrappy, and Shaggy.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Literally solved all the mysteries except for times like Ghoul School when it was Scooby, Scrappy, and Shaggy.
    Difference between being important in the show and people giving a fuck

No one bought Velma toys or wore Velma shirts up until probably a Pup Named Scooby Doo when Fred, Daphne, and Velma has personalities beyond "The Guy, The Girl, and the Smart one"

7+ Year Old Account

Its this exactly mindset that people fuck so many franchises recently

"who the fucks care about X?"
    "this is just nerd shit, who cares"
    "this is a crap hero/fantasy story"
    ''we can make it better"

Well fans and people who do care about will complain, and it was not just velma that they butchered, it was everyone, hell, the dog is not even there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shocked to see how many people are disliking it. I think it looks amazing, maybe I am just blown away but the animation, being an animator and artist myself so maybe I have a bias to like it. Plus having grown up with the TMNT in the 80's both comics and TV show I have a more soft spot for seeing a newer reimagined version of the show.

I can see why it may not be for some people its not the familiar TMNT you are probably used to. Whatever that is? Every iteration has been very different from the other so its hard to keep track of what a definitive TMNT show is supposed to be lol. some will say the 80's, some will say the 2000's and some will even say that animated Nick show from 8 years ago. And maybe some will say the comics from Eastman and Laird. So who the hell knows. It was probably smarter to do its own thing.

also I know people have some hate boner for Seth Rogan for some reason, because he directed a bad Christmas show that no one watched but every one said is bad but they never watched it... But if they watched it knowing it was bad why the fuck did they watch it?
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-03-08 at 07:49 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I think the style is pretty cool.
    Maybe the frame rate is a bit too much stopmotion. But artstyle looks great. Some designs, less so.

Can't say I'm excited though. We'll see if I'll end up seeing it or not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    also I know people have some hate boner for Seth Rogan for some reason, because he directed a bad Christmas show that no one watched but every one said is bad but they never watched it... But if they watched it knowing it was bad why the fuck did they watch it?
    As a person Seth sucks. He's a self absorbed egotistical sod that just likes to hear himself talk. He's not funny at all, and blames everyone but himself with the most far reaching of reasons that makes him look more ridiculous self inserting himself into social politics in a sad attempt to remain relevant.

As I said earlier, he's a man child that throws tantrums.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-08 at 08:18 AM.