Blizzard should find out a way to reset quest progress for a character.

I have some characters from several expansions back whose quest progress is a mess. I'm considering deleting them, but I'm worried about losing achievements. It would be helpful if Blizzard could implement a quest reset feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hseetomuth View Post
    I have some characters from several expansions back whose quest progress is a mess. I'm considering deleting them, but I'm worried about losing achievements. It would be helpful if Blizzard could implement a quest reset feature.
    Unsure I understand what you mean. As you talking about the actual quest progression, as that is a simple take and retake, or are we talking about quest completionist, and you have lost track of what and where to do what?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would be nice to have a opportunity to replay some quest you can't anymore. Like legendary ring/cloak questlines. Or allied races quests. I wish I could see "updated" Gorgrond again, but it's not possible.

Not sure what you mean by "losing achievements".

If it's a character-specific achievement, then if you're not playing those characters you aren't getting those anyway.

If it's an account-wide achievement, then you have it anywhere.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How can they be a mess? Just complete them or delete them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    It would be nice to have a opportunity to replay some quest you can't anymore. Like legendary ring/cloak questlines. Or allied races quests. I wish I could see "updated" Gorgrond again, but it's not possible.
    Alas, the ring and cloak are removed for some reason I never understood (the cloak animations were cool). But you can redo quests if you are playing with someone's new character at the current, with PartySync.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    most achievements related to quests are account-wide. are you talking about the zone quest achievements? because they got switched from "do x number of quests in a zone" to "complete these story quests" a while back.

You could always just wipe the whole quest log and go to Chromie and start them on an expansion they never went to. You did say the characters are several expansions old. That seems the best way to "fresh start" without going nuclear and deleting the character. As well as double check the AH and see if you can buy some basic greens if your gear has been squished below playability. Remember your gold AND items are mailable cross-faction on the same server now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.