Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It's not that a lot of the issues are that big of a deal in a vacuum. It's that there's so many of them, most of which are extremely obvious and could be easily fixed by any competent developer in a couple days and yet there are so many, it's hard to wonder what kind of design process is going on behind the scenes and what else is slipping through the cracks.

This stuff matters, especially in a game like this where you spend hours on hours doing the same thing and comparing stats and items in menus. These things add up to a death by a thousand cuts. And then on top of that, the meat and potatoes of what the game is offering is not much better than previous iterations, which is to say it's still painfully behind its competitors that have nowhere near the budget or manpower that Blizzard has.
    If they fix all the minor issues you have, would you like the game? If not, you probably just need to move on.

The game clearly don't want me to play barb. Finally have a build that's fun, but now champions only drops blues. While it rains rares and legos for any other char...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Been fun so far, Sorc feels extremely strong. Been tinkering with some Frost spec synergies, which has been fun.

Still, it's all low level stuff. No telling what endgame will feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It's not that a lot of the issues are that big of a deal in a vacuum. It's that there's so many of them, most of which are extremely obvious and could be easily fixed by any competent developer in a couple days and yet there are so many, it's hard to wonder what kind of design process is going on behind the scenes and what else is slipping through the cracks.

This stuff matters, especially in a game like this where you spend hours on hours doing the same thing and comparing stats and items in menus. These things add up to a death by a thousand cuts. And then on top of that, the meat and potatoes of what the game is offering is not much better than previous iterations, which is to say it's still painfully behind its competitors that have nowhere near the budget or manpower that Blizzard has.
    That's my take. It worries me when I feel like someone could come in and consult like 10 to 15 small changes that would be a net huge change

not sure if i'm feeling it. think i had more fun in lost ark early on than this.
    the world boss was kinda cool though shame most of the people who showed up where below level 15.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like they embraced the more Diablo 2 feel of Necromancer. as a Necromancer that loved minion building, this makes me happy. My complaint is I don't like the skeleton design, I don't mind the glow aura around them, but I preferred the more simpler more random aspects of the skeletons of Diablo 2. Its just the skeletons in Diablo 4 look very... Ghostbusters (2016) ghosts effects, and its very off putting with the very dark tone of everything else.

I certainly think there's more difference with D3 and D4. D3 the colours were more washed and water coloured. Here the graphics are darker and sharper. More akin to D2. and while not as sharp and crisp as D2 (I mean graphics has come along way in 22 years), its more closer to D2 than D3 in my opinion, but there are some parts and areas that do have that wishy washy art style D3 had so I am not saying you are completely wrong. but generally overall I do think its more closer to D2, especially in the large towns, which all have that 'lived in' 'worn' look to them, that kind of take me back to Diablo 2's Lut Gholein or Harrogath
    ah yes, but you're more talking about "style" of graphism, I was talking about quality / realism instead

like in a unreal engine 5 FPS from now, compared to a unreal engine 4 fps from 10/12 years ago, you'd see the advance in graphisms
    I don't really see that in D4 compared to D3, and yet the game need plenty more power, to render something so close I don't even understand why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    ah yes, but you're more talking about "style" of graphism, I was talking about quality / realism instead

like in a unreal engine 5 FPS from now, compared to a unreal engine 4 fps from 10/12 years ago, you'd see the advance in graphisms
    I don't really see that in D4 compared to D3, and yet the game need plenty more power, to render something so close I don't even understand why bother?
    It's actually that big tbh.

Probably more graphical detail and quality in one character mog in D4 than an entire map in D3.
    D3 didn't even look good when it was released.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

Stress testing seems to be going well, yesterday had 20 minute queue's, today was a 2 minute queue. Exact same as last week, which had over a million people trying to get on while this week has many many many times that. Idk what the launch holds, but I honestly don't see it being the complete disaster that was "error 37 go do something else cause you ain't playing today" that was D3's launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't impressed by the world boss fight though that might be because we didn't manage to defeat it in the 15 min timer. I wish things were telegraphed more or give a little more time. Plus the timer sucks since we were close to defeating it after 15 mins but didn't get the chance. Not sure what the player cap is but we didn't seem to have that many combined with lower levels.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    They aren't valid, they're crap. They're opinions people have for the sake of having opinions. I've never seen anyone on the planet complain that it's too hard to not click on a point to spend on PoE's talent tree, and that has hundreds of times more nodes and they're significantly harder to un-spend if you do misclick - and yet apparently here it's a valid criticism.
    Yes, frankly that's bullshit. Like some people here are really trying too hard to find something to bitch about.

Quite a few things overall are real and frankly - there are plenty actual issues big and small to talk about. But that? Please...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I wasn't impressed by the world boss fight though that might be because we didn't manage to defeat it in the 15 min timer. I wish things were telegraphed more or give a little more time. Plus the timer sucks since we were close to defeating it after 15 mins but didn't get the chance. Not sure what the player cap is but we didn't seem to have that many combined with lower levels.
    I main Sorc with Hydra/Shock/Ice Blades build, got together with 3 more Sorcs from D4 Discord.

Combined it took us about 40s to 1m to kill World Boss, after which we went jumping other instances for it. So every window today we killed World Boss 4 times, for 8 total.

Was actually real fun to blast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    O
    Bad:
    - Entire skill system for every single class. Like, when i firstly checked it my though was "nice, beta got their own skill system to not spoil the game". But i dont think this is the case. Barebones would be complement on this piece of shit. EVERY class got one basic attack, which build your resources (or speed it up), one spender to dumb resources and cd skills. And some classes, like sorc just benefits for having every skill of the same element because of passives later down the skill tree so you have like 8 skills which you slot 6?! What the actual fucking fuck!? And remember, you dont benefit from having more than one hard hitting skill because they use all the same resource. Whoever designed this system should not even be allowed into making any systems in life. I would not let trust him make shopping list.
    - Every class plays the same - nuke with resource spender -> spam filler till resource go high enough to nuke with spender (use cd as needed, propably on cd because you dont actually benefit that much from holding them).
    You legit have no idea what you are talking about and it shows for anyone who actually did anything this beta beyond level 18 or whatever you rage quit at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, frankly that's bullshit. Like some people here are really trying too hard to find something to bitch about.

Quite a few things overall are real and frankly - there are plenty actual issues big and small to talk about. But that? Please...

- - - Updated - - -

I main Sorc with Hydra/Shock/Ice Blades build, got together with 3 more Sorcs from D4 Discord.

Combined it took us about 40s to 1m to kill World Boss, after which we went jumping other instances for it. So every window today we killed World Boss 4 times, for 8 total.

Was actually real fun to blast.

- - - Updated - - -

You legit have no idea what you are talking about and it shows for anyone who actually did anything this beta beyond level 18 or whatever you rage quit at.
    Or the skill tree is bad/lazy/uninspired and provides no incentive to run the game multiple times through seasons to try out different builds. Seems pretty important to me

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Or the skill tree is bad/lazy/uninspired and provides no incentive to run the game multiple times through seasons to try out different builds. Seems pretty important to me
    Isn't that like, only half the skill customization though? Legendary gear being the other half?

Don't get me wrong, skill tree so far is...meh. I swapped to sorc and skills are better but the tree is still fairly unexciting so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Isn't that like, only half the skill customization though? Legendary gear being the other half?

Don't get me wrong, skill tree so far is...meh. I swapped to sorc and skills are better but the tree is still fairly unexciting so far.
    Y'all forgetting about Paragon system.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

There's the paragon system which is even worse.

Are legendarys even legendary when they take up every slot?

I guess you have the excitement of hoping for a 5 stat roll yellow to use instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you literally did not even try...

Like legit the guy says "sorcs forced to play 1 element - reality, all the best builds mix them because combined sub effects of skills feed into each other, for example various lightning skills increase crit chance, fire skills have boosted crit damage, frost provides vulnerability debuff and so on.

So for Sorc the prime build for level 25 for World Boss specifically is Base Shock skill (Lightning Stacks Crit chance), Hydra (Fire pewpew), Frost Blades (Ice, reduces cooldown of itself and other skills on hit), Then 3 more CD skills to feed into Frost Blades and its enchantment that pops more Frost Blades per cooldown spent in seconds.

Also this build additionally revolves around not using resources, so you benefit from Legendary that gives you flat damage increase based on your current resource amount.

And that's just one lowbie starter level 25 build. In before Paragon and all, and with less than half the skill points you will have in the end.

Here's another build: Chain Lightning/Hydra - This one is dump resource into CL to burst blow up shit, while benefiting from CL node that increases CL crit chance each jump combined with Hydra node that increases its crit chance if other ability you use crits. Add Fireball -OR- CL enchant (sorc special mechanic that allows to slot active abilities as passive skills for some interesting benefit) and you got both boss killer and wave clear. Though it's more burst and less sustain, as it relies on limited resource use contrary to previous one.

That's just 2 builds out of about 4 that people run right now in beta for Sorc.

But sure, guess every build is "lol builder spender same element" rant. First build literally does not even have builder/spender and instead works off CDs and CDR, while combining elements because of synergy.

I have no issue when there is real legitimate feedback being posted, but when it's a bunch of assumptions based on 18 levels and "skill tree has element passives, must be full element builds mandatory" take is just not that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-03-25 at 08:51 PM.

Or you literally did not even try...

Like legit the guy says "sorcs forced to play 1 element - reality, all the best builds mix them because combined sub effects of skills feed into each other, for example various lightning skills increase crit chance, fire skills have boosted crit damage, frost provides vulnerability debuff and so on.

So for Sorc the prime build for level 25 for World Boss specifically is Base Shock skill (Lightning Stacks Crit chance), Hydra (Fire pewpew), Frost Blades (Ice, reduces cooldown of itself and other skills on hit), Then 3 more CD skills to feed into Frost Blades and its enchantment that pops more Frost Blades per cooldown spent in seconds.

Also this build additionally revolves around not using resources, so you benefit from Legendary that gives you flat damage increase based on your current resource amount.

And that's just one lowbie starter level 25 build. In before Paragon and all, and with less than half the skill points you will have in the end.

Here's another build: Chain Lightning/Hydra - This one is dump resource into CL to burst blow up shit, while benefiting from CL node that increases CL crit chance each jump combined with Hydra node that increases its crit chance if other ability you use crits. Add Fireball -OR- CL enchant (sorc special mechanic that allows to slot active abilities as passive skills for some interesting benefit) and you got both boss killer and wave clear. Though it's more burst and less sustain, as it relies on limited resource use contrary to previous one.

That's just 2 builds out of about 4 that people run right now in beta for Sorc.

But sure, guess every build is "lol builder spender same element" rant.

I mean both builds you listed revolve around buffing up hydras damage...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean both builds you listed revolve around buffing up hydras damage...
    Absolutely not.

Build 1 actually revolves around putting out as much Ice Blades as possible, where they are actual source of DPS and defense for the build. You end up with having 6-7 of them up which feed your CD skills and in return reinvest into blades.

See? You don't even understand that.

Hydra is a good skill, but it's not end all be all the only way at 25. Hydra/Blades are being fed by many conjured blades there as well, due to talent that increases all your damage per conjuration up. That's another point why this build works.

Level 25 and you already have half a dozen synergies within a build.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-03-25 at 08:55 PM.

Well, it's a pass for me. Every event, every boss fight, everything is just "survive until the timer runs out/progress bar fills up/enemies are dead". It's Shadowlands all over again, except that it's even more boring. Everything's a cutscene, performance is horrible, and I'm tired of trying to figure out what this means, or that means, or whatever. Why do certain things in my inventory have a hammer over them when I'm at a vendor? They don't need repairing. Am I supposed to salvage them? Why those items in particular? And why do you meet up with this guy in the middle of nowhere, have him fight with you for ten minutes, only for him to wander off to who knows where? Diablo 3 had followers. Diablo 2 had mercenaries you could hire. Here, you're all alone. And everything is way over-tuned. I might as well be throwing marshmallows at some of these things, for all the good all my shiny weapons do.

It's just Shadowlands part 2. Now I know what happened to the team that worked on that expansion and why DF is so much better - that team did its best to ruin WoW, and now they're doing the same thing to Diablo.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, it's a pass for me. Every event, every boss fight, everything is just "survive until the timer runs out/progress bar fills up/enemies are dead". It's Shadowlands all over again, except that it's even more boring. Everything's a cutscene, performance is horrible, and I'm tired of trying to figure out what this means, or that means, or whatever. Why do certain things in my inventory have a hammer over them when I'm at a vendor? They don't need repairing. Am I supposed to salvage them? Why those items in particular? And why do you meet up with this guy in the middle of nowhere, have him fight with you for ten minutes, only for him to wander off to who knows where? Diablo 3 had followers. Diablo 2 had mercenaries you could hire. Here, you're all alone. And everything is way over-tuned. I might as well be throwing marshmallows at some of these things, for all the good all my shiny weapons do.

It's just Shadowlands part 2. Now I know what happened to the team that worked on that expansion and why DF is so much better - that team did its best to ruin WoW, and now they're doing the same thing to Diablo.
    If you hover over the item you would know that symbol means you get the transmog when salvaging.

Absolutely not.

Build 1 actually revolves around putting out as much Ice Blades as possible, where they are actual source of DPS and defense for the build. You end up with having 6-7 of them up which feed your CD skills and in return reinvest into blades.

See? You don't even understand that.

Hydra is a good skill, but it's not end all be all the only way at 25. Hydra/Blades are being fed by many conjured blades there as well, due to talent that increases all your damage per conjuration up. That's another point why this build works.

Level 25 and you already have half a dozen synergies within a build.
    OK sure. Let's say there's 20 great builds the sorc can use alone. You're gonna be waiting for the world boss and doing nightmare dungeons at end game. World boss is a once a week thing once they fix the multi looting bug. And dungeons are designed by some nepo baby game designer that failed high school computers and they think the problem is people want to kill monsters running back. Not that they don't want to run back in the first place