Thread: Screen Problem

Screen Problem

Dropped my laptop and now a fourth of the screen looks like this. I wanted to know of it's fixable before going to a repair shop. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely its fixable, you just need to swap the screen. The bad news is that specific parts for laptops (or any sort of proprietary hardware) is expensive.

Perhaps at the hardware store they can get one that is compatible but that doesn't come from HP. Either way, you need to go to the repair shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't be able to fix it by yourself. So yes, service time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely repairable, but not by yourself (unless your handy with a small parts screwdriver and minor repair). Repair shops will order the part. Might be cheap, might be expensive. I would say 80% of the laptop screens we replace were under $250 for parts and labor.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Alternatively you could mirror your screen to a monitor/TV. Might help bridge the gap before you can get it seen/repaired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Alternatively you could mirror your screen to a monitor/TV. Might help bridge the gap before you can get it seen/repaired.
    I would actually recomend doing that just to make sure its the screen and not something weird with the gpu.