Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Flight stones, whelp stones, this stone that stone, combine 10 of those, 3 of these, smash that, do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...

For FUCKs sake just 1 currency would have sufficed.
    Did you play SL? They made 50 new currencies for ur bag, it was dogshit though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an interesting looking system, but it's too early to really judge it when the Season hasn't started. I agree the bag bloat is pretty ridic in general this Expansion, I'm constantly having eight bag spaces at best right now and my bank is full to the brim.

Pretty much it merges the M+ Gear system with Raiding so all PVE gear is unified and each option, instead of being fully upgradeable has a bit of leeway into the next bracket (Normal Raid Gear upgradeable to Heroic, Heroic upgradeable to Mythic) which could also help to fix bad RNG with drops.

From a transmog and not gearing perspective I'm unsure about it, having 2500 score now if I wanted to get transmog for an item I could get a 376 item, cataclyst it and upgrade to 415 and get all four recolours for the tier (LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic) but that's just a me problem I think
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

i myself in shadowlands had 41 availalble currencies. there was more but i never swapped to every faction to come across the others, and nearly all of them were in the currency tab. they really did a number in this expasion with item/currency bloat, but instead of putting most currencies behind a tab they itemeized them and they now for the most part sit in your bag taking up inventory space with the bronze, silver, and gold herbs/ores/leathers etc....

Flight stones, whelp stones, this stone that stone, combine 10 of those, 3 of these, smash that, do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...

No, it wouldn't. Having them seperate is actually a necessary part of the system. And only one of those is even a currency. None of them are terribly complex either.

So congratulations, you've proven that you failed to grasp a very simple system.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's cute that you guys think Ion's single-handedly mustache-twirling and conceiving these systems just to fuck with you guys.
    Dude...

I just want to kill monsters and get loot.

In game systems should be easy enough to figure out without having to go to a third party site, or require developers to post explanations about them.

Maybe we're all just retards and your the genius amongst us right? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it wouldn't. Having them seperate is actually a necessary part of the system. And only one of those is even a currency. None of them are terribly complex either.

So congratulations, you've proven that you failed to grasp a very simple system.
    Looking through this thread, it seems I'm not the only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Did you play SL? They made 50 new currencies for ur bag, it was dogshit though..
    I only made it through 4 months of shadowlands.

Torghast made me want to spoon my eyeballs out with a spork.

Dude...

In game systems should be easy enough to figure out without having to go to a third party site, or require developers to post explanations about them.

Maybe we're all just retards and your the genius amongst us right? lol
    What the fuck does that have to do with what I posted?

Because my position isn't immediately "hurr durr Ion Hazzikostas too complicated lol" that means that I think the system is perfect and everybody who doesn't understand it is retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What the fuck does that have to do with what I posted?

Because my position isn't immediately "hurr durr Ion Hazzikostas too complicated lol" that means that I think the system is perfect and everybody who doesn't understand it is retarded?
    Come on... no one mentioned the evil Ion. At this point your trolling.

If you have to make a huge giant post https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...ystem-overview about how an upgrade system works, then its to complicated.

A system should be easy enough to use so that in game, someone can look a it and 10 seconds later go, 'got it, kill such and such and get loot and then upgrade' and they can get back to doing killing baddies and getting loot.

But hey, we all can't be as elite as you I guess.

Come on... no one mentioned the evil Ion. At this point your trolling.

If you have to make a huge giant post https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...ystem-overview about how an upgrade system works, then its to complicated.

A system should be easy enough to use so that in game, someone can look a it and 10 seconds later go, 'got it, kill such and such and get loot and then upgrade' and they can get back to doing killing baddies and getting loot.

But hey, we all can't be as elite as you I guess.
    1.) We know what you mean when you say "looks like it was written by a lawyer." Please do not insult anybody's intelligence.
    2.) You're still going on about shit that I'm not saying. Please read my first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    There's a lot of bad design in this expansion. A lot of friction, and weird complexity for the sake of it. Currencies, professions, talents, travel, upgrades, you name it. It's extremely clunky.
    They fixed so so much from SL but the one thing they carried over from the expansion that was actually doubled down in SL is the currencies. I don't ever remember BfA or Legion being as bad as this or SL for the currency side of things.

How hard would it have been to do:

PvP currency:
    -RBG drops x+1000, rated arena drops x + 300
    -Random BG win drops x + 100, loss drops x + 50 etc.

PvE currency
    -Raid drops y + 2000 mythic, 1500 heroic, 800 normal, 100 LFR
    -Mythic + drops tiered based on key level.
    -World content even drops it at like 2 a world quest or something

PvP vendor offers gear for x currency and allows upgrades on that gear for the same currency and same thing for PvE vendor.

Voila. I fucking fixed gearing in this game.

OH WAIT THEY DID THAT SHIT OVER A DECADE AGO IN WotLK.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2023-05-07 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They fixed so so much from SL but the one thing they carried over from the expansion that was actually doubled down in SL is the currencies. I don't ever remember BfA or Legion being as bad as this or SL for the currency side of things.

How hard would it have been to do:

PvP currency:
    -RBG drops x+1000, rated arena drops x + 300
    -Random BG win drops x + 100, loss drops x + 50 etc.

PvE currency
    -Raid drops y + 2000 mythic, 1500 heroic, 800 normal, 100 LFR
    -Mythic + drops tiered based on key level.
    -World content even drops it at like 2 a world quest or something

PvP vendor offers gear for x currency and allows upgrades on that gear for the same currency and same thing for PvE vendor.

Voila. I fucking fixed gearing in this game.

OH WAIT THEY DID THAT SHIT OVER A DECADE AGO IN WotLK.
    Any upgrade system needs to gate upgrade levels behind the appropriate difficulty level. How would you gate that appropriately in your system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Dude...

this hasn't been true of wow, pretty much ever. off the top of my head, in game systems that you had to go to a third party site to figure out: weapon skill, pushing crits off the combat table, hit caps, crit soft caps, haste soft caps, glancing blows, parry haste, crushing blows...there's probably plenty more about the combat system that I have either forgotten or never bothered to look up in the first place

Yeah this is just overcomplicated. I had a lof of fun with valor and conquest in 10.0 and thought they were great and easy to understand systems. I'm glad that I've unsubscribed from the game and won't have to deal with this mess. The systems designers REALLY need to take some usability courses because they do this shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    So you never even tried it? Just read a post and quit in disgust? Odd way of approaching a game, but you be you.
    I'm smart enough to understand a system without trying a system but seasoned enough to find it exhausting. No thanks, I'll resubscribe when they give us valor back, there are other games to play that don't fick with you like this.

you need 3rd party site or explanation of new upgrade system? perhaps you were right in your next sentance... not about all, just some people...

When it's got to the point that you are running around some strange area one month into the expansion and suddenly see a question mark and apparently theres a NPC there which apparently you have some currency for that apparently gives some currency for something else when you trade the former currency...

Well at that point I just gave up, and leveled an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of currency is a massive put off I do agree, not that WoW hasn't had multiple currencies before but every expansion thee just seems more and more.

while not the sole reason, but I do feel WoW has become way too over complicated. ITs why I unsubbed 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-05-07 at 08:27 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Sorry, but that is no new bright idea. Not that I disagree with you - but they have been doing this at least since WotLK when we had every season (or patch, even on small patches) a new "valor" like currency.

And the same goes for all the grey "flavor" items - aka trash since forever. But it really picked up IMHO when we got 30 and 32 slot bags and I thought "now I will have space". Oh yeah...and don't forget all the new "reagents" we got when we got the reagent bags. And with the QoL to stack some items to 100? Nope...still having never enough space.

But the icing on the shit cake must be, vendors now selling things for combinations of ore / herbs , Dragon Supplies and animal parts ^^

I swear the idea is to keep you busy and longer in the game just to sort stuff etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    One currency is shit. Becuase it just makes people run the easiest dungeon on the lowest difficulty ad infinitum.

Granted the new system is... a bit weird at first.
    But if you just play a bit it is rather easy to understand.

And the upgrade vendors tell you exactly WHAT you need... soo... better than what we had imho.
    And no i don't think the one currency solution was good or "gave players the freedom to play how they wanted". It just made people grind.
    Now you can target specific upgrades you want. Want the best? You will get it from the weekly box.
    Want NEARLY the best. Mythic raiding or M+ 16 and above or PvP.
    As I've said before, you can control this with amounts. You can have +2 drop 10 valor and +16 drop 150 valor with 500 valor upgrade costs at higher ilvls. Who in their right mind would run 250 +2 when they can run dramatically less higher keys ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    Sorry, but that is no new bright idea. Not that I disagree with you - but they have been doing this at least since WotLK when we had every season (or patch, even on small patches) a new "valor" like currency.

And the same goes for all the grey "flavor" items - aka trash since forever. But it really picked up IMHO when we got 30 and 32 slot bags and I thought "now I will have space". Oh yeah...and don't forget all the new "reagents" we got when we got the reagent bags. And with the QoL to stack some items to 100? Nope...still having never enough space.

But the icing on the shit cake must be, vendors now selling things for combinations of ore / herbs , Dragon Supplies and animal parts ^^

I swear the idea is to keep you busy and longer in the game just to sort stuff etc.
    There was like 4 currencies in WotLK? Gold, Emblems, Championship Seals and Stone Keeper Shards, and I guess Venture Coins? If you want to count Venture Coins? and there are like 10(?) in Dragonflight. I am not sure if WoD had more but since Cata the amount of tokens introduced in game have been absurd.

And as you mentioned yes the weird item combination of things needed to buy stuff which I think has been a thing since Legion, I hate.

The idea may be to keep you busy, but I was busy in WoW when there was less tokens... I was also still playing back then, now WoW feels stressful to play, everything fills me with an sense of anxiety whenever I used to log in. I quit in Shadowlands because I was being overwhelmed with stuff. My screen looked like an overcrowded mess of 'things to do'.

This isn't just a WoW problem either MMO's in general seem to have moved this way, so maybe its the way MMO's are now, they are just job simulators. There's a reason I moved away from MMO's and onto games like Valhiem, because its less stressful, more laid back and despite 'not much to do' I am always busy.

Less is more in my opinion. I liked the idea of making my own fun in game. I haven't even played PvP since Cata, because back then I used tor un out of things to do, dailies used to have a good 20 minutes and I would be like 'lets do some PVP' :P

Now its like so micro managed. It makes me dizzy just thinking about it

Currencies are fine, and 4 - 5 of them over the course of an expansion is fine.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There was like 4 currencies in WotLK? Gold, Emblems, Championship Seals and Stone Keeper Shards, and I guess Venture Coins? If you want to count Venture Coins?
    Eh, this is a bit dishonest because, for example """Emblems""" was in actuality:
    -Emblem of Heroism
    -Emblem of Conquest
    -Emblem of Triumph
    -Emblem of Valor
    -Emblem of Frost
    It's a bit silly to try and treat these as "a currency", when arguing about having unnecessary different currency.

You are also missing honor points, marks of honor from each individual BG (and WG) and Arena points(?), and in addition to Champion's Seals, there's also the second currency for Argent tourney stuff, Champion's writ.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-05-07 at 10:13 AM.