Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    no one is bitchign about how they work. they are bitching from all the currencies there are. it is easy to understand how to upgrade gear. it is hard to understand why blizzard implemented 15 currencies this patch.
    It is pretty easy to see Blizzard wants to keep upgrade tokens to drop from the relevant content difficulty.
    This cannot be done with 1 currency.

Valor farming was degen gameplay, some 3k score people going into +2 to +5 keys doing them in 5 minutes.
    Now people will actually need to do the content that they want the upgrade for.

This will also have a positive effect on group making for M+ imo.
    Now, very high geared people won't join your +11 to +15 groups because they have literally nothing to gain from it (previously it was valor).
    So people cannot just decline others for centuries until they find a farming 4-stack to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd say just make the crafting "power" reagents purchasable from a crafting vendor for the right currencies, as opposed to making people lug around excess crests in their inventories. Crafting items and upgrade currencies shouldn't intermingle in the way they do in 10.1, basically put.
    Frankly, it would be more helpful if reagent upgrading like can be done for ores, herbs and leather could be done for more things. Those make up the vast bulk of the extra space needed. And maybe let us sell the crest fragments directly. Whelp crests are basically worthless to me.

I agree that the currency clutter is way too much, making the (extemely well-thought-out) system look even more complicated than it actually need to be.

Instead of having multiple currency items that we also need to combine into the same amount of items for them to be useful they should have just added four (or five) actual currencies that go into your currency tab, that are directly stating what they can be used for ("Used for upgrading gear up to level 430" instead of "for upgrading higher level whatever gear and lower level whocares gear"), and additionally (after a warning) it will automatically use a higher currency if you want to upgrade a lower level item without the hassle of turning it in at an vendor.

The only issue with the new system is that it takes bag space with the fragments.
    Other than that nobody should be complaining about it being complicated, its combined elemental overflow, valor, primal infusion, primal focus, empowered primal infusion, empowered primal focus, storm sigils and probably some other currency im forgetting.
    its streamlined and comprehensive

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    The only issue with the new system is that it takes bag space with the fragments.
    Other than that nobody should be complaining about it being complicated, its combined elemental overflow, valor, primal infusion, primal focus, empowered primal infusion, empowered primal focus, storm sigils and probably some other currency im forgetting.
    its streamlined and comprehensive
    The OP's criticism is that there are are too many words to describe the system. It is, in fact, fairly intuitive once you actually start using it. The many words were necessitated by the developers' desire to keep multiple upgrade tracks relevant. If the devs had simply implemented the system with a note reading, "figure it out for yourselves dipshits," the OP would probably instead be arguing that the devs hate their players because they didn't go into enough detail. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Though, personally, I prefer a world where the devs at least attempt to break things down for us ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Did you play SL? They made 50 new currencies for ur bag, it was dogshit though..
    Dont get me started... currencies that have only one purpose and are soulbound should be in currency tab.

The whole anima crap could have been solved by having one unique account pool and anima just added to it. Like honour for honour level. But noooo... inventory management is "fun" (somebody tell me it's an RPG element that enriches the game and we need to have it, despite only generating frustration and time loss mailing crap to alts back and forth).

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While the in-game incarnation of the new currency system is much more streamlined and easy to use than it appeared on paper, so to speak; I still don't quite understand the necessity of it. If you want a tiered currency system for acquiring/upgrading gear, why not just the easy-to-understand and tried-and-true Justice/Valor system instead of having Flightstones and a number of different tier Crests we keep as actual items?
    Because it solves their issue of "How do we add a rating-limited upgrade system to Raid". M+ is easy, because you have a certain rating, which derives from the M+ you're able to do, and thus you can add breakpoints where the character unlocks additional upgrade levels. With raid, how do you apply the same thing? I suppose you could give rating for completing each boss, and then adding a breakpoint for halfway through the raid which unlocks the extra crafting levels? That's not as good as the current system, where if your raid team is struggling on a boss, you can farm the bosses you've already beaten for crest materials to upgrade your gear and try to get past the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Because it solves their issue of "How do we add a rating-limited upgrade system to Raid". M+ is easy, because you have a certain rating, which derives from the M+ you're able to do, and thus you can add breakpoints where the character unlocks additional upgrade levels. With raid, how do you apply the same thing? I suppose you could give rating for completing each boss, and then adding a breakpoint for halfway through the raid which unlocks the extra crafting levels? That's not as good as the current system, where if your raid team is struggling on a boss, you can farm the bosses you've already beaten for crest materials to upgrade your gear and try to get past the boss.
    Don't forget world content and crafting on top of that.

The system is actually extremely easy to follow

Flightstones are the basuc currency and the other stones are used to upgrade it to a higher tier of gear. Honestly it one of the most simple systems you can have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yeah, DF is the "Bag-space hell"-expansion, three quality levels of almost everything profession-related, stacks of rep-items, currencies and other stuff, this on top of the vendor trash that everything drops...

At least we can toss out all the Onyx Annulet upgrade stuff, since i doubt anybody will go anywhere near forbidden reach now.
    The ring is actually bis for some; not all but some specs and will most likely be there bis for the entire xpac. Mainly those who do not scale well with secondaries. This is fine because it means they have a ring that will scale % wise with them and their ilvl as well as other players will get there bis rings in the new patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Nope. Big nope.
    You mixed genres here.

RPG =/= simulation.

Complex systems should be added to simulations (farm, flight, driving, diving... you name it....). And not into rpg/adventoure (like assassins creed for example) games.
    Yes they should. You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It sounds like you could do all that with currencies that aren't split between the currency tab and inventory items, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yeah, DF is the "Bag-space hell"-expansion, three quality levels of almost everything profession-related, stacks of rep-items, currencies and other stuff, this on top of the vendor trash that everything drops...

At least we can toss out all the Onyx Annulet upgrade stuff, since i doubt anybody will go anywhere near forbidden reach now.
    ive never been so low on inventory space in any expansion before
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The ring is actually bis for some; not all but some specs and will most likely be there bis for the entire xpac. Mainly those who do not scale well with secondaries. This is fine because it means they have a ring that will scale % wise with them and their ilvl as well as other players will get there bis rings in the new patch.
    I didn’t mean toss away the ring, but we can get rid of the upgrade stuff (Anybody who’s even remotely trying has the stones upgraded by now), those stone fragments, the various items from the vaults and stuff, i generally enjoy Dragonflight, but i’d like at least one new thing added that doesn’t involve a pile of different items hogging precious bagspace.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWenjoyer View Post
    Okay, what % of the playerbase did this affect though? Anyone with a basic understanding of mathematics would understand that farming LFR for a chance of titanforging would be insanity.

Blizzard having to remove titanforge just to stop the most degen of the top 1 % from farming LFR / normal sounds insane to me.
    As per usual, probably the vocal minority. If you were casual joe, just doing LFR and maybe dip into some N/HC raiding from time to time, it really didnt matter. Thing is, casual joe dont care about going on the forums either. He just plays the game, gets hyped when cool loot drops and carry on.

I never really cared either way with TF. I can see both sides and personally I wouldnt be bothered if it still were in the game.

But I remember the days when TF was active in the game. Many did complain about it and as such, Blizzard removed it. In essence it "forced" players to grind all raid difficulties for a chance of TF. One could argue "blame the playerbase then", but I think thats a bit too simple.

Flightstones are the basuc currency and the other stones are used to upgrade it to a higher tier of gear. Honestly it one of the most simple systems you can have.
    Understanding the essential principle of the system is not the issue here. The diversity in crests is the problem, considering that you also have fragments, both things multiplied by 4, taking inventory space and with names that follow a logic that is not obvious at first sight and exists at the same time as 5 new gearing paths that don't actually have names that match or hint towards the crests required to upgrade them. Is an overcomplicated mess that could've been handled in a much simpler and clearer way.

There is certain ilvl progression contained within the raid. You already have 4 breakpoints determined by ilv between the first and last boss in Aberrus. We could argue that maybe those breakpoints don't actually reflect the difficulty curve in wich the raid will be completed, but it seems to me that they could easily use them as a sort of rating to determine how far a raid item from certain path can be upgraded.

With that said, i don't mind having multiple currencies, my issues is how they did it this time around. In a few weeks most players will be used to it and will probably just interact (in a way that they care about) with the currencies that belong to their level. But the idea of this kind of mess going forward makes me hate the game a little more... i can already see a season 3 with basically the same structure but a plethora of new names themed behind whatever the patch is about... or maybe we are lucky and they make the right call, simplify the idea and make it universal instead of seasonally themed.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

You tell that to some of my friends who keep asking me what's up with all the stones they keep getting. This system was made supposedly so everyone has an upgrade path, not just raiders and M+ runners. Yet we forget most ppl who don't do that don't spend time reading posts and forums and watch vids. Moreso, they skip quest texts like they could do every single expansion.
    Just as comparison, same friends put the ring from Forbidden Reach in their bank because they had no clue it upgrades to 424 and it looked low ilvl and bad to them.
    You may comment my friends are stupid and trust me, I get frustrated too that they don't seem to spend the bare minimum to do some research for things, but you know what? Maybe these systems aren't that "extremely easy to follow". Maybe they're too much for your average player even if they seem super easy to us. If I need to explain things to my friends, then something's not ok.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-05-08 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crazy amounts of different mats which are type levels 1,2,3,4,5....that is nuts....be alt that is a dual gather and it gets more crazy for bag room.....just too much damn junk to carry around all the time....this issue with all these crazy items started with BfA and Mechagon isle then Naz too ....if they hadn't given us a reagent bag slot we'd all be screwed....and I agree with the new currencies...its completely nuts....anything that is used to buy gear or upgrade gear like items you could use to upgrade gear from Forbidden Island area should of been put on the currency tabs along with this new stuff from the Craven too....

It's kind of always annoyed me how WoW sometimes seems strangely reluctant to commit to its own systems. We HAVE a currency tab - so why not make use of that when you're introducing a new currency-based system? No, make them actual items in bags instead, because... reasons. Same with daily quests - we HAVE a world quest system, so why aren't those dailies just WQs? No, gotta make you run back forth between quest givers for some reason.

That just feels so off.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    You tell that to some of my friends who keep asking me what's up with all the stones they keep getting. This system was made supposedly so everyone has an upgrade path, not just raiders and M+ runners. Yet we forget most ppl who don't do that don't spend time reading posts and forums and watch vids. Moreso, they skip quest texts like they could do every single expansion.
    Just as comparison, same friends put the ring from Forbidden Reach in their bank because they had no clue it upgrades to 424 and it looked low ilvl and bad to them.
    You may comment my friends are stupid and trust me, I get frustrated too that they don't seem to spend the bare minimum to do some research for things, but you know what? Maybe these systems aren't that "extremely easy to follow". Maybe they're too much for your average player even if they seem super easy to us. If I need to explain things to my friends, then something's not ok.
    Important post. Even more so - dungeons, raids & pvp is much easier to understand. Start dungeon, clear it and when doing m+; ideally on time. Raid? Enter raid, kill bosses. pvp? Kill the enemy & capture points.

But world content currency? Bleh dont even get me started. If I wasnt a veteran of the game + read up and watch YT videos from time to time about wow, I would probably too dont care about the ring in forbidden reach.

Its cluttered and theres ALOT to learn and figure out, even for veteran players. Gotta be frustrating for new players and those that more or less "just" play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's kind of always annoyed me how WoW sometimes seems strangely reluctant to commit to its own systems. We HAVE a currency tab - so why not make use of that when you're introducing a new currency-based system? No, make them actual items in bags instead, because... reasons. Same with daily quests - we HAVE a world quest system, so why aren't those dailies just WQs? No, gotta make you run back forth between quest givers for some reason.

That just feels so off.
    I seriously hate the currency system. Got so much shite in my bags. They have a currency tab, make us of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the primal chaoses went grey now im started thinkig they have no idea how to develop patches to continue things they started patch before. Same bad decisions were made in SL... ahh do you guys remember shards of domination ? Annulets looks like copy paste of it but with some twist.

the alternative would have been to hard-match the item track (explorer, adventurer, e.tc.) to one upgrade material each and not have them change after 4/8.

that way you would have a clear line. all veteran gear needs veteran crests and all champion gear needs champion crests.
    that would mean that a high veteran gear piece would have the same ilvl as a low champion piece, but use different upgrade materials.

this could be confusing to some, (one 420 items needs other mats than another 420 piece) but i would have preferred it.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.