Poll: aspects remaining

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Theory: dragonflight ends with alexstrazas death

so a theme ive noticed this expansion is that the aspects are almost all new now.

malygos -> kalec
    neltharion -> ebyssian
    ysera -> i actually dont remember this ones name

that leaves only alex and nozzy and murozond stuff is coming up soon so maybe chromie will be the new bronze aspect?

maybe the expansion ends with alex sacrificing herself in someway or shes defeated by the primalist in a "oh shit things really are serious now" moment.

im noticing a big theme of new younger characters trying to step into their generational roles and process the actions of their predecessors and how to both honor their purpose while trying to avoid the same pitfalls and character downfalls.

could we see an azeroth at the end of dragonflight where all of the old dragons have fallen and its now the new drakes on the block to forge a new path? or is alexstrazsa going to be like the mom of the group to all the newbies with kalec being the oldest sibling?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Was wondering the same thing. Very sad to see so many of the original aspects fall. It’s like the new avengers. They will never be as interesting and glorious as the original avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Was wondering the same thing. Very sad to see so many of the original aspects fall. It’s like the new avengers. They will never be as interesting and glorious as the original avengers.
    Neltharion hasn't been an aspect since before Warcraft 1
    Malygos hasn't been an aspect since WOTLK

It's not like all of this is happening over the course of one expansion

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If she does, she needs a big finale at the end of the xpac, unlike Ysera who just, like, dies in a zone while leveling.
    Always felt that was a bit weird, but I guess it was also a good way to show Xavius was srs bsns.

Along this line of thinking, I'm definitely all for a "changing of the guard" so to speak with more characters.
    The main thing is that their exit from the story serves the greater narrative, as a catalyst or conduit to the evolution of the story and/or characters, and not just a "shock and awe" type of twisty thing for the sake of a twist.

1+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu dies so Chromie becomes aspect. 110%.

Nothing happens to Alexstrasza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Nozdormu dies so Chromie becomes aspect. 110%.

Nothing happens to Alexstrasza.
    Nozdormu can't die since he has to become Murozond.

Killing off Alexstraza would be a bad business decision. She is the only recognizable Red Dragon. Krasus was prominent but only a handful of nerds who read the novels know who he is, also he's been dead since Wrath. What, Blizzard is going to kill off one of their most iconic WoW characters and replace her with a nobody? Like what they just did with Ysera? Talk about further diminishing player's already evaporating investment in the story. We already deep into this issue with the Horde, where most of the faction leaders people cared about - Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne, Sylvanas - are gone and have been replaced by literal whos. Who is the Horde faction leader left people might recgonize? Maybe Baine or Lor'themar? Maybe Gallywix? Certainly not that night elf lady or or AU orc and whoever else.

I would rather Nozdormu not be killed off, because you just know NuBlizz would replace them with Chromie. Chromie was supposed to be a fun, minor gag character. Trying to make her into a serious, deep character does not work.

Does it really matter? Ysera is not really dead, Maly and Nelth were forgotten and replaced a long time ago. Nozdormu will probably survive (Chromie is just a gameplay tool, not something to advance the plot) and Alex has no real successor in the making. To be fair, Ysera did not as well, but again, she is not really dead.

In any case, I think the dragon aspects are really replacable by now. Their arc is really weird to me: In Cata they lost their powers, announced the age of mortals and then carried on as if nothing happened, with basically the same powers. And now in DF we even discover that they can reproduce once more for whatever reason.
    Apart from one Cutscene in WotLK I have no memory of Alexstraza ever doing something meaningful. Other than getting new Armor in DF of course. Really, why is she the postergirl for this expansion?

They won't kill off Alex because there is no replacement anyone would actually know. The only thing they could do (and I doubt the will) is get rid of the concept of aspects entirely but as I said can't see them doing that.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Nozdormu can't die since he has to become Murozond.
    Yeah, he becomes Murozond and then some randos kill him in LFR.

Yeah, he becomes Murozond and then some randos kill him in LFR.
    No he dies in End Time.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    They won't kill off Alex because there is no replacement anyone would actually know. The only thing they could do (and I doubt the will) is get rid of the concept of aspects entirely but as I said can't see them doing that.
    Maybe Blizzard gets the golden opportunity to make that trans dragon the aspect, pump up that ESG score.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    No he dies in End Time.
    Or he escapes the LFR with 10% HP so he can be in a dungeon.

I still don't understand the current concept of the Aspects. They aren't even Aspects anymore; they gave up their superpowers and they're just leaders of their dragonflights. It's not like Ebyssian suddenly has new powers because he claimed the title. Thrall was technically the Earthwarder at one point and he's not even a dragon. And the quests made Ysera seem like she was sharing responsibility with Merithra. The Aspect component in general doesn't really seem to matter.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    I still don't understand the current concept of the Aspects. They aren't even Aspects anymore; they gave up their superpowers and they're just leaders of their dragonflights. It's not like Ebyssian suddenly has new powers because he claimed the title. Thrall was technically the Earthwarder at one point and he's not even a dragon. And the quests made Ysera seem like she was sharing responsibility with Merithra. The Aspect component in general doesn't really seem to matter.
    Apparently reactivating some mcguffins in the Dragon Isles has given them back their aspect powers.

Apparently reactivating some mcguffins in the Dragon Isles has given them back their aspect powers.
    They actually haven't got their powers back. One of the last things Raszageth did before freeing the other Incarnates was stop the Mother Oathstone from working. Part of the reason you try to rebuild Tyr.

Sorry, but attractive female main characters are not allowed to die in this game. Has never happened before. The best I can offer is temporary death but later brought back by some magic nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    In any case, I think the dragon aspects are really replacable by now. Their arc is really weird to me: In Cata they lost their powers, announced the age of mortals and then carried on as if nothing happened, with basically the same powers. And now in DF we even discover that they can reproduce once more for whatever reason.
    This is actually a problem with most of the WoW stories. Things happen and then ... guess who's back bitch ... merely a setback.
    Feels like they want to move things, but then realize they have no ideas how to do it and just throw on old characters to try to catch the eye with them.

OT: Nozdormu story is already laid out ... they would have to be complete idiots to not let him go on to become Murozond, but then we had the SL shitshow so they'll prolly do it and magically he'll be saved from his fate
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-24 at 08:15 PM.

Not really. The recent woke trend is to kill off male characters and replace them with females/diversity quota characters. You see this in other media a lot too nowadays, but thankfully it seems to be a downwards trend because the 95% is getting sick of it, rightfully so.

I'm confident Alexstrasza won't die.
    However, I can assure you that Khadgar will 100% bite the bucket at some point (foreshadowed in SL stay and listen) and Nozdormu is likely to turn into Murozond (bad guy) somewhere down the line. I don't think we'd kill him, since he would be a great catalyst for future expansion storylines.

Still betting on either Iridikron or Incarnate trio final boss for the expansion.

Or he escapes the LFR with 10% HP so he can be in a dungeon.
    This is really the only thing that would make complete sense ... be a boss in a raid and at low health flee to a chaotic timeline and ending up in End Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Killing off Alexstraza would be a bad business decision. She is the only recognizable Red Dragon. Krasus was prominent but only a handful of nerds who read the novels know who he is, also he's been dead since Wrath. What, Blizzard is going to kill off one of their most iconic WoW characters and replace her with a nobody? Like what they just did with Ysera? Talk about further diminishing player's already evaporating investment in the story. We already deep into this issue with the Horde, where most of the faction leaders people cared about - Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne, Sylvanas - are gone and have been replaced by literal whos. Who is the Horde faction leader left people might recgonize? Maybe Baine or Lor'themar? Maybe Gallywix? Certainly not that night elf lady or or AU orc and whoever else.

I would rather Nozdormu not be killed off, because you just know NuBlizz would replace them with Chromie. Chromie was supposed to be a fun, minor gag character. Trying to make her into a serious, deep character does not work.
    i mean, i kind of heavily disagree with the chromie stuff.

theyve already gone a good ways of giving her depth and having them question the true timeline mumbo jumbo.

you dont have to make a character serious to give them depth. chromie can still do all the chromie stuff they do now as the aspect. tbh if anything, chromie feels MORE like the bronze aspect than nozdormu does.

nozdormu is usually like "oh my, the sands of time are shifting, i must go lie down its giving me a headache" and then chromie proceeds to do all the work and nozdormu is like "oh my the sands have cleared thank you my noble steward for putting in all of the effort"

as for alexstraza i kind of agree, however i ALSO did not at all like the idea of ebyssian being the aspect at first because i was like really? that no name dragon they pulled out of their butt for legion? (to be honest i lowkey forgot his real name was ebyssian and was like WHO?)

but then this patch came out, last night i beat sarkareth and played through the whole campaign.

as someone who has had wrathion as one of their favorite wow characters since mists i LOVED IT. the 10.1 stuff truly made the three brothers feel like an actual family, gave all three of them more depth and character growth and just felt nice.

we still have 2 more major patches and a couple minor inbetween patches.

current wow devs COULD build up a new red dragon to replace alex in that time i believe, if they wanted to and put in as much effort into them as they have chromie, ebyssian and his brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This is really the only thing that would make complete sense ... be a boss in a raid and at low health flee to a chaotic timeline and ending up in End Time.
    i mean end time is pretty easily explained by any number of timeline shenanigans

"we prevented end time from ever happening so murozond never died"
    or
    "that was just one version of murozond and because time has shifted this is OUR murozond FOR REAL this time"
    or
    "yes he really did die, but hes a possible future entity with time powers and an army of time power followers so some mumbo jumbo happened and he never died"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552