10+ Year Old Account

Missing Opportunity?

Hey everyone, I think imo this patch was a great opportunity for Blizzard to use and flesh out the Gronns since they were the enemies of Dragons as we saw back in TBC Outland in Blade Edge Mountain area where we meet Sabellian the first time and many dead dragons corpses on the spikes of the mountains there.

Instead out of no where they just make an ass pull about Djardin being this ancient race and enemies of dragons. This is not the first time Blizzard did this because threy did it back in MoP with thr Mogu, but now? Why not use Ogres and Gronns to be the nemesis and the deadly enemies of the dragons instead....I know these races are natives to Draenor but still they can invent any excuse to make them appear in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well, I think that boils down to the fact that, as you said, the Gronn are native to Draenor and now Outland - and it wouldn't be really easy to say "some Gronn escaped to Azeroth" without any kind of previous evidence as the Gronn are basically giants who would have a seriously difficult time hiding on Azeroth. Plus, they'd have to invent some reason for them to have been on the Dragon Isles, which have been sealed up for 20,000+ years, in order to have a historic beef with the dragons. It just makes more sense to either use a native species that have been on Azeroth or as was the path taken for Dragonflight, use a previously unknown race unique to the Isles themselves in the form of the Djaradin.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, I think that boils down to the fact that, as you said, the Gronn are native to Draenor and now Outland - and it wouldn't be really easy to say "some Gronn escaped to Azeroth" without any kind of previous evidence as the Gronn are basically giants who would have a seriously difficult time hiding on Azeroth. Plus, they'd have to invent some reason for them to have been on the Dragon Isles, which have been sealed up for 20,000+ years, in order to have a historic beef with the dragons. It just makes more sense to either use a native species that have been on Azeroth or as was the path taken for Dragonflight, use a previously unknown race unique to the Isles themselves in the form of the Djaradin.
    Tbh I will still think it will be much better to use Gronns/Ogres in Dragon Isle and invent an excuse for them to have some kind of hidden Portals created previously by Ogres mages in attempt to teleport from Outland to Azeroth, like some kind of dark portal prototype or anything. Just anything other than pulling another "new insert ancient race that have been sealed" from their asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Tbh I will still think it will be much better to use Gronns/Ogres in Dragon Isle and invent an excuse for them to have some kind of hidden Portals created previously by Ogres mages in attempt to teleport from Outland to Azeroth, like some kind of dark portal prototype or anything. Just anything other than pulling another "new insert ancient race that have been sealed" from their asses.
    YMMV as to which scenario would end up being more of an asspull.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Hard disagree, the Djaradin aren't great but they're better than pulling a bunch of gronn out of thin air like they did with the Twilight's Highlands in Cata.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Hard disagree, the Djaradin aren't great but they're better than pulling a bunch of gronn out of thin air like they did with the Twilight's Highlands in Cata.
    Agreed. It feels nonsensical to imagine the abrupt conjuration of a set of convenient Gronn into the plot, especially given the Djaradin are one of the more tolerable additions of this expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Agreed. It feels nonsensical to imagine the abrupt conjuration of a set of convenient Gronn into the plot, especially given the Djaradin are one of the more tolerable additions of this expansion.
    Speaking of the Djaradin do we know anything about the 4th Elder? One in raid, 2 are world bosses but I was sure there was a 4th

Hey everyone, I think imo this patch was a great opportunity for Blizzard to use and flesh out the Gronns since they were the enemies of Dragons as we saw back in TBC Outland in Blade Edge Mountain area where we meet Sabellian the first time and many dead dragons corpses on the spikes of the mountains there.

Instead out of no where they just make an ass pull about Djardin being this ancient race and enemies of dragons. This is not the first time Blizzard did this because threy did it back in MoP with thr Mogu, but now? Why not use Ogres and Gronns to be the nemesis and the deadly enemies of the dragons instead....I know these races are natives to Draenor but still they can invent any excuse to make them appear in Azeroth.
    Little issue.

Gronns are only on outlands and those dragons were native to outlands too. They are NOT the same as on azeroth. Seb was helping them, but they were not black dragons so natives of azeroth have nothing to do with the gronn.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Little issue.

Gronns are only on outlands and those dragons were native to outlands too. They are NOT the same as on azeroth. Seb was helping them, but they were not black dragons so natives of azeroth have nothing to do with the gronn.
    Draenor/Outland has no native dragons. They were black dragons. Even netherdragons are azeroth dragons warped by outland.

That said, we long ago killed the gronn and his minions responsible for it. Its not like ogres have some deep history with dragons either. Dragons pretty much showed up on their lawn on day and got their butts kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Little issue.

Outland/Draenor has no native dragons to speak of. The members of the Black Dragonflight who wound up on Outland were originally from Azeroth - they were there because Deathwing temporarily set up a roost in Draenor during the Second War, after the Horde's defeat. He, several of his kin, and a bunch of eggs were cached in Draenor. Many of those eggs were affected by the cataclysm that turned Draenor into Outland and so became the Netherwing flight. Gronn, however, are native to Draenor and were long considered the enemies of the Black Dragonflight, as the Gronn didn't take too kindly to aggressors on their territory in the Blade's Edge Mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Speaking of the Djaradin do we know anything about the 4th Elder? One in raid, 2 are world bosses but I was sure there was a 4th
    Felt kinda lackluster, IMO, that we heard about these 4 mysterious, powerful ancient leaders of the Djaradin; and we've just wiped out 3 in the patch they were introduced in.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Felt kinda lackluster, IMO, that we heard about these 4 mysterious, powerful ancient leaders of the Djaradin; and we've just wiped out 3 in the patch they were introduced in.
    I mean you can say that about lots of things we’ve killed over the years…

I think she's the one outfitting shipping Shadowflame infused metal around, probably to slap it on Fyrakk but it's not entirely clear.
    Twas brillig

The djaradin feel like vrykul on steroids with an Iron Horde aesthetic. Slapped together, despite being kind of okay conceptually.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The djaradin feel like vrykul on steroids with an Iron Horde aesthetic. Slapped together, despite being kind of okay conceptually.
    I've always secretly felt like they might've been made by Neltharion, before he started the experiments that led to the dracthyr. He always seems to be focused on making his own loyal servant race, and given the Djaradin's focus on fire and earth, it seems like it would've been right up the Earthwarder's alley. Just another foolish experiment that also got out of hand and led to the deaths of his peers and children, basically.

The 4th gets awakened by fyrakk in the campaign. She's the one that "almost kills" ebyssian. She may be the one that ordered the assault to free Rashok and the one that is ordering to collect metal for fyrakk, but im not sure. You can read her name once in the campaign when you click on some stone, but i glossed over it and you can't read it again. So it may be a different npc.
    She's definetly out there. But judging from the other three elders she shouldn't be that much of a problem to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little issue.

I revisited Blade Edge mountain again to be sure and those corpses I am pretty sure they are of the black dragonflight same dark brownish color and features. Orcs and Ogres are also Draenor natives, so I dont see any issue if some kind of old portals prototype Chogall did in Dragon isle or something similar back then.