Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Solution to unobtainable mounts becoming obtainable again:

Make the original versions Legendary quality.

Problem solved. You get to prove you got it the OG way and everybody else gets the pleb Epic version.

Do the same for PVP Elite ensembles. Throw in a Savage Saddle style system to earn old armored drakes.

Boom.

Nope.

If you didn't get them when they were obtainable - you just don't deserve them. Simple as that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Problem solved. You get to prove you got it the OG way and everybody else gets the pleb Epic version.

Do the same for PVP Elite ensembles. Throw in a Savage Saddle style system to earn old armored drakes.

Boom.
    Honestly, just make sure people who got whatever item back when it was current an achievement. Beyond that, they've had bragging rights for X years already, they can be grownup enough to let others play with those toys too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Boom.
    Nah. Fine as it is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Man, this seems like a great solution to a stupid problem.

If the mount came from an achievement, you have the achievement date. If the mount came from a mob/drop that's no longer available, who cares that you got it back in the day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nope.

If you didn't get them when they were obtainable - you just don't deserve them. Simple as that.
    I agree with this when it comes to seasonal achievements. I think it's silly when it comes to mobs/instances/content that was removed/remade in such a way that the drops are no longer available. Like, if they revamped the old world again and got rid of Onyxia's lair. That mount would be gone, but it would be nice to have it available through other means. It's not like killing Onyxia was ever much of an achievement, so who cares about bragging rights from having it?

Nope.

Don't delude yourself into thinking any achievements in this video game are meaningful. Have fun, do what you want, but don't start talking about what people do or do not "deserve." Especially almost fifteen years after the original versions of some of these rewards were made unavailable.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bringing them back years later sounds like compromise. Geting it still has meaning (if something stays, why not wait few months and get without any challenge in next expac?) and you're not locked from some items forever (+ it's incentive for new players or ones that skipped that expac).

For example I think it's time to restore Mage Tower skins, current challenge is harder than old version with 7.3 (not to mention 7.3.5 power boost) gear anyway. But in the end "I want to get everything" FOMO can't really exist in WoW, simply it's borderline impossible to get everything, you would have to completely no-life this game last 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    How... how would you even be able to tell the difference?

seriously my brain hurts now after reading OP's post. I actually wasn't aware it was a problem
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    How... how would you even be able to tell the difference?

seriously my brain hurts now after reading OP's post. I actually wasn't aware it was a problem
    I'm not sure if there's a named rule about htis, but there should be. If it CAN be used as epeen status symbol, it WILL be used as epeen status symbol. I don't understand how people care SO MUCH, that the mount they got 20 years ago is something NO ONE ELSE can get when the only reason they got it was that they started playing earlier than me/you/whoever. Like, I got green fire when it was current, idgaf if someone goes and gets it now, as one example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I'm not sure if there's a named rule about htis, but there should be. If it CAN be used as epeen status symbol, it WILL be used as epeen status symbol. I don't understand how people care SO MUCH, that the mount they got 20 years ago is something NO ONE ELSE can get when the only reason they got it was that they started playing earlier than me/you/whoever. Like, I got green fire when it was current, idgaf if someone goes and gets it now, as one example.
    Oh right, Baby Dick Syndrome, where you gotta overcompensate for your shortcomings.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Oh right, Baby Dick Syndrome, where you gotta overcompensate for your shortcomings.
    I snorted, thank you for that!

I can't say I agree.. I'm fine with things that mirror the difficulty closer like mage tower giving their own rewards or even CM gear.

PvP is a whole other animal as you can't replicate seasons balance wise.

I see no point in adding a cosmetic effect to an item that is already cosmetic by nature, or even the necessity to make unobtainable cosmetic items obtainable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I see no point in adding a cosmetic effect to an item that is already cosmetic by nature, or even the necessity to make unobtainable cosmetic items obtainable again.
    Making them obtainable is a nice to have. I'd REALLY like another chance at the MoP CM gear, as one example. The Paladin transmog was freaking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Don't delude yourself into thinking any achievements in this video game are meaningful. Have fun, do what you want, but don't start talking about what people do or do not "deserve." Especially almost fifteen years after the original versions of some of these rewards were made unavailable.
    Yeah, lets give everyone mythic loot and gladiator mounts because someone says that having fun is more important.

Because, after all... we are all winners in the end!

It is very important to me that people online know how big of a deal I am.

Yeah, lets give everyone mythic loot and gladiator mounts because someone says that having fun is more important.

Because, after all... we are all winners in the end!

yeah, bcs cosmetic item and current mythic gear is exactly the same...
    i think Taen nailed it, you "achieved" something (most likely something easy, just no longer doable) and your ego wouldnt take it if its available again

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Making them obtainable is a nice to have. I'd REALLY like another chance at the MoP CM gear, as one example. The Paladin transmog was freaking amazing.
    You can get a recolor from your class hall. I could see cm armors coming back if blizzard ever relaxes their rules. Capping gear to CM level should be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or better yet. Don't care what other people have? Is your ego so fragile that seeing something else with the same thing shatters it?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It is very important to me that people online know how big of a deal I am.
    thing is nobody really cares

if i see someone on lets say zulian tiger i dont think "man thats a good player!" but "huh, he was very lucky back then"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Or better yet. Don't care what other people have? Is your ego so fragile that seeing something else with the same thing shatters it?
    this seems to be the case, we seen it nicely with current TCG items being given away, some people protesting as if it was actual achievment having those item