View Poll Results: Would you pay for it?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Take my money!

26 17.22%
  • No! No way!

125 82.78%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New/existing race - in game shop

Simple question. Would you pay for new or existing race to unlock it on your account ?
    One you are actually interested in. No matter the cost right now. Just an option.

Just skin/reskin. No new racials etc. Only visuals. (still obtainable via long achiev/rep combo)

• YES
    • NO
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-06-07 at 01:33 PM.

Depends on the race. (i guess that counts as a yes ?)

lets hope theyll never do that, cosmetics is fine, but actual features on shop is a big no-no for me...

Yes, but I think it only works in a very limited scenario.

My example is Grummles. I've always been vocal for my want of them. Their starting zone could be them being a hired packmaster for a Horde/Alliance traveller in Pandaria. The hero they are hired by would be the class and gender you've chosen. Whilst travelling through Kun Lai, the hero is either crushed in an avalanche/killed by yeti, and you take up their arms/quest in their place.

Give them joke racials like: Lucky-do. Feeling lucky. It means nothing and would be funny. I mean I doubt it'd take long to make and implement overall, and if you stuck that on the store for even £5 I'm sure not many people would have complaints.

For anything more serious and by that I mean races more established in the factions or races relating to current content, the store would not be suitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill but that race should be obtainable buy regular playing. Like actual are with achievments. But i do still prefer to buy it because i just pay for time actually. Im not interested in content i have to go throu to achive it. I just want the reward not the journey in this situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is the game f2p?
    No?
    Then no
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Is the game f2p?
    No?
    Then no
    what if they added bearded trolls?

Pay-to-play customization...sounds like testing the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    lets hope theyll never do that, cosmetics is fine, but actual features on shop is a big no-no for me...
    Why?

Blood Elves and Draenei were the original Paid Races.

It seems very unlikely. It would be a cash grab so far, that I can see it being too much for some developers themselves.

It would also make a ton of money. I'd buy it. Many people would.

But it would also cast a very big, and very dark shadow over the game. Which is already struggling to get out from under several. It would be the final straw for enough people that it would be an extremely bad move to make, for WoW's long-term success. There would just be so many subscriptions lost in protest.

Edit: Besides, a new race is something Blizzard likes to use as promotional for new expansions. Expansions are sold on their features, and a new race is always a good draw. So selling it independently, rather than using it to sell a new expansion, or at the very least patch, is just sacrificing good publicity for bad publicity.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2023-06-07 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Why? Blood Elves and Draenei were the original Paid Races.
    Your reference doesn't make sense as it was an expansion that we all paid for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what if they added bearded trolls?
    To the shop? More reasons to keep me unsubscribed
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

When they release wow hardcore classic i want them to add a token in the shop that let's you revive the character.
    Only 99.99$.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, hell no.

Yes, mister not blizzard exec
    I would very much like to

Delete this thread ASAP before Blizzard catches on

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Besides you already pay for new races when you buy a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Even if it were for a race I am dying to play and/or something that's objectively better than the others, no. The mere fact that it's only on the store taints the very appearance of it.

We've already seen this with store mounts. There have been quite a few that look just gorgeous when they first come out. Shiny, sleek, usually better than anything in game. Yet every time I see one, my thoughts don't go to the beauty of the mount, my thoughts go to realizing it was bought rather than earned.

No reason to bury a playable race behind that veil.

I'd rather not go down this road. New classes and races are always a part of an expansion and should not be part of the shop. Although, if they stuck ogres up there...

We are already paying for a sub and for the expansion.
    So, no.