Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW needs to allow us to join more than one guild

Title,

My mythic raiding guild does keys sometimes but most of the time literally nobody is online except me. Why am I not allowed to find a second guild that's more active on the social side of things? People often see this and talk about how communities are the answer but here in Australia there are no communities... I've requested to join a couple before that mention Australia or Oceanic but these never get checked and thus are dead in the water.

I could join non Australian communities but that seems counter intuitive as I want to interact with people who are my peers... plus anything we do together in that case would be a latency nightmare.

i mean i get it but your want comes with complications. The easy answer is alts in other guilds, discords, communities and your friendslist.

Even before communities existed my server had a pug chat channel using in game tools that had all the top guilds in it. They usually cleared at what would be the CE level today.

There isn't anything stopping this from being made beyond players not wanting to organize it. I don't think people grasp how many spinning plates and effective pug community requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i mean i get it but your want comes with complications. The easy answer is alts in other guilds, discords, communities and your friendslist.
    This is a copout.

What complications? ESO lets you be in 5 guilds with no restrictions and it really doesn't hurt anyone.

Those easy answers aren't answers. AS I MENTIONED communities don't exist for my location.. and the ones that do are usually populated by non-aussie and I can't group with them anyway.

Friend list, is for friends, not randoms.

also discords? no I want in game interaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifarms View Post
    Even before communities existed my server had a pug chat channel using in game tools that had all the top guilds in it. They usually cleared at what would be the CE level today.

There isn't anything stopping this from being made beyond players not wanting to organize it. I don't think people grasp how many spinning plates and effective pug community requires.
    it's really not that simple to organise. Unless you have a group to start off (which most don't) nobody wants to join something that only has 1 member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    This is a copout.

What complications? ESO lets you be in 5 guilds with no restrictions and it really doesn't hurt anyone.

Those easy answers aren't answers. AS I MENTIONED communities don't exist for my location.. and the ones that do are usually populated by non-aussie and I can't group with them anyway.

Friend list, is for friends, not randoms.

also discords? no I want in game interaction.

- - - Updated - - -

it's really not that simple to organise. Unless you have a group to start off (which most don't) nobody wants to join something that only has 1 member
    you make a community and inv people to it that you do M+ with from whatever guild they are in. Also talking about copouts "also discords? no I want in game interaction." wtf does that mean lol. You are only willing to talk in one form of chat channel? This is an agree with me or you're wrong sort of thread and I see that now.

Discords provide you access to people who are not even online but may be available making it an insanely better resource then anything confined to in game. FL is for friends only? dude wut? what reason is there to not add people's btags and stick a note on there to remind you of who they were. You want to find a 2nd guild of just randoms? Thats what you are implying here since apparently these M+'ers you want to run with can't be your friends or that would OK them to be on your FL.

If you want randoms there is a group finder

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS!

As someone that came from Guild Wars 2, is very hard to come back from that.
    The utility is insanely good.

You can have a PvP guild, a PvE guild, a friend Guild, a "your country" Guild and a Roleplay Guild.

And most important of all...you dont feel as much pressure to TRY new guilds just to see how it works and IF the pastures are greener on the other side!
    Guild Wars 2 is the perfect system.

Since Discord is a thing... guilds are almost pointless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    A sophisticated ventrillo does not make guilds obsolete lmao, they compliment and supplement them.

Why do you assume it is different in other guilds?

Community are there for exactly that reason, and if they are dead although the social aspect is literally the whole idea of the communities, why do you assume it's different in other guilds?
    Realistically, communities around wow do not form ingame, they form in the voice chat surrounding the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You cant pay attention to multiple disc servers while playing a game.
    Gw2 multiple guilds concept is just what you already know from wow as having multiple chat channels - every guild is simply another channel.
    Its way easier to look at the chat window ingame and notice new messages anyone doing group stuff than relying on third party apps as crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    you make a community and inv people to it that you do M+ with from whatever guild they are in. Also talking about copouts "also discords? no I want in game interaction." wtf does that mean lol. You are only willing to talk in one form of chat channel? This is an agree with me or you're wrong sort of thread and I see that now.

Discords provide you access to people who are not even online but may be available making it an insanely better resource then anything confined to in game. FL is for friends only? dude wut? what reason is there to not add people's btags and stick a note on there to remind you of who they were. You want to find a 2nd guild of just randoms? Thats what you are implying here since apparently these M+'ers you want to run with can't be your friends or that would OK them to be on your FL.

If you want randoms there is a group finder
    I hate to be that person, but this is essentially gamer boy logic.

I like my mythic raiding guild, I would also like to join say an LGBT+ social guild that maybe does some M+.. I might want to join a guild that takes part in role play even though it's not a role play server. "Just start a community and invite people you play with" doesn't work in any situation where you're looking for something very specific.. Trust me I've tried.. I also tend to avoid playing with people outside of my guild unless a guildy knows them. I don't know about you, but there isn't a lot of chit chat in M+ high keys and if there is it's usually discord which as a pug you wont be invited to.

idk what server you play on where people all have a chat in dungeons and invite each other to discord. The most I get out of the groups I'm in is.. 'Sup' and 'gg'..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Why do you assume it is different in other guilds?

Community are there for exactly that reason, and if they are dead although the social aspect is literally the whole idea of the communities, why do you assume it's different in other guilds?
    Realistically, communities around wow do not form ingame, they form in the voice chat surrounding the game.
    because my guild is full of raid loggers, with some sprinkled in mythic+ runners. When people are on I have a good time. The problem is when people are NOT online.. I only play with players that I trust are decent at the game but I would still like to be able to socialize with my peers in down time and play with those people if I want to.

7+ Year Old Account
    What differs between a guild and a community? Serious question. When I was still playing, ~4-5 years ago now, I found myself in several communities: pvp, a couple mythic+, two for mythic raiding, several that were essentially social. I was definitely at my most active due to communities.

I am not meaning to come across as argumentative, but, is there a difference between the two, guilds and communities?

because my guild is full of raid loggers, with some sprinkled in mythic+ runners. When people are on I have a good time. The problem is when people are NOT online.. I only play with players that I trust are decent at the game but I would still like to be able to socialize with my peers in down time and play with those people if I want to.
    But that's my point. Communties are there if you want to socialize. But there are practically no active communities anywhere (except some technical m+/lfr/lfg ones).
    So when there are no communities, why do you think there are guilds where players are in to socialize? The whole game is revolving around end game content, people only raidlog or do m+ or PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    But that's my point. Communties are there if you want to socialize. But there are practically no active communities anywhere (except some technical m+/lfr/lfg ones).
    So when there are no communities, why do you think there are guilds where players are in to socialize? The whole game is revolving around end game content, people only raidlog or do m+ or PVP.
    Yeah I joined I dunno even how many "social" communities during BfA/SL and there was nothing social about them. Even the ones with hundreds of players there were entire weeks where nobody had even spoken a word. But honestly socializing in the game at all seems dead on almost all fronts. Ask a question in a zone in general chat or even the cities and you will almost never get any sort of response now. It's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What differs between a guild and a community? Serious question. When I was still playing, ~4-5 years ago now, I found myself in several communities: pvp, a couple mythic+, two for mythic raiding, several that were essentially social. I was definitely at my most active due to communities.

I am not meaning to come across as argumentative, but, is there a difference between the two, guilds and communities?
    There is IMO

A guild is a guild and is WAyyyyyy more official than a community.
    IF communities and guilds were "equal" in "perception"...why would even Guilds exist? They wouldnt.

Is true "technically" they are the same thing...but i think perception-wise is way different and less official.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    There is IMO

A guild is a guild and is WAyyyyyy more official than a community.
    IF communities and guilds were "equal" in "perception"...why would even Guilds exist? They wouldnt.

Is true "technically" they are the same thing...but i think perception-wise is way different and less official.
    You talk about "feels" more that "reals".

There is one aspect that differs between guilds and communities : a guild bank.

Feels are real.

Player sentiment is the reason why "meta", "min max", "parsing", "elitism" and everything gaming related exist.

Lets not pretend communities are perceived the same as a guild...because they arent.
    Otherwise Guilds WOULDNT have a reason to exist apart from perks and GBank.

IMO

The difference is the OP can't be bothered making a community and is looking for a solution to a problem that's already got multiple solutions - Find a guild that isn't dead (outside of raiding), make your own community or join a discord server are the 3 most obvious ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    The difference is the OP can't be bothered making a community and is looking for a solution to a problem that's already got multiple solutions - Find a guild that isn't dead (outside of raiding), make your own community or join a discord server are the 3 most obvious ones.
    Yeah, I agree.

This is probably why we can't just be in multiple guilds but can be in multiple communities

Blizz would have to come up with a system in order for people to access multiple guild banks meanwhile GMs would probably have to be careful with HOW folks in multiple guilds MANAGE these multiple guild banks. Not even talking of the whole "Who's guild is under your name debacle" not sure I want to see folks with like 8 different guild tags under their name or having to switch different guild tags willy nilly.

Like other than guild banks Communities are the answer
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.