Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

[Spoilers] TWW and K'aresh

It appears that K'aresh, former homeworld of the Ethereals, may well have housed a Titan worldsoul before its destruction at the hands of Dimensius:

Assuming the "Radiant Song" mentioned in this NPC dialog snippet is the same song attributed to both Azeroth and Argus at different times, as well as some form of method of the slumbering worldsoul to commune with the lifeforms inhabiting said worlds.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If they are loredropping this, I really doubt that their world soul and planet are fully destroyed. I think we are looking at an Argus situation (and a zone in Midnight)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    If they are loredropping this, I really doubt that their world soul and planet are fully destroyed. I think we are looking at an Argus situation (and a zone in Midnight)
    Quite possible, and it may be that portions of K'aresh still exist in some form, not too dissimilar from Outland following Draenor's destruction. Although if that is the case, it seems highly probable that whatever Titan worldsoul was slumbering inside K'aresh, should it still live, would likely be deeply corrupted by the Void.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Makes me wonder with the rogue Tier set having a very Etheral vibe are they leading us up to something regarding Karesh perhaps laying the ground work for midnight?

Wait, wouldn't this potentially mean the Void already has a world-soul in their possession?
    ...Meaning we might see a Void-Titan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Wait, wouldn't this potentially mean the Void already has a world-soul in their possession?
    ...Meaning we might see a Void-Titan?
    Seems possible, assuming K'aresh wasn't completely destroyed by Dimensius and the war between his Void forces and the Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Makes me wonder with the rogue Tier set having a very Etheral vibe are they leading us up to something regarding Karesh perhaps laying the ground work for midnight?
    One of the bosses in the intro raid is a Nexus-Princess so presumably its based on that, at the least.

But the Ethereals are involved, so that'll lead somewhere I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeesh... seems a bit of a messy retcon to start implying that K'aresh had a world soul. Not to mention how it would be weakening the overall concept with how the writers keep introducing planets of interest in the WoW lore conicidentally having had one all this time. With Azeroth it was a new and unique concept, then adding Argus introduced some additional if questionable depth to the Legion's story but now K'aresh? Just say every planet has one at that point and we will soon get 'Titan grade' world souls...
    Should just stick to anything singing or being 'radiant' being some warning message from the Naaru.

Plus wasn't there a whole game over scenario they were fluffing that the 'void shouldn't be allowed to claim a titan or world soul' and they really want to step on those eggshells by going 'acktsully K'aresh has always been that'?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It appears that K'aresh, former homeworld of the Ethereals, may well have housed a Titan worldsoul before its destruction at the hands of Dimensius:

Assuming the "Radiant Song" mentioned in this NPC dialog snippet is the same song attributed to both Azeroth and Argus at different times, as well as some form of method of the slumbering worldsoul to commune with the lifeforms inhabiting said worlds.
    i dont understand, why would a void entity destroy a world soul? isnt the purpose of all void entities in the end is to corrupt one and not destroy it?.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i dont understand, why would a void entity destroy a world soul? isnt the purpose of all void entities in the end is to corrupt one and not destroy it?.
    "Destroyed" doesn't have to mean obliterated and wiped from existence. It could mean rendered unlivable and broken.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we have next to no lore about Ka'resh besides "place where Ethereals are from" and "Dimensius pulled a Draenor on it".

They can very easily implement a plot point where the World Soul got destroyed, maybe the Ethereals themselves did it to stop Dimensius.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Yeesh... seems a bit of a messy retcon to start implying that K'aresh had a world soul. Not to mention how it would be weakening the overall concept with how the writers keep introducing planets of interest in the WoW lore conicidentally having had one all this time. With Azeroth it was a new and unique concept, then adding Argus introduced some additional if questionable depth to the Legion's story but now K'aresh? Just say every planet has one at that point and we will soon get 'Titan grade' world souls...
    Should just stick to anything singing or being 'radiant' being some warning message from the Naaru.

Plus wasn't there a whole game over scenario they were fluffing that the 'void shouldn't be allowed to claim a titan or world soul' and they really want to step on those eggshells by going 'acktsully K'aresh has always been that'?
    Wouldn't really consider it a retcon, per se; given we knew almost nothing about K'aresh save it had been destroyed some unknown time prior. K'aresh possibly having a worldsoul also doesn't constitute a majority of known current and former worlds having worldsouls, either. Of the known worlds thus far, we only have a handful known to have harbored a worldsoul:

• Azeroth - has a worldsoul
    • Argus - had a worldsoul
    • K'aresh - possibly had a worldsoul
    • Telogrus - possibly had a worldsoul
    • Draenor - no worldsoul
    • Dreadscar Rift's world - no known worldsoul
    • Absolarn - no known worldsoul
    • Aldrachi homeworld - no known worldsoul
    • Elunaria - no known worldsoul (former refuge of Eonar)
    • Mardum - no known worldsoul
    • Niskara - no known worldsoul
    • Shadowgore Citadel's world - no known worldsoul
    • Shadowed Grove's world - no known worldsoul
    • Xandros - no known worldsoul
    • Aurinor - no known worldsoul
    • Bonich - no known worldsoul
    • Cen'gar - no known worldsoul
    • Naigtal - no known worldsoul
    • Sangua - no known worldsoul
    • Val - no known worldsoul
    • Centralis - no known worldsoul
    • Fanlin'Deskor - no known worldsoul
    • Fyzandi - no known worldsoul
    • Karkora - no known worldsoul
    • Kareth - no known worldsoul
    • Kerxan - no known worldsoul
    • Nathreza - no known worldsoul
    • Navane - no known worldsoul
    • Nihilam - no known worldsoul
    • Rancora - no known worldsoul
    • Ruvaraad - no known worldsoul
    • Shar'gel - no known worldsoul
    • Tarratus - no known worldsoul
    • Xerrath - no known worldsoul
    • Xoroth - no known worldsoul

That about ~11% of known worlds having Titan worldsouls, or ~26% if you count the original worlds that would've housed the 10 known Titans to have been born or encountered in lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We don't really know at this point. It's possible Dimensius didn't know that K'aresh was harboring a worldsoul, since it didn't appear to be subject to Old God infestation or anything. It's possible the destruction of the world was an unintended consequence of the centuries-long war. It's also possible that the Void Lords were aware and that the corruption of K'aresh's nascent Titan continues on to this day. Not enough real information to go on, in any case.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't really consider it a retcon, per se; given we knew almost nothing about K'aresh save it had been destroyed some unknown time prior. K'aresh possibly having a worldsoul also doesn't constitute a majority of known current and former worlds having worldsouls, either. Of the known worlds thus far, we only have a handful known to have harbored a worldsoul:

• K'aresh - possibly had a worldsoul
    • Telogrus - possibly had a worldsoul

That about ~11% of known worlds having Titan worldsouls, or ~26% if you count the original worlds that would've housed the 10 known Titans to have been born or encountered in lore.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't really know at this point. It's possible Dimensius didn't know that K'aresh was harboring a worldsoul, since it didn't appear to be subject to Old God infestation or anything. It's possible the destruction of the world was an unintended consequence of the centuries-long war. It's also possible that the Void Lords were aware and that the corruption of K'aresh's nascent Titan continues on to this day. Not enough real information to go on, in any case.
    I personally think Telogrus is K'aresh, or at least one of the fragments of the world, given the lore around Telogrus it all makes sense imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I absolutely think we're gonna go to K'aresh at some point. Most likely in Midnight to defeat Dimensius (or maybe a Dimensius-strength Xal)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I personally think Telogrus is K'aresh, or at least one of the fragments of the world, given the lore around Telogrus it all makes sense imo.
    I wouldn't think so myself, no. If K'aresh had been bodily cleaved into pieces by Sargeras himself, you'd think the surviving Ethereals would've mentioned it as opposed to going on about Dimensius and the war being the cause of its destruction. You'd also think Locus-Walker would've mentioned Telogrus Rift being part or a remnant of his former homeworld as well. Though I can't discount this possibility 100%, it seems more likely that Telogrus and K'aresh are two independent and unrelated places that fell to the Void's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    "Destroyed" doesn't have to mean obliterated and wiped from existence. It could mean rendered unlivable and broken.
    the problem is that Dimensius intent was to destroy the planet instead of corrupt, which is what lorewise he is supposed to do.

10+ Year Old Account

-List of Planets

I mean it is a defacto retcon to suggest that K'aresh had a world soul that had been trying to warn the original mortals of the planet that the void was on the way prior to Dimensius' invasion. It also suggests that the invasion had the world soul as a goal rather than the void simply consuming another planet and K'aresh being the unlucky target.

As for the planet list, the 'no known worldsoul' is kinda my point. With the suggestion of K'aresh having one now rather than it being a more unique thing means we have to question how many of those other planets could suddenly get namedropped as having one.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean it is a defacto retcon to suggest that K'aresh had a world soul that had been trying to warn the original mortals of the planet that the void was on the way prior to Dimensius' invasion. It also suggests that the invasion had the world soul as a goal rather than the void simply consuming another planet and K'aresh being the unlucky target.
    How would that be a "de facto retcon?" It doesn't change anything about K'aresh's destruction beyond adding new lore and context - it's just new information. It doesn't even change Dimensius' goal, whatever that might've been, as we still don't know what the goal was or why Dimensius invaded in the first place. The Void Lord may have been drawn to the worldsoul's presence, or may have been summoned there by some third party or internal group on K'aresh. So far, it's a loose net of unknown unknowns.

As for the planet list, the 'no known worldsoul' is kinda my point. With the suggestion of K'aresh having one now rather than it being a more unique thing means we have to question how many of those other planets could suddenly get namedropped as having one.
    That was always possible, but not probable. Beyond the fact that my original post isn't itself 100% confirmation of K'aresh having a worldsoul, the confirmation would still mean less than a quarter of known worlds have housed Titan worldsouls. And that's just known/mentioned worlds, not including the countless unknown worlds the Legion or the Void have destroyed.

How is it a retcon when we knew so very little of K'aresh except that it was devoured by the Void...something the Void wanted to do to Azeroth as well...explicitly because of its world soul.

If anything it tracks perfectly by sheer accident. There are NPCs in BC that even directly say they're STILL -from- K'aresh so it could be consumed by the void but not destroyed. It doesn't affect the BC plot line whatsoever. In fact it slots it perfectly in with new lore by complete and total happenstance.

Genuinely wondering what the problem with this is lol

Azeroth can still be special. By now it's obvious that the Titans didn't know as much as they thought. Be mad at that still I guess but it's canon at this point. Perhaps K'aresh was already gone by the time they had gone looking for world souls. We don't have an exact date on when K'aresh was destroyed by we at least have the claim that it was "many thousands of years ago."
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-04-17 at 09:15 PM.

So any theory that Azeroth might not be a Titan but a First One or something else instead just went out the window. Simple but effective I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    How is it a retcon when we knew so very little of K'aresh except that it was devoured by the Void...something the Void wanted to do to Azeroth as well...explicitly because of its world soul.

If anything it tracks perfectly by sheer accident. There are NPCs in BC that even directly say they're STILL -from- K'aresh so it could be consumed by the void but not destroyed. It doesn't affect the BC plot line whatsoever. In fact it slots it perfectly in with new lore by complete and total happenstance.

Genuinely wondering what the problem with this is lol

Azeroth can still be special. By now it's obvious that the Titans didn't know as much as they thought. Be mad at that still I guess but it's canon at this point. Perhaps K'aresh was already gone by the time they had gone looking for world souls. We don't have an exact date on when K'aresh was destroyed by we at least have the claim that it was "many thousands of years ago."
    The problem is the void doesnt want to destroy Azeroth, it wants to corrupt it. So, if karesh also has a world should, dimensious destroying it doesnt make sense. Unless they later say something like that karesh world soul was mature and ready to hatch and the void destroyed it SO the Titans don't add another soldier to their ranks.