Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Cat weapon enchant question

When I got my 277 Distand land RAWR suggested me to put Mongoose on it and so I did. But recently while looking WOL reports I noticed that Mongoose proc uptime is almost as twice as lower than Berserking used to be... Also yesterday I read that Mongoose does not give 2% haste but merely 30 haste rating that's twice lesser than 2%...
    So I started to think over is mongoose really so goood as it's show by simulators and would not be berserking be an improve for my dps?
    Then I read that Black magic works for cat specials(even procs as fast as ICD fades) and it's even better than berserk&moongose when averaging out stats gain... But I usually prefer agility&crit(unless crit cap of course) over haste because haste is too chaotic.

So these facts put me into serious reflection on what to do with my weapon enchant... To trust math and put Black Magic? To decline RAWR suggestions and put Berserking back?

Have anybody done actual (not math but real raid testing)research on this? Now I'm very suspicious to combat simulators and hardly trust them...
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

15+ Year Old Account
    First off, Mongoose was changed in RAWR in the latest source build so in the next release you will see the revised Mongoose enchant. Doing some preliminary testing, at higher gear scores, Massacre and Berserking will be the better enchant. Black Magic only becomes better once your

a) ArP capped
    b) Hit/Exp Capped
    c) Crit Capped

After that Black Magic becomes better. However That point is very high ICC geared unfortunately. I had to make a build that consisted of almost all 277 gear before I had Black Magic become useful. Until then I was coming up with Massacre as being the enchant to get.

If you want to try it yourself, go into the EnchantCache.xml file in your Data folder of your RAWR folder and add the following code at the bottom of the file (just before the very last line "</ArrayofEnchant>")

<Enchant>
    <Id>9001</Id>
    <Name>Mongoose2</Name>
    <Slot>OneHand</Slot>
    <Stats>
    <SpecialEffects>
    <SpecialEffect>
    <Trigger>MeleeHit</Trigger>
    <Stats>
    <Agility>120</Agility>
    <HasteRating>30</HasteRating>
    </Stats>
    <Duration>15</Duration>
    <Cooldown>0</Cooldown>
    <Chance>-1</Chance>
    <MaxStack>1</MaxStack>
    </SpecialEffect>
    </SpecialEffects>
    <SpecialEffectCount>1</SpecialEffectCount>
    </Stats>
    </Enchant>
    <Enchant>
    <Id>9002</Id>
    <Name>Black Magic2</Name>
    <Slot>OneHand</Slot>
    <Stats>
    <SpecialEffects>
    <SpecialEffect>
    <Trigger>MangleCatOrShredHit</Trigger>
    <Stats>
    <HasteRating>250</HasteRating>
    </Stats>
    <Duration>10</Duration>
    <Cooldown>35</Cooldown>
    <Chance>0.35</Chance>
    <MaxStack>1</MaxStack>
    </SpecialEffect>
    <SpecialEffect>
    <Trigger>MangleBearHit</Trigger>
    <Stats>
    <HasteRating>250</HasteRating>
    </Stats>
    <Duration>10</Duration>
    <Cooldown>35</Cooldown>
    <Chance>0.35</Chance>
    <MaxStack>1</MaxStack>
    </SpecialEffect>
    </SpecialEffects>
    <SpecialEffectCount>1</SpecialEffectCount>
    </Stats>
    </Enchant>
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-06-11 at 09:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a new development that we didn't find out until a week ago.

Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-06-12 at 01:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It's a new development that we didn't find out until a week ago.
    lol how could those theocrafters miss that ^^

i gues blizz stealth nerfed it else we still be using it in cata ^^
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    a) ArP capped
    b) Hit/Exp Capped
    c) Crit Capped

so ArP cap is 1400
    Hit / Exp cap is at 8% / 6.5%
    but what is the crap cap at ?

if we mean crit soft cap itss like 75% at witch melee attacks and FB crit 100% but i read somewhere its more like 78% becase the targets we hitting are 3 levels higher

so can anyone clear this up for me what is the tru cat crit cap we are always
    talking about ?

after editing rawr it stil said mongooze is better lol
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2010-06-12 at 08:56 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    Elundra, it probably is a recent nerf. We just don't know when that happened.

Crit cap is 75% after all procs are calculated. We are talking about 79.8% or so crit on your character sheet after buffs. As for your character If you are using the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion and not going for ArP Hard Cap, then I can see Mongoose being better. However if you are going for Hard Cap, then the other enchants will become better, such as Massacre and Berserking.

ps: I tried looking up your toon but it appears you logged out in starter gear which isn't very useful.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-06-13 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    I belive crit cap is 74,8%

OT; I think mongoose gets better if arp/exp/crit capped.

And tbh massacre ain't bad at all.

Deleted
    I belive crit cap is 74,8%

And tbh massacre ain't bad at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Actually it's quite the opposite. Mongoose gets worse once you start hitting Crit cap. This is due to the fact that because Mongoose is supplying Agility, which is then giving crit. This then supplies you with wasted crit values. So once you start hitting Crit cap, the only stat that Mongoose is really supplying is that 30 haste rating, which is kindof crap. Thus other enchants start becoming better.

15+ Year Old Account
    ps: I tried looking up your toon but it appears you logged out in starter gear which isn't very useful.
    i transfered server to Chamber of Aspect Horde but i am on my way back the Silvermoon Allience at the moment ^^

the charecter u saw on silvermoon was just a placeholder alt to keep my name & frendlist
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2010-06-13 at 11:45 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

crit cap is 77.8% on character sheet..

OP, use rawr and toskk's to see whether berserking or mongoose is better.. yawning updated toskk's when he found out about the mongoose change. Regardless of the change, the difference in dps is still going to be minimal unless your crit capping.. if I switched to berserking I would gain 10 dps, so I'm waiting till Festergut drops my staff (4+ heroic kills and no drop, yet we saw like 8 the first 10 weeks of killing him normal mode >.<)

Black magic seems to be the enchant of choice if you are in BiS gear or close to it. Berserking may come up better if you have some ridiculous amounts of haste, which is not likely with our gear options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    There's a bug in rawr, sometimes when you equip idol of the crying moon, mongoose triples in value. Try switching to idol of mutilation and see how it's valued then.

This is how it looks in my current gear (which has a bit more haste and less crit than the bis set), and in my bis list:

Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-13 at 08:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    There's a bug in rawr, sometimes when you equip idol of the crying moon, mongoose triples in value. Try switching to idol of mutilation and see how it's valued then.
    it was rawr 2.3.18 where agiity gets greatly overated. i am now using 2.3.14 and it does show beserker as better enchant
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

So once you start hitting Crit cap, the only stat that Mongoose is really supplying is that 30 haste rating, which is kindof crap. Thus other enchants start becoming better.
    Not really true. It also gives attack power, and you still gain crit, but just not for white attacks (more crit for special attacks).

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much. I tried these changes to RAWR and then it shows Berserking above Mongoose and Black Magic.
    Can anybody say something about Massacre vs Berserking? My kitty used to have 30-33% uptime while other classes have ~70%... Is not there something wrong? Or i'm just so unlucky cat?
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

Deleted
    Since the procrate fix a couple of months ago, it's been around 20-30% afaik.