View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How many matches into this are we and people are still making the same mistakes regarding Arthas.

1. This isn't Arthas as the Lich King. This is DK Arthas. The Lich King is Arthas + Ner'zhul anyways, not just Arthas.

2. Frostmourne doesn't kill or rend souls on hit; See: Illidan. It captures souls with the killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Arthas never throws Frostmourne ?

Illidan would like to have a word with u (also Grom never throwed Gorehowl)

my memory failed at reminding orc ending in w3 XDDDDD

but still thinking grom would win. he can explode your ears with /roar

Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    frostmourne kills what it touches

grom trows his gorehowl and gorehowl kills everything what it touches

arthas never throws frostmourne

easy grom winz
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Definitely the toughest so far imo. Arthas, while having his soul sucking blade, vs Grom and the legendary Gorehowl. Keep in mind for future posters that even though this is Arthas the death knight, don't count his legion of undead soldiers as it would imbalance greatly unless you want to count Grom's Warsong clan coming into battle with him as well.

Have to give my edge to Hellscream though as long as this is Hellscream hopped up on demon blood. He was just bloody brutal and a much more experienced warrior. Arthas may have Frostmourne but don't discount the brutality of Hellscream and his extensive combat experience and expertise that surpasses Arthas. Most of Arthas's life as a paladin he was in training or an understudy until close to the very end when he commanded a unit, and as a death knight, he had a legion of undead to do his work.

Besides, in a real fight, it would come down to who connects with the first shot. Both use a 2-handed edge weapon so it would come dwn to who has the most expertise with said weapon which would go to Grom.
    If you remember Arthas(LKs Champion) beat Illidan. A 10,000 year old NE empowered by both the Dark Titan and demonic artifacts.

I don't think Grom's exp is a huge bonus in this one.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    People seem to forget Frostmourne is pretty much a 1 hit KO if it makes contact :P
    Hell in ICC he can suck souls from a decent range.
    Well to be fair Arthas isn't getting back up if gorehowl hits him.

Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    my memory failed at reminding orc ending in w3 XDDDDD

but still thinking grom would win. he can explode your ears with /roar
    Grom vs Arthas dk is the best battle ever its a shame they meet so soon and not in finals

but considering lore and warcraft 3 Arthas would win barely (but if Grom had bloodhaze Grom would roflstomp him)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

arthas was trained how to fight by muradin bronzebeard,grom was taught by war.
    both weapons are legendary, arthas' steals soul and is a vessel for necomancy and corruption.
    damnit this is close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grom, just because he is one badass mofo. I mean, arthas is cool with his frostmourne and shit, but i can only imagine what enraged orc warrior can do. I mean, orcs are over 2 meters (7 ft) tall, and, i think their muscles and body structure are like 3 times thicker than humans, what means they weight... 270 kgs? (600 pounds)

Now imagine 2 meters and 270 kgs of muscles, full of bloodlust, furiously running toward you weilding huge axe like toothpick. I definitely wouldnt like to be one being charged at. It's like a truck that wants to nullify you.
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

Yeah, gotta go with Grom. Arthas' weapon of choice was a hammer up until he went all DK on everybody. He had very little experience wielding Frostmourne at all. Most powerful blademaster that ever lived versus fairly new (although very powerful) death knight? Grom. Plus he's got way more combat experience and was never bested in a one on one battle scenario (not even by Mannoroth, the enslaver of the entire orcish race).
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    Grom, just because he is one badass mofo. I mean, arthas is cool with his frostmourne and shit, but i can only imagine what enraged orc warrior can do. I mean, orcs are over 2 meters (7 ft) tall, and, i think their muscles and body structure are like 3 times thicker than humans, what means they weight... 270 kgs? (600 pounds)

Now imagine 2 meters and 270 kgs of muscles, full of bloodlust, furiously running toward you weilding huge axe like toothpick. I definitely wouldnt like to be one being charged at. It's like a truck that wants to nullify you.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrn View Post
    This.
    is incorrect.
    grom never threw his weapon.

Yeah, Grom has experience, but Arthas was taught by the best, both in the ways of the warrior and the ways of necromancy, he was taught by the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom was a pretty nasty Orc in his day, but Arthas is weilding some serious power.

I'd say Arthas just because it took The Ashbringer, Tirion and Light's Hope to drive him off for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Arthas never throws Frostmourne ?

Illidan would like to have a word with u (also Grom never throwed Gorehowl)
    Mannorath would like to have a word with you.

This is definitely tough, but I voted Arthas. Even as a Death Knight he defeated Illidan, and even though Frostmourne isn't necessarily a "one-hit-kill" I think it confers a fairly large advantage.

Really, the post should specify whether Grom has demon blood in him during the battle or not. I'd say he'd stand no chance without it, and it'd be a close fight if he had it.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Mannorath would like to have a word with you.
    thrall would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Need to remember it's not Arthas the Lich King, it's just Champion of the Scourge. Grom should slaughter Arthas.
    How would that be the case when he's already got Frostmourne as his weapon of choice? Think this is Arthas the Lich King.. Frostmourne would just steal Grom's soul. Goes to Arthas.

Another point. Gorehowl may be a nice weapon, but it's only infamous because Grom wielded it. As seen in Karazhan, it's not anything more than your typical axe.

Remember Frostmourne is demonforged and contains the essence of Ner'zhul himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would prefer Grom to win but i just see him beating Arthus down and Arthus just getting back up again repeatedly saying "I'm must do this for my people" over and over till Grom gets bored and gives up. :P

But seriously this would be a tight fight, however my money would probably be on Arthus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Grom was a pretty nasty Orc in his day, but Arthas is weilding some serious power.

I'd say Arthas just because it took The Ashbringer, Tirion and Light's Hope to drive him off for a while.
    For 9001st time since battle of the badasses started. Now in caps!

IN THIS TOURNAMENT ARTHAS IS JUST A DEATH KNIGHT, NOT A LICH KING. ASHBRINGER, TIRION, AND LIGHTS HOPE CHAPEL WERE NEEDED TO DRIVE OFF LICH KING, BUT ARTHAS FIGHTS HERE AS A DEATH KNIGHT, BEFORE HE BECAME LICH KING

FOR FUCKIN SAKE WHEN THE HELL WILL RANDOM PEOPLE LEARN TO READ
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.