Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's even worse with gear-elitists.

The type of people who let an addon decide if the player is good or bad.

had an awesome one yesterday. tanking on my alt warrior: get a hunter in BFD who runs STRAIGHT into mobs, we all stand back and watch the hunter (no pet) melee with vain 6 mobs before spiralling to a messy and amusing death.

Deleted
    I hate queuing for ages for a random, finally getting a group and either the tank or healer leaving after the first boss because the first boss didn't drop the thing they came for and then having to wait god knows how long for another one... ._____.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reaperjon91 View Post
    I hate queuing for ages for a random, finally getting a group and either the tank or healer leaving after the first boss because the first boss didn't drop the thing they came for and then having to wait god knows how long for another one... ._____.
    Yeah I don't get this either. I remember when my druid was in the Utgarde Keep range, and I can't even recall how many shaman healers (They all seemed to be shamans) left after killing the first boss. I mean, it's leveling gear, why bother? Does that guy really drop something of use? Dungeon's give excellent XP, I say finish it.
    Warlock (SL main)

Eh, I play a tank and rarely have any problems - I usually pay attention to the dumb ass group members and 'fix' their mistakes before it gets bad. As long as my healer has part of their brain, it's just too easy for me.

Any time I've had to depend on another Tank to do the job, it fails miserably.

Example: I collected random pieces of badge DPS gear/Heroic drops (probably 4700 GS when completed) and specced Arms just because I thought it would be fun. My first time being Arms in 6 years as a Warrior and I was doing about 4,500-5,500 DPS in one of the Heroics. I couldn't really play like this because no one could keep aggro from me, so I gave up and went back to tanking. As a tank though, I know it can be slightly difficult to keep AoE aggro on higher DPS classes. . . but I wasn't even trying! Just poppin Bladestorm+Cleave+MS+HS.

TL;DR Version: I don't trust anyone to tank other than myself because everyone else has proved to royally suck.

every time i'm on my mage i have some kind of curse in HoR heroic...
    every single healer i found in the group was an holy paladin and ALL of them had a fail gear and/or spec (not talking about gs, but holy paladins wearing dps/tank items).

most of them seems to think that Beacon of Light is a waste of mana, some don't even spec it.
    they somehow manage to oom during the first group of trash, obviously ending in a wipe.
    and just to make it better, they think that the haste buff from judgement of the pure is something they can avoid.

all of this usually ends in 7-8 healers replacements (because they leave) and they are always holy paladins....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    This problem does not go away at 80 and its not just DKs. Every class that CAN queue as tank WILL queue as tank because they're impatient and selfish. They just think being a tank means you wear plate while you kill stuff. Whats aggro? Whats taunt? Why would I use frost presence? The healers dead, when did that happen?, he must suck.
    Dude people dont queue as tank becasue there impatient people queue because having to wait 20 mins to half an hour for ONE dungeon is disgraceful
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Dude people dont queue as tank becasue there impatient people queue because having to wait 20 mins to half an hour for ONE dungeon is disgraceful
    While I can't stand the LFD tool,

1) I hope you realise that before the LFD tool it used to easily take long to find the people for a group and then to actually get to the dungeon?

2) At the end of the day its a (not so simple) priority-based matchmaking service. To have a group you require a tank and healer - priority number one. But there are far fewer tanks and healers than dps. In fact, all else being equal there will be at least three times as many dps for a 5-man group, obviously. So, if it takes a tank or healer 5mins to get past the queue, you can expect it to take approx. three times that long on average for any given dps spot...

If the core problems with the LFD tool were waiting times, the complaints would be immense and overwhelming because you would have thought every single person would be affected in some way. Clearly this isn't the case, because the waits are inline with what you would expect to get when pugging with totally random strangers even without the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginnn View Post
    An axe dropped. I asked politely if I could need on it, because it wasn't for my mainspec.
    I saw everyone greeding, and because nobody answered I pressed need.
    After this the resto druid called me a ninja and refused to heal me.
    I died, and didn't get ressed by either the paladin tank and the resto druid.
    I did a quick corpse run, but I was to late and they killed the boss without me.
    It's a pug. It's always best to play it safe and use raid rules. You don't roll need on anything that is not suitable for the spec you entered the dungeon with. If you want a specific item (irrespective of what spec or even role), you should mention it right at the very beginning of the run. Giving people a chance to think about your request and if they need it. Finally, if you don't get a response that's not an acceptance of the request...as you just found out. Just greed like everyone else and hope for the best. There will be another run soon enough. At least that's how I roll and I've never ever had anyone call me a ninja! Yes, I had cleared all content before I left the game - I'm not some newb who couldn't gear themselves.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-09-10 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It's a pug. It's always best to play it safe and use raid rules. You don't roll need on anything that is not suitable for the spec you entered the dungeon with. If you want a specific item (irrespective of what spec or even role), you should mention it right at the very beginning of the run. Giving people a chance to think about your request and if they need it. Finally, if you don't get a response that's not an acceptance of the request...as you just found out. Just greed like everyone else and hope for the best. There will be another run soon enough. At least that's how I roll and I've never ever had anyone call me a ninja! Yes, I had cleared all content before I left the game - I'm not some newb who couldn't gear themselves.
    No offense, but that's complete nonsense.
    As in any raid, it's 1.mainspec 2.offspec 3.disenchant.
    Nobody needed it for mainspec and nobody asked for the weapon besides me.
    So now the need roll counted for offspec, which still has more priority than disenchant.
    Problem is just that people are so frigging gold/epic horny nowadays, that they don't give a rats ass about other players.
    They'd rather sell the weapon to the vendor for 22g, than to give it to someone who could use it.

I got my random heroic the other day on my dk tank, it dropped me into Heroic ROS. This instance is a pain in the dick but i dont mind, i'm geared and there was an awesome rogue who trixd me every chance he got(much <3 to him). Right before we talk to sylvanas this asshat ele sham demands i tank in the middle of the room instead of the side like normal. I dont know about every one else but after the first week i'd never even seen anybody tank in the middle of the room in that place. I tell him i'll tank it like i always have and he should just not worry and make things die. The shaman proceeds to go on a tirade calling me a noob and scrub and many other thing his uncreative little mind could come up with. I simply respond at this time with "stfu and do your job" at which point he talks to sylvanas and just bails, the door closes and we are stuck in there with 4 people. We all get on with our lives and half way through the waves for first boss we get our 5th, who is conviently locked out on the other side of the door. Thankfully we had a lock to summon the 5th through the door after first boss and we finish the place with no further nuisances.
    Not my WORST experience with random dungeon finder, but definately one of my more annoying ones.

Biggest Moron DK I've Met

So just now I was running Mana Tombs with this Dk tank. About half way through the instance he switched to blood presence and started loosing health really fast. I politely asked him to change back to frost presence several times and after finaly having enough the I told him to get into frost or else I wasn't gonna heal him. His answer was great

Me: Change to frost presence or I'm not gonna heal you.
    Noob DK: Dude look what spec I am, I'm unholy.
    Me: Yea so? Your tanking so go into frost...
    Noob Dk: Dude your a moron learn to play a DK.

I myself play an unholy DK who used to raid several nights a week so I know how to play a DK. After explaining this to him he told me I was an idiot so I tried to vote to kick. His buddy who was in the group told him that I tried to kick and he proceeded to flame me until the end of the instance.

Has anyone else had problems with morons like this? Oh BTW he had BoA's and said he raids ICC on his shaman.

Yep. I was on my DK tank and was told the black heart from ToC regular that has stamina on it was a dps trinket and that I was a dipshit for thinking that a trinket with 100 someodd stamina on it wasn't a great choice for dps. And they were serious.

Deleted
    That is what wotlk has done to ppl sure there were those ppl around in tbc too but just not that many -.-

but yeah plenty of times. I usually either leaves (cuz i have better things to do) or ignore him. In rare cases i will turn to my evil side and 1. trying to make a fool out of him. 2. since i am a healer, and if the idiot is the tank, with the right timing i can let the tank die just in the end of combat so no one els dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deminishment View Post
    Me: Change to frost presence or I'm not gonna heal you.
    Noob DK: Dude look what spec I am, I'm unholy.
    Me: Yea so? Your tanking so go into frost...
    Noob Dk: Dude your a moron learn to play a DK.
    That's pretty bad. I feel sorry for you :<
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

This reminds me of what i just happened to me earlier today

i was in Heroic forge of souls and we were on the first boss [the god father guy]
    I was on my warrior tanking it at the time

I pull the boss, everything seems fine, and it gets to the point where the boss starts to cast corrupted soul
    so i back up as usual and taunt only to realize the dk in my group used army and they pulled aggro off me and the dk sat in the middle with them

this happens twice and all his ghouls get killed off.
    So i am sitting here and the guy has the nerve to say "Dude get the f******g boss off me and tank"
    Then the whole group and i sit there and bash on him and he just shuts up. I guess thats one moronic dk that learned his lesson finally

Quote Originally Posted by Sivet View Post
    That is what wotlk has done to ppl
    Well, hopefully Cataclysm's new dungeon model will purge them.

OT: Yeah, I have had plenty of scrub dks and I even had a ret paladin who had taken that talent that reduces damage while righteous fury was on? Yeah. That went over well.

Also, another healer here so...I guess we're the only sane ones left?

Me: I know it's an heroic and all, but an overgeared tank like yourself (he was in icc25 gear mind you) could do some more to hold aggro.
    Him: Stop being a winny bitch.
    Me: start doing something useful then.
    Him: Omg, stfu will you? I'm the tank, I do things my way.
    Me: actually i've hold aggro more times than you for all the fights in here, i've suffered more damage, basically you are being carried.
    ___________________________________________DEAD SILENCE______________________________________________

Have come across a couple of DK tanks who don't or won't use Frost Presence even when I have pulled agro off of them on both my dps and my healers. And a few dps DKs who sit in Frost Presence when I am on my tanks.

Lately my biggest issue has been being yelled at by pally tanks for not watching my threat when they refuse to use Righteous Fury. After asking then to activate that ability multiple times, I am either told to STFU cause the tank will do whatever they want to do and I should just deal with it or I am vote kicked.

Because of the long random queue times, it has caused a lot of people to just assume they can tank without learning how to play first. I know skill takes time, but there are plenty of websites out there that can at least give you some basics.

I was in a voa last week and there was a warrior in there that was unaware of the fact that he could use abilitys in his 'fury' page in his spell book because he was arms, and swore up and downt hat since hes arms he cant go into the fury stance whenever he wants because he has to switch specs. I fee your pain, it seems like everyday I meet a new retard, who to be honest, shocks me that he was able to make it to 80 let alone turn on his computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well back in bc i had a tank on my horde toon and we were in wc. So the tanks can't keep aggro turns out he didn't have sunder. Everyone said dude go learn sunder and he replied i don't get it till later and for us to stfu since we didn't know shit about warriors.

I also kept getting grouped with this resto shaman recently who could actually heal fairly well but whenever his druid pal was with us he'd let her heal and she couldn't heal worth shit. Not to mention he kept earthliving on while dpsing as a ele. Gods save any high level groups with them they were in their 40s.

I'm sure i have more but can't recall em right now.