Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thrall, the New Earth-Warder!

So, Chris Metzen kind of pointed out that Thrall will replace Deathwing as the next Aspect of Earth!

What are your thoughts on this? It's not 100%, I take it, but it does sound Awesome!

Deleted
    Thrall's always been a nice bro

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would be... interesting, to say the least. But it would kind of mean that Thrall can't return to his throne. I'm as pro-Horde as anyone, but having an Aspect as our faction leader would be serious overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said, MAYBE!

Just might..but they can
    Last edited by TarzoEzio; 2010-10-22 at 11:00 PM. Reason: So..much..fail...

wow just wow.....20$ on this happening in Knaack's next novel.

I don't think he was being serious. That seems like it'd be kind of a big spoiler to just give away like that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    I don't think he was being serious. That seems like it'd be kind of a big spoiler to just give away like that.
    You are most probably correct. Metzen does like to tease.

Doubtful. I think it's going to be more along the lines of,

"Thrall helps raise up that black drake we rescued in the badlands from Deathwing to be the new earthwarder"

Awesome nonetheless.

They better nerf his Earth shock :>.

It'd be cool to see how this turns out. Also, Kalecgos is the new blue dragonflight leader, uber stoked about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Gamon was the new earthwarder.. They choice him for persistence
    Whats a signature?

Does he get to wear the chin?

He cannot become an Aspect, he isn't a Dragon, and he wasn't created by the Titans to guard the world, which is what the Aspects were.
    No.

He can be a very powerful Mortal shaman, but an Aspect? Don't be ridiculous.

He shouldn't have crossed that line, but I suppose it finally gives the mid 30's Thrall a reason he is so powerful... up till now he was the strongest shaman... almost without reason. 15ish years of shamaistic experience doesn't mean you should be able to hold the world together.. no matter how much of a prodigy you are.

On what I think should happen:
    Thrall should only be the Earth Warder while the saved Black dragon grows. He should be the Steward of Earth, not the Earth Warder itself.
    That would make me a happy panda. Yes... this would make me a most happy of pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    They better nerf his Earth shock :>.
    lol, what about earthquake.......they might want to nerf that 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    So, Chris Metzen kind of pointed out that Thrall will replace Deathwing as the next Aspect of Earth!

What are your thoughts on this? It's not 100%, I take it, but it does sound Awesome!
    That isn't what he said. He hinted that Thrall will stay with the surviving Dragon Aspects to put things back together after Deathwing is killed.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    He cannot become an Aspect, he isn't a Dragon, and he wasn't created by the Titans to guard the world, which is what the Aspects were.
    No.

He can be a very powerful Mortal shaman, but an Aspect? Don't be ridiculous.
    I love how you act like one could consult a book on the subject and how it's totally impossible. Not that it's spewed from someone in Blizzard's mouth consistency along with a whole load of other FANTASY lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    That isn't what he said. He hinted that Thrall will stay with the surviving Dragon Aspects to put things back together after Deathwing is killed.
    This is not what he said either. His quote is just awfully vague.
    Working as intended...

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the titans only chose to empower the dragons because they were the most noble, powerful creatures alive when they showed up.

Still that gives me no clue on how the hell Thrall receives Deathwing's powers over the earth in order to become a new Aspect... If that is indeed what Metzen said, that is.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I love how you act like one could consult a book on the subject and how it's totally impossible. Not that it's spewed from someone in Blizzard's mouth consistency along with a whole load of other FANTASY lore.
    Ok, he might have been created by the Titans or some such nonsense.

But he obviously isn't a Dragon, hence, cannot be an Aspect.