Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Because its better to inconvenience you then to potentially get someone killed because of idiots. There have been Deaths associated with people driving and playing this game. That is just the fact. Your inconvenience means jack all if a full disable of the app at driving speeds successfully prevents even 1 death. Its selfish and entitled to think otherwise.

Read a book while you're riding. Draw. Play another game on a 3ds or something. Think about things. Listen to music. Hold a conversation with people. There are options. Use them and don't zero in on the one option that you can't have because its been proven to kill.
    Right, and you think putting a restriction on that app is going to stop stupidity? If you're that stupid to do it in the first place, you'll just find something else to replace it with. Not to mention within a week someone will have a work around it regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yeah I'm aware. I'm talking about a full disable; since clearly it doesn't work.
    Realistically the game doesn't function above a certain speed. Once you're traveling about 40 you're moving past Pokemon and stuff too quickly to interact with it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Right, and you think putting a restriction on that app is going to stop stupidity? If you're that stupid to do it in the first place, you'll just find something else to replace it with. Not to mention within a week someone will have a work around it regardless
    If the app completely shuts down then they cant find a work around.

Regardless of them finding something else, the point stands. Just because they would find something else, that doesn't make it any less entitled to complain about it. Its dangerous. If they replace it with something else, thats on them. Its just one less thing that they can use to distract themselves. Which, like I said, if it successfully stops even one death as a result of playing the game while driving, that is a positive thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Yeah I'm aware. I'm talking about a full disable; since clearly it doesn't work.
    I'd be down if they could even make the "You're going too fast!" thing work, it loves to just tell me that when I'm walking or not even moving, so if they made it disable the game it would just randomly screw people over.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Because its better to inconvenience you then to potentially get someone killed because of idiots. There have been Deaths associated with people driving and playing this game. That is just the fact. Your inconvenience means jack all if a full disable of the app at driving speeds successfully prevents even 1 death. Its selfish and entitled to think otherwise.

Read a book while you're riding. Draw. Play another game on a 3ds or something. Think about things. Listen to music. Hold a conversation with people. There are options. Use them and don't zero in on the one option that you can't have because its been proven to kill.

As to the article. Its BS. Nothing more. Has it caused damages? Absolutely. But they use 1 county. And they use information from accidents in the Area of poke stops. They use one county and try to extrapolate data based on A Lot of assumptions. Its a bs "research paper"
    In that case, they should just disable cell phones while driving. There's been lots of people who have crashed and died while using a cell phone. That is just a fact. If it conveniences people to pull over and use their phone, so what! It's worth it if it saves even one life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went camping this summer and one of my stupider friends fell off a cliff playing Pokemon Go. Somehow she survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Adio View Post
    In that case, they should just disable cell phones while driving. There's been lots of people who have crashed and died while using a cell phone. That is just a fact. If it conveniences people to pull over and use their phone, so what! It's worth it if it saves even one life.
    Yup. If they find a way to do that, great. If people need a gps, could get an actual gps.

Aka, you're trying so hard to make this a thing but failing. Its a game. Not a device that could genuinely be used to call emergency services. Its up to the app makers to do their part to stop the problem. They should also build in a way to disable the text feature since that is the part that has caused so many accidents.

Its not really an inconvenience if you Die because you can't call 911 when someone is following you or if your friend had an accident and you need help.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2017-11-28 at 10:50 PM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That's terrible.

Pokemon Go should implement a feature that disables the game when traveling above 3-4mph. I know other apps and devices do that. I read an article a while back about people speeding over 100mph to get the special badge on snapchat (this also involved taking a picture while going this speed...)
    That feature already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not really. You can still easily play the game. You can put them into gyms. Spin a stop if your fast enough or see raids in the near by area. The game is still distracting at higher speeds. You can also catch something if you started the fight at a stop light. A full shut down of the game is whats needed.

Yeah, you're like the 10th person to quote me saying that. As I have already posted, you are able to dismiss that prompt easily. Clearly people are doing so and causing accidents. I suggested to completely disable the app while moving at a car's speed.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Yeah, you're like the 10th person to quote me saying that. As I have already posted, you are able to dismiss that prompt easily. Clearly people are doing so and causing accidents. I suggested to completely disable the app while moving at a car's speed.
    should be the other way around, if you play pokemon go over the speed limit it disables your car and ejects you from the seat james bond style.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    should be the other way around, if you play pokemon go over the speed limit it disables your car and ejects you from the seat james bond style.
    That would still cause accidents as moving vehicles are no longer driven :P
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how garbage the game's GPS tracking is, might as well delete the app completely.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    In other news: WhatsApp users caused as much damage as a Western European country's GDP.

Given how garbage the game's GPS tracking is, might as well delete the app completely.
    I mean, I doubt you could convince the people driving and playing Pokemon go to delete the app to protect themselves and others.
    – C.S. Lewis

Isn't Niantic making a Harry Potter game now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Isn't Niantic making a Harry Potter game now?
    How... what.... I....

So many questions about what and why and *brain explodes*. What would you even do >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Attributing alcohol to "The capitalist"

lololol

Not at all surprised by the ignorance of history.
    History =/= the present. Duh.

I'm not ignorant when it comes to history, but you're apparently blind to the reality we live in right now.