Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But there is limitations. Do you know what a DDoS attack is and how they work. That is essentially what is happening here. You have 10's of thousands of players trying to log in at the same place at the same time. It's going to cause a jam no matter what.Raging about it is a complete waste of energy and really shows a sense of entitlement.
    It is the players' fault that they want to play regular hours. They should play overnight instead and be thankful that blizzard offers this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    just so you guys know you can find your wow.exe in your wow folder to join the login queue for realm at the same time as the blizz client
    Great advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you on a medium to low pop server? Those servers likely aren't having any issues. it's the high pop servers having issues because you have a massive amount of people loggin in at the same time.

I logged into my realm yesterday when it came up and had no problems too. Every realm varies.
    I'm on Dentarg EU, High pop.

Could've been that it started when more and more people started logging on.

Do you have to play right the very first minute? No you do not. You know that everyone and their mother is going to log in at the same time. You know this is going to happen simply because of technical limitations. Yet you try to login anyway. Raging about what you know is going to happen is a complete waste of time. You can't wait a couple of hours before you try to log in.
    Wrong. You pay money to play the game when the service is available. 2. They said approximately. That means when they hope to have the realms up. That is not a promise.That is not a guarantee. Raging is not justified and it is a product of entitlement. The ToS clearly lay this all out.
    Im genuinely curious to why you put so much effort in every day to skim through MMO-C and defend Blizzard everywhere?
    Whats in it for you? You display a complete lack of perspective outside your own in most threads I see you replying in and you refer to the ToS and petty details as why players "are not entitled" to have their opinions that you disagree with.

I wonder whats really going on with you, are you okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Again, other tech giants can do it easily as well. No magic.

But let's just assume that blizzard is incapable of fixing their patch day server crash(that's pretty sad), they should still expect it and stop announcing it everywhere, because guess what, there is nothing worthy to check out today. Well, except for a textfield saying you have to wait 2132313 minutes.
    Yeah stop announcing a major release. That is a good idea. But since you say there is nothing worthy to check out today, then there is asbolutely no reason for you to complain as you have no reason to log on.

The fact is there are things that are noteworthy. There is the revamped levling. Many people are going to try that out. There are the new customizations. People ant to try that out. All the new talents that were put in and those that were remoed. People are going to want to try out how their spec now works. There are plenty of noteworthy things happening.

By the way, queues do not = server crash. That means the number of logins far exceeds the server load.

10+ Year Old Account

But let's just assume that blizzard is incapable of fixing their patch day server crash(that's pretty sad), they should still expect it and stop announcing it everywhere, because guess what, there is nothing worthy to check out today. Well, except for a textfield saying you have to wait 2132313 minutes.
    If there is nothing to check out today, then why do you care?

Also show us all these other tech giants who easily avoid any technology issues. Would love to see that list of yours.

People are excited, stuff like this happen. As beatles said : let it be.

Players being entitled and raging like every big patch because they can't comprehend the massive dimensions behind it.

Never play on patchday is a thing for 15 years now and will likely also be a thing for the next 15.

Stop being a Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I'm on Dentarg EU, High pop.

Could've been that it started when more and more people started logging on.
    Sure. You likely got in before the massive rush happened.

Yeah stop announcing a major release. That is a good idea. But since you say there is nothing worthy to check out today, then there is asbolutely no reason for you to complain as you have no reason to log on.

The fact is there are things that are noteworthy. There is the revamped levling. Many people are going to try that out. There are the new customizations. People ant to try that out. All the new talents that were put in and those that were remoed. People are going to want to try out how their spec now works. There are plenty of noteworthy things happening.

By the way, queues do not = server crash. That means the number of logins far exceeds the server load.
    So Blizzard has done everything right and I have no right to be upset about not being able to play on the day they hugely announced all their cool new stuff? Stop trolling. Seriously.

Blizzard keeps fucking up. Same mistakes. People are mad about it. Justified. Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    It is the players' fault that they want to play regular hours. They should play overnight instead and be thankful that blizzard offers this service.
    Because overnight is the only other time you can play right? You absolutely do not need to play the exact second the servers come up. It is players entitlement driving the whole thing.

This statement alone shows you have no id what you are talking about. Handling dynamicly changing server load with extreme spikes is something no tech giant deals with well. If you dont know what you are talking about why make bold stupid statements. SMH always the people with the least amount of insight who have the loudest voice.

So Blizzard has done everything right and I have no right to be upset about not being able to play on the day they hugely announced all their cool new stuff? Stop trolling. Seriously.

Blizzard keeps fucking up. Same mistakes. People are mad about it. Justified. Facts.
    Not facts. Not justifgied. Blizzard is not screwing up. This is about the technical limitations of their login servers and the dynamically changing server load. SHow me one tech giant that handles this well. You won't find one. Also, first you said there was nothing noteworthy, now you claim Blizzard is releasing all this cool stuff. Which is it?

This is nothing but entitlement talking.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    This statement alone shows you have no id what you are talking about. Handling dynamicly changing server load with extreme spikes is something no tech giant deals with well. If you dont know what the fuck you are talking about just shut up.
    Oh, you mean like Path of Exile? I played on league day perfectly fine. I waited 3 minutes in a queue and played straight for 12 hours without any issues. No biggie. If you check out server stats, you can see how high they jump up. "If you dont know what the fuck you are talking about just shut up."

Scaling servers up and down is no magic. And many software giants are capable of doing so.

Oh, you mean like Path of Exile? I played on league day perfectly fine. I waited 3 minutes in a queue and played straight for 12 hours without any issues. No biggie. If you check out server stats, you can see how high they jump up. "If you dont know what the fuck you are talking about just shut up."

Scaling servers up and down is no magic. And many software giants are capable of doing so.

PoE has more then enough issues on launch day just because you didnt encounter them doesnt mean its not there. So many people died in hardcore cause if connection issues on heist launch Myself included.

Also if i use your logic the prepatch release went perfect because i logged in at around 4 in the afternoon had 10 people in front of me in the queue and got in in less then 2 minutes. Been logged ever since no problems at all.

So if we follow your logic this launch was perfect!!! nothing went wrong AT ALL!!
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-10-14 at 06:27 PM.

PoE has had it's share of problems too. You not having a problem doesn't mean nobody did.

Guess what? I and many others in the US had no problems logging in and out yesterday. Does that mean there were absolutely no problems for anyone yesterday? Nope.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-10-14 at 06:27 PM.

PoE has had it's share of problems too. You not having a problem doesn't mean nobody did.

Guess what? I and many others in the US had no problems logging in and out yesterday. Does that mean there were absolutely no problems for anyone yesterday? Nope.
    There we go someone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    There we go someone gets it.
    Exactly. Every player's experience is different. Some get in and out no problem. Others are stuck in queue. I was able to get in and out no problem, but I also know that others were having problems logging in as the official support forums at Blizzard will show.

Feel free to post some numbers and sources that back up your statement. Quite sure that overcoming an increase of 2600% at league launch is not much different than wow has to face.

1½ hour queu time...I just wanted to see if addons could be updated lol.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO