5+ Year Old Account

Question What have been the hardest newly buffed leveling dungeons been for you?

For me I found Strathholme to be challenging. I was in a group and our tank constantly struggled to control the mobs. The healer struggled to keep him up, and if extra mob packs were pulled it often spelled doom for us. We wiped about 3 times and our tank had to tele in and out of the instance to repair. We tried CCing some of the healing mobs to prevent prolonged fights. The final boss Balnazzar took quite a bit to take out, and the healer had to keep the heals coming instead of alt tabbing.

Although it took longer, I grew a level and a half from the dungeon and quests, making it worthwhile time-wise.

Even though we couldn't race through it, it was still fun. I understand the healer and tank might not have been the best, but it was still fun. What other dungeons have you tried that have been a bit of a challenge?

That kind of sounds miserable. How long did it take to complete? Would it have been quicker to just do quests and solo content to gain that amount of experience in the time spent?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    That kind of sounds miserable. How long did it take to complete? Would it have been quicker to just do quests and solo content to gain that amount of experience in the time spent?
    That is harde to gauge. I went from 40-47 in Felwood, and now I am 52 after finishing Winterspring.

Was it miserable? Sort of. I think many people haven't realized the dungeons have been buffed so many tanks will pull too much and realize they don't die fast. The mobs themselves give much more xp, so I feel the rate of xp is more or less the same. The only reason I do the dungeons is for the quests, which give good xp as well as some non loom gear that always helps when questing.

I kind of like the idea of dungeons not being faceroll. When i leveled a monk 5 months ago or so I literally just went BRM and spammed dungeons to 100; It wasn't fun or challenging. I feel it would have been more fun if it was more engaging.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I kind of like the idea of dungeons not being faceroll. When i leveled a monk 5 months ago or so I literally just went BRM and spammed dungeons to 100; It wasn't fun or challenging. I feel it would have been more fun if it was more engaging.
    I agree. What I like the most is the fact you can try out new classes and their rotation for once.

At level 18, as BM hunter, I was still able to solo Ragefire Chasm and I will try Wailing Cavern next. But from my past experience, I can say, that dungeons seems to be much harder anyway. Let's see how many dungeons can be soloed.

Lvl55 prot pally, we all bailed out of blackrock depths. We coukdnt even handle a single pack of mobs, i was top dps and heals tho, so maybe the other 4 were monkeys but we didnt even get to the first boss.

I would say the hardest for me has been Scholomance, I feel like its around that level bracket where the scaling does outpace the heirlooms just a touch, and that is enough to cause some problems with some overzealous tanks.

I did Deadmines the other day on my lvl60 DK. It seemed like the bosses took forever to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by tobby536 View Post
    I would say the hardest for me has been Scholomance, I feel like its around that level bracket where the scaling does outpace the heirlooms just a touch, and that is enough to cause some problems with some overzealous tanks.
    Heirlooms have been massively nerfed too. They now give stats about equivalent of the same level available gear from other sources. Previously they had close to triple the stats of other gear.

I ran Scholo on my 55 rogue and had a great time. We still pulled trash into the boss and the tank was competent but had to use stuns and interrupts a lot to reduce the trash damage. Wasn't quite like a hard hitting BC dungeon, but it was super engaging. Still only took about 15-20 minutes we blew it apart pretty quick. I could see some groups going slower and picking their way through as the trash will mess you up if you get cocky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awful. I'm really not gonna level anymore now.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sounds awful. I'm really not gonna level anymore now.
    Cool. Thanks for letting us know .

They've all been pretty fine, once I started doing some BC Dungeons people started to die to mechanics more and more however which for me is more entertaining than anything.

Most people feel the bosses take too long, but they last roughly 1-2 minutes per boss and honestly that's not too bad for "At Level Dungeons". They were never meant to be spammed for EXP imho.

But yeah, anyway... Mana-Tombs is fun and hilarious as usual.

I haven't made time to level a new toon since the changes, but I am looking forward to it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that on my bear that I've been leveling since the changes all dungeons after 35 have been fairly painful simply because rage generation is a mess at low levels. It is nice to have dungeons actually be content again at low level instead of pure faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I haven't made time to level a new toon since the changes, but I am looking forward to it.
    It sounds cool but in reality it feels horrible because combat times are so long in dungeons. There isn't any interesting gameplay either, so all you are doing is attacking and healer is spam healing. I have not tried questing yet.

Most of the issues I have run into are because a lot of people (especially tanks) aren't aware of the changes and still expect to roflstomp everything. E.G. Charging into 2 packs before the healer zones in, pulling the tree guy in Dire Maul without killing the trash first etc.

I am finding the dungeons a lot more engaging than they were before. But I am not running them over and over for xp now. I am questing, and doing each dungeon and it's related quests once. I actually really like the changes from a play perspective. Playing a Warlock and it's actually worth casting dots. Most classes going through their full rotations on dungeon bosses etc.

A lot of the bosses I have killed today, I never knew before if they had any mechanics or not, because they died long before they became relevant. Now they have mechanics and you actually have to deal with those mechanics. Even if it's just 1 mechanic, that's better than a target dummy that lives less than 10 seconds.

Yeah, mid 40's are rough as hell. Just left a stratholme group where the first tank was barely taunting anything, making me have to split my healing (as paladin) between everyone and spamming flash of light to keep everyone up. somehow make it to timmy and the tank literally gets melee'd for half his hp. Then complains im not healing him and rage quits. replace him and the other dps that left with a lock and bear. same thing happens only this time the lock ninja pulls. Spamming strongest heal on tank, still dies. Lock then starts saying im not healing and quits.

Before that I was tanking a dire maul and the only way we finished is by having the druid off tank some adds because i couldnt survive even with all defenses up.
    Last edited by TheLimonTree; 2018-01-22 at 03:53 AM.