Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It doesn't help that their employers in France are on a strike. And I don't blame them.

Were they? I've been loggin on and off the whole day and only now did I encounter a 10 second queue.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    So the launcher seems not working that well, but you can start the game without the launcher. Queue is still 800 peeps tho

They fixed it. It's now only 512 minutes for me...

just so you guys know you can find your wow.exe in your wow folder to join the login queue for realm at the same time as the blizz client

I logged in about 30 mins BEFORE the maintenance was scheduled to finish, and got in straight away. Granted, I play on a low population realm, but there was no queue to even login to the app. Maybe because many people were still at work

In fact, the only issue I've experienced so far is that I exited the game once, logged back in, and my realm showed no characters and a black background. I relaunched, same problem, but after about a minute, everything loaded as expected.

As we headed into usual peak time, I'd expect the queues to have grown significantly, but they'll normalize over the next few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post

Hard to understand, right.
    Hah! Not even 2 days ago, this exact episode was on TV and I just thought "Yep, that'll be patch day".

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Laypersons.

You should google how many simultanously logins are only needed to have a succesful DDoS
    There is no hardware to stop this. Only staggered logins. I would love to see that rage.

But whatever.

Laypersons, internet Karens, know it better.
    Yeah better listen to the expert "Poopsnacker" right.

Experience should matter in cases like this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    I've been in all day guess you rolled a full pop server
    It's not even WoW, it's Battlenet :s

Small indie company, what do you expect guys?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

This is totally unacceptable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    This is what their 9th expansion now, one would think they knew how to prepare for this after all that time.
    They would but all you people quit playing so they reduced server and connection capacity. Now there's a shortage.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Go play something else while they sort stuff out. Bitching and moaning every 2 yeas and every single of them will still play the game later.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    They would but all you people quit playing so they reduced server and connection capacity. Now there's a shortage.
    Heck, that Lidl-server is trying its best I guess!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Go play something else while they sort stuff out. Bitching and moaning every 2 yeas and every single of them will still play the game later.
    Complain about people complaining, that'll show them!

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Could still be avoided, and raging about it is justified.
    Raging is not jhustified. A lot of people are trying to get in at once. You know this is ghoing to happen, but you try to login exactly as the servers come up anyway. That is on you, not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Raging is not jhustified. A lot of people are trying to get in at once. You know this is ghoing to happen, but you try to login exactly as the servers come up anyway. That is on you, not Blizzard.
    Blizzard hugely announces prepatch today with emails, blueposts, forumposts and via other social media channels. Playing on that day is certainly expected. So is raging about it if it's not possible due to ever occurring issues.

Other software giants can do it as well, there is no magic needed.

Are you f***ing reta**ed? I am paying real money here to play this game anytime I want. Its prepatch day and it said it would be online at 15:00. 20h here and wait time is 8799635 minutes. Raging is justified in this case, oh very much. And what other users wrote, it is 9th expansion. Come fu**ing on man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I logged on when the servers came up, and had no issues until like.. 15:00 or something.

You dont get to dictate who gets to be upset or not about this, of course people have the right to be angry about downtime.

Especially since this was a planned event which they have prepared so many times before.
    I know you really love Blizzard and want to defend them wherever someone criticizes them but you gotta think a little sometimes too buddy..

Shit company, shit servers, years passing by and nothing changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    Are you f***ing reta**ed? I am paying real money here to play this game anytime I want. Its prepatch day and it said it would be online at 15:00. 20h here and wait time is 8799635 minutes. Raging is justified in this case, oh very much. And what other users wrote, it is 9th expansion. Come fu**ing on man.
    You pay money to play the game when the servers are available. There will inevitably be rare instances of server instability when the servers aren't available. Usually on days like today. It happens. Relax and try again tomorrow. That's what I'm doing.