Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The shortest login screen music ever

So i guess they cut corners in music department aswell now. Its sad, really. Login screen themes featured an expansion theme and zone/faction themes. Usually around 10 minutes mark of pure epicness. Dragonflight? 3 minutes short.

How many people are sitting on the login screen for more than 3 minutes?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How many people are sitting on the login screen for more than 3 minutes?
    Yeah, i can imagine how this is something Bobby Kotic said during their music budget discussion.

And its not the point. Move along, Bobby.

Yeah, because it's a waste of money lmao. You skip the login screen these days anyway
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Meh, the music itself beats SL login imo and I'm in character selection for like one minute max, fine with it.

...wait til this guy finds out Blizzard sometimes reuses unique boss models.

Vanilla's was shorter. Honestly though, I've been playing this game on and off for 17 years and I didn't realize until I looked it up that the music goes much beyond that main theme they use in every login screen. Some of these login screen tracks go for 14 minutes and ive probably only ever heard the first 30 seconds of all of them
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2022-10-12 at 04:37 AM.

Are you guys really so passionless? The login screen music always tells the story of the expansion.
    Its Art. It used to be a quality art. Now its going downhill and its a shame.

Money, money, money...

Maybe we are getting what we deserve after all..

Truly, the most dire of issues. I mean, you realize it will just loop anyway, right? Like 3-5 minutes is anything unusual for OSTs anyway. Undertale has an amazing soundtrack and most of them are in that range if not shorter.

Probably just placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I feel like I've seen some iteration of Marrowgar in every other expansion...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    So i guess they cut corners in music department aswell now. Its sad, really. Login screen themes featured an expansion theme and zone/faction themes. Usually around 10 minutes mark of pure epicness. Dragonflight? 3 minutes short.

It is not the "shortest ever" because it is still longer then vanilla.
    back when you ACTUALLY spent time on the login screen. which actually is FAR worse.

now aday if you spend more then 5 seconds on the login screen something is very wrong, so the fact it even still exists is surprising.
    and funnily enough the tbc one while longer (just under 4 mins), is just a slightly remixed version of the vanilla one.

but nah, we dont need 10 minute long themes when you spend no more then 5 seconds on the screen, especially since all the 10 minute ones were 2 minutes of a unique song, then various songs from the expansion just stapled on after.

this one is entirely unique, no need to add the random expansion ones to it.
    and hell this is the FIRST dragonflight music we have gotten, so who knows when the rest of the music goes live, it may well get added to the login screen.

but for now they are turning to vanilla/tbc and only having unique music on the login screen, instead of 1 unique song, then 3-4 random zone songs after.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-12 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's the idea that if they don't care enough to do a little more for one part, they probably don't care enough to do a little more for several other parts. This has proven true before as well. Also, don't @ me with that vanilla crap. They had a smaller budget in 2001-2004 and had blown through most of their money making Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 + expansions. They had to squeek everything into vanilla and SO MUCH STUFF was cut that most people don't know about. After it became a juggernaut they definitely had the money to spare.
    Last edited by Bloodbayne; 2022-10-12 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    It's the idea that if they don't care enough to do a little more for one part, they probably don't care enough to do a little more for several other parts. This has proven true before as well.
    Vanilla was a masterpiece of its time as was TBC, music still wasn't 15 minutes long. Login screen music length is just a really weird metric to judge an expansion upon, next thing you know you'll be measuring how high the capital city ceiling is.

I don't mind the duration at all but the music itself is AWFUL imo

Almost tops BFA for the worst login screen music ever.

Dragonflight must be pretty dang good if trolls are having to use "login screen music duration" as bait

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    It's the idea that if they don't care enough to do a little more for one part, they probably don't care enough to do a little more for several other parts. This has proven true before as well. Also, don't @ me with that vanilla crap. They had a smaller budget in 2001-2004 and had blown through most of their money making Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 + expansions. They had to squeek everything into vanilla and SO MUCH STUFF was cut that most people don't know about. After it became a juggernaut they definitely had the money to spare.
    Bro, the login music is 1 song of unique music, then randomly a ton of zone music stapled onto the end to extend it.

This time they just arnt doing that, because no point, also they are withholding the music, this is the FIRST dragonflight music we have gotten, so hell we may still get a longer starting screen music.

"they had a smaller budget in 2001-2004" as i said above, ti had nothing to do with budget, the "10 mins of login screen' was 2 minutes of unique music, then a bunch of random music, and that is what every expansion was but vanilla/tbc. dragonflight is returning to vanilla/tbc where they say "fuck it just the unique music" so no it has nothing to do with "budget"

It would have cost blizz NOTHING but 15 seconds in vanilla/tbc to just grab 2-3 random zones songs and add them to the login screen, like they did for wotlk, cata, mop, wod, legion, bfa, shadowlands. but they didnt cause they wanted ONLY the unique music.

And yet again this might just be how it is now, we might well still get zone music added after.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-12 at 05:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Morrowgar's model says "Hi"

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    Yeah, i can imagine how this is something Bobby Kotic said during their music budget discussion.

And its not the point. Move along, Bobby.
    Ahhhh Bobby!

So. A lot of off topic, pure misunderstandment and lack of passion. gg. we dont ask, they dont deliver. peace.