Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Why do I want to progress in further expansions in timeline B when we are supposed to be in timeline A where timeline B has no impact on timeline A?
    Because it does have an impact on timeline A. Characters will be able to travel back and forth between AU Draenor and MU Azeroth (in fact a whole bunch of Iron Horde Orcs coming to our world and trying to ax us to death is what starts the expansion), as well as artifacts, resources, etc.

Basically events on AU Draenor won't rewrite our past, but they do influence our present in exactly the same manner events on Pandaria or Northrend influenced our present.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Why do I want to progress in further expansions in timeline B when we are supposed to be in timeline A where timeline B has no impact on timeline A?
    Because Draenor B is just as real and present in our universe as Draenor A (Outland) is.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. Particularly because this alternate reality has its own Burning Legion. We already have our own still hanging over our heads, last thing we need is to add another. The longer we're on Draenor the more shit gets complicated. We need to defeat the Iron Horde and get out.
    I think it was said somewhere (I could be wrong tho) that Alternate Draenor was pulled out of its timeline so there would be no alternate Burning Legion to come after us or an alternate Azeroth for us to go to.

I kinda hope we have 1 more expansion on Draenor before we deal with Azshara.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    we only are going to Draenor to stop the Iron Horde, no real reason to go to ogre homeland...
    Until they write one. I'll give you a hint, it starts with L and ends with "egion"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't want new continents in Draenor, like seriously? They can even add ~5-6 of them for very expansion... I want something about Burning Legion(Argus, Xoroth), not something totally new.
    That's exactly why they aren't giving you the legion yet. They want to save the final legion conflict and Azshara for later on in WoW's life, since they seem certain the game has a lot of life left in it. Other continents in Draenor could involve another legion invasion though that takes place entirely on Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This is just me but if there are multiple Draenor expansions I'm going to be semi-irritated because to me Azeroth isn't "finished". Meaning, there is still the Great Sea and Azshara to contend with. Let's take care of business in our own house before going next door for extended periods of time.

Not to say I wouldn't mind more of that in the future, but can we finish one world before opening up more?
    The Azshara is a plot point many players are really wanting to happen, hence why they are putting it off. Also, they probably felt that an Azshara expansion would feel kinda like Cataclysm so they want to wait some time before they revisit (ideally around the time when Cata begins to move into the lens of the rose tinted goggles).

I'd love new Draenor or Outland continents rather than more of Azeroth. They could keep things nice and cohesive rather than having a gazillion new planets.

If I recall correctly, they said at blizzcon that the land to the south and the northeast would be used in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Draenor will NOT be a new world. We already had Outland, now Draenor. They won't expand on it, they need to do something else.
    So planet Azeroth is allow to have as many continents as it wants but Draenor is restricted to one continent after going through all the plot shenanigans to bring us Draenor. I am fairly certain blizzard's intentions with bringing this world together was to have a new world to plop continents on to. After Azeroth, Draenor is the next most significant world in Warcraft Lore. After Azshara, we are basically done with Azeroth mostly unless we go underground or put some continents on the back side of the world, but I'd rather they build up another world to rival Azeroth. Also, as we saw on Azeroth, every continent could be very different. The WoD continent will have orcish barbaric theme to it, but other continents may have entirely different themes.

This is all that existed of the Warcraft Universe during WC1, is it really that hard to believe they could write another planets worth of lore? I feel like this is Blizzard's take at a "WoW2", something new and fresh that gets the WoW ball rolling again.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    That's exactly why they aren't giving you the legion yet. They want to save the final legion conflict and Azshara for later on in WoW's life, since they seem certain the game has a lot of life left in it. Other continents in Draenor could involve another legion invasion though that takes place entirely on Draenor.
    Exactly. Maybe they spare those continents for an "alternative" Legion invasion. What if they add the Ogre continent with the plot of Kil'jaeden corrupted its residents and we have to stop them somehow. The "fel ogres" invade Draenor and the players must protect the continent against the evil forces (a.k.a the Burning Legion).

What if Blizzard wants to see how players would react to a massive Legion based expansion that includes the invasion of an entire world without fucking up Azeroth in our timeline. And if it goes well they might go back to our beloved Azeroth and do the same with it.