Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Wouldn't be a nerf.
    Who claimed they have this problem "so often" other than you? Are you projecting?

Edit: Rereading my post I should clarify: The part starting with "whenever" refers to everything before in that sentence, not just to the very last part. That should have been clear from context. I apologise for my bad English, in my first language the sentence would have looked exactly the same but been perfectly clear about what refers to what.

Obviously standard behaviour when not targeting yourself should remain the same, just the "punishment" for self-targeting should change to an efficiency one instead of an annoyance.
    Punishment for bad play should always be dealt with by in-game effects, not with shortcomings of the user interface, because the latter breaks immersion and is bad game design. Thus sub-optimal targeting should result in reduced efficiency, not in spells stuck to the cursor unless one programs some macro to avoid it.
    There's nothing wrong with your English. The confusing part of your post is the first part, where it's not immediately clear you only wanted the different functionality when you cast it on yourself, rather than all the time. That makes it a more reasonable suggestion, but I still don't think it's an issue even worth their time to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    There's nothing wrong with your English. The confusing part of your post is the first part, where it's not immediately clear you only wanted the different functionality when you cast it on yourself, rather than all the time. That makes it a more reasonable suggestion, but I still don't think it's an issue even worth their time to fix.
    Yes, if it is worth the time is questionable, but something only they can answer for themselves.
    It does not look like it would be much of a problem, since there is no animation that would have to be changed (there are no bands linking the targets) and the functionality exists for several abilities in the game already. (For holy priests: You cast your angle on others and have it mirrored on yourself, but you can also cast it on yourself and not have that effect. For discipline priests: You can cast PW:S on others and have a part of it mirrored on yourself, but if you cast it on yourself the mirror effect won't show up.)

Personally, I think spells getting stuck to the cursor when the mouseover target is invalid is an issue that should be eliminated in all cases without requiring a band aid workaround on part of the player (macros).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    The fact that I cannot target myself just pisses me off to insanity and back.
    You?
    That is the exact reason why i had a hard time switching to BH. I kept targetting myself :P I got used to it, and its actually OP af with the t21...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiina View Post
    That is the exact reason why i had a hard time switching to BH. I kept targetting myself :P I got used to it, and its actually OP af with the t21...
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Binding Heal
    /cast [@player] Flash Heal

Simple enough macro that does exactly what it should. And it hardly makes the spell overpowered, either. It's merely an okay'ish bonus, which pales compares to what Disc gets.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Binding Heal
    /cast [@player] Flash Heal

Simple enough macro that does exactly what it should. And it hardly makes the spell overpowered, either. It's merely an okay'ish bonus, which pales compares to what Disc gets.
    This macro works with Clique, too.
    Exactly as is.

Binding heal is fine. It heals you and 2. BH is A pally knockoff, but priests shouldnt do as much as a pally does, would like to at least do half though, or druids main abilities for that matter; BH is small though, but with hardly any mana.

I would want an 'instant' though, renew just isnt that, but then again, might as well play pally for the shock and awe.

It's perfect everywhere except you use first talent from the first talent tier.

Deleted
    T21 raiding :

POM BH BH BH BH <Incoming raid damage> HW : Sanctify POH BH POH BH POH BH POH
    POM BH BH BH BH <Incoming single target damage> HW : Serenity BH BH BH BH BH

:-)

I love BH, and i will play BH even without T21 because i can.

And i love not watching my life at all ! ;-)

Binding heal overheals like crazy, it doesn't synergies all the time with prize legendary neck ( at least is the rumor i heard ) and it is attractive to be used with a mouse over heal bot continuum add on. i find it more useful on mythic progression then hc or normal . Piety is still the best choice for casual runs where you out heal a druid /paladin and they still overheal like cray in an attempt to out heal you . Feels good to be first on hps and last on overheal but you can do that only with piety not binding heal.

All seriousness aside, but I run into the "try to cast it on myself" on occasion as well. When I heal I'm not actually looking at the bar names to see who I'm healing; I'm usually reacting to someone dipping lower and casting BH on them as a target (and letting the splash do it's thing), to make sure the lowest target is always getting healing, every cast. When you're sat in a M+ and basically just chain-casting BH's to keep the group topped from passive damage (and your words on CD), it's not difficult to just reactively try to BH yourself because that's the bar that's currently the most depleted. And in raids, when joining pugs in particular, and they randomely throw me in Gr3 along two shadow priests, a warlock and a warrior, I'm likely to not notice that it's *me* in that particular spot if I'm sat trying to weave BH->POH->BH->POH during AOe damage while just using whomever is currently at the lowest HP as my target.

It's not a huge issue, but it does happen, and it is annoying <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeralmetal View Post
    Binding heal overheals like crazy, it doesn't synergies all the time with prize legendary neck ( at least is the rumor i heard ) and it is attractive to be used with a mouse over heal bot continuum add on. i find it more useful on mythic progression then hc or normal . Piety is still the best choice for casual runs where you out heal a druid /paladin and they still overheal like cray in an attempt to out heal you . Feels good to be first on hps and last on overheal but you can do that only with piety not binding heal.
    Please stop vomiting mouth-garbage.
    First off, are you fucking kidding me that you aren't sure if it "doesn't synergize with prydaz legendary neck". No shit sherlock, an absorb shield and a heal that's 33% selfhealing isn't going to actually synergize. One of the great points of BH is that you can drop Prydaz, a legendary that's basically a stable for most healers, and run something like Archbishops' cloak instead (still boosts your own survivability, but it's a free ress instead of a minor shield that'll most likely get eaten up by AOE damage anyway).

Second, EVERY healing spell is "attractive to be used with a mouse over heal bot continuum add on". Assuming by that you mean "mouse over healing frames" like Vuhdo, Healbot, or Grid with Clique. *all healing spells benefit from this over manually targeting on people*. It has no significant benefit (depending on your preferred playstyle) compared to mouseover macros.

Third, I'm dubious you've even played mythic progression.

Fourth, Piety is absolutely not the best choice for "casual runs". Piety relies on benediction' renews to get a bulk of it's healing going, and renews happen to be a HoT. Guess what doesn't work super well in "casual runs" where everyone's overgeared and fighting for HPS? That's right, it's HoTs, they need time to work, and if everyone's hammering their AOE heals 24/7, that ain't happening, BH->PoH->BH->PoH reigns as the supreme king for "casual runs", because it does IMMENSE healing, and it does it (mostly) instantly (barring the echo of light mastery hot, but that's a very short duration). Can't do that shit with piety.

Fifth, nobody actually gives a shit about being top on healing and bottom on overhealing. Matter of fact, I think someone that did 1500K HPS and 1500K overhealing is probably a far better healer than someone who did 1700K HPS and 300K overhealing. The 200K HPS can easily be a difference of when you blew your raid CD (did someone else overlap it), or having to handle a mechanic like the bomb on Argus (healer with the bomb usually gets no healing done from the damage that bomb does, because they're either far away in P2 and by the time they reach the raid it's topped, or they die in P3).

But atleast I know the guy doing 3M raw healing can keep up if we fuck up on a boss and NEED a ton of healing. The guy doing 2M? I don't actually know if he can push higher.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-05-24 at 12:11 AM.

Please tell me you are sterilised , we don`t need wanabe nazi reactions people to procreate. I did mythic progresion during nighthold , i gave up on mythic during kil jaden due to lack of time for having a new job that demanded me to get up at 5 am. During hc pugs in Antorus i assure you people do enjoy hps meters. Its youre choice to feel useful ( on mythic progresion i agree that giving hps and dps meter importance wipe more often then mechanic themselfs). I choise to have a good time in a game, not to be a special snowflake on forums just for the simple fact that i do mythic raids.

Deleted
    The thing is, Piety style is "easier" and do not bring enough burst power to respond to burst damage.

Or, in a casual run (and in mythic high progression nowadays) everything is about bursting damage.

You will never see a Piety player outburst and Binding Player with 4pT21. That's it. So maybe your healing efficiency will be higher, but probably the raw healing and the effective healing will better for Binding heal 4pt21player. I played both and there is nothing to do about it. Specially, when you raid with a paladin and a disc priest who have enormous burst healing.

As my guild is still trying on Argus MM I played both style. And that's one fight where burst healing is about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeralmetal View Post
    Please tell me you are sterilised , we don`t need wanabe nazi reactions people to procreate.
    Nice personal insult there. You're leading well with your arguments. I'll repeat myself: Stop spewing bullshit.

I did mythic progresion during nighthold , i gave up on mythic during kil jaden due to lack of time for having a new job that demanded me to get up at 5 am.
    So you have no *current* mythic progression experience, then. You have no experience with the T21 2+4 piece and how much the interaction with Binding Heal actually boosts the value of the talent - you're giving advice based on judgement from a tier where Piety was 100% the stronger choice, because BH didn't yet have a powerful set bonus tied to it, and almost every fight in that tier had some sort of passive, long lasting DoT or damage aura that let POM bounce a shitton.
    Understand, your playstyle was fine in Tomb. But the damage patterns in Antorus lends itself much more to BH-POH spam than it does "lol let renews heal people back up", no matter what level you play at.

During hc pugs in Antorus i assure you people do enjoy hps meters.
    And those people usually don't play very well if they care about topping the meters in heroic encounters. Unless they're 2-3 healing 30 man raids, there's no real challenge to them at all.

Its youre choice to feel useful ( on mythic progresion i agree that giving hps and dps meter importance wipe more often then mechanic themselfs). I choise to have a good time in a game, not to be a special snowflake on forums just for the simple fact that i do mythic raids.
    You can choose whatever you want, but that doesn't mean it's ok to spew nonsense. If you prefer piety, stick to it and go for it; But if you don't even understand *why* binding heal is so good, and instead pick a completely useless metric to try and argue why it's bad (fucking *overhealing*, really? You have near infinite mana with a binding-heal spec because you're not wasting mana on flash heal, so overhealing is irrelevant), maybe don't bother commenting.

Also, lol @ the whole "special snowflake" comment. Wanting people to know how the spec works and "synergizes" does not make me a special snowflake. You, on the other hand, using fucking *overhealing* as a metric to decide if someone is a good healer or not in an environment where you can't really go OOM, *do* exhibit snowflake-tendencies.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-05-27 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    The only problem going into bfa (and live) is that BH is so fucking booring. I urge you all to send feedback that we want 'triggers serendipity' on CoH in bfa so we atleast have a choice of what to pick.

11/11m t20 piety player