4pc t21 should you use Gambling build?

I have tier 21 4 piece plus Smoldering Heart. I don't have deceivers pact yet, only the Insignia ring. I read on storm earth and lava you want to run gambling once you have 4p. Is this true?

my character: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...meregan/Teslã

And should you use echo or storm elements? Again storm earth and lava said echo for mythic but for raiding storm?

THANKS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragdorr View Post
    I have tier 21 4 piece plus Smoldering Heart. I don't have deceivers pact yet, only the Insignia ring. I read on storm earth and lava you want to run gambling once you have 4p. Is this true?

my character: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...meregan/Teslã

And should you use echo or storm elements? Again storm earth and lava said echo for mythic but for raiding storm?

THANKS!
    OK, I think you are mixing some things together here. I'll try to clear it up.

1. If you have the t21 4pc, you are running aftershock for single target. It does not matter which legendaries you have or do not have. You do NOT however play the gambling rotation and still cast earthshock at near max maelstrom. You only start casting it at lower maelstrom levels once you have the shoes and gloves.

2. Generally you want to take echo of the elements. HOWEVER some gear configurations may see storm ele as higher dps. A quick sim of your character reveals that it is indeed the case with your current gear. That it because you have very low Mastery lvls while having tons of crit and haste. The problem is that storm ele is alway fight length dependent. If you are in doubt, echo might still be the better option, as the difference is low and it is more reliable.
    For Mythic+ you'd want magma totem in most weeks/instances. Echo/Stormele(Again, dpeneding on gear) might be better in tyrannical weeks in instances with low trash mob count.

3. This changes slightly if you use the talent ring. Either because you have nothing else or because it is good in mythic+. In a raid scenario you mostly do not want to wear the talent ring if avoidable. In case you use it, you automatically gain echo, thus making storm ele the single target choice and liquid magma the ae(mythic+) choice.

TL;DR: Skill aftershock with t21, storm ele for st damage, lm for ae damage

Quote Originally Posted by Themi View Post
    OK, I think you are mixing some things together here. I'll try to clear it up.

1. If you have the t21 4pc, you are running aftershock for single target. It does not matter which legendaries you have or do not have. You do NOT however play the gambling rotation and still cast earthshock at near max maelstrom. You only start casting it at lower maelstrom levels once you have the shoes and gloves.

2. Generally you want to take echo of the elements. HOWEVER some gear configurations may see storm ele as higher dps. A quick sim of your character reveals that it is indeed the case with your current gear. That it because you have very low Mastery lvls while having tons of crit and haste. The problem is that storm ele is alway fight length dependent. If you are in doubt, echo might still be the better option, as the difference is low and it is more reliable.
    For Mythic+ you'd want magma totem in most weeks/instances. Echo/Stormele(Again, dpeneding on gear) might be better in tyrannical weeks in instances with low trash mob count.

3. This changes slightly if you use the talent ring. Either because you have nothing else or because it is good in mythic+. In a raid scenario you mostly do not want to wear the talent ring if avoidable. In case you use it, you automatically gain echo, thus making storm ele the single target choice and liquid magma the ae(mythic+) choice.

TL;DR: Skill aftershock with t21, storm ele for st damage, lm for ae damage
    Thank you for the thorough response!

The ring I'm talking about is the nether light crucible one, (that's boosts its effects by 50%, for killing argue). It's either that the legendary helm or wrists. So the ring seemed a better choice until I receive the boots.

So basically run the talent build just not the gambling rotation until you have the gloves and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragdorr View Post
    Thank you for the thorough response!

The ring I'm talking about is the nether light crucible one, (that's boosts its effects by 50%, for killing argue). It's either that the legendary helm or wrists. So the ring seemed a better choice until I receive the boots.
    You should really sim that to be sure. For single target, the helm might be better than the ring, depending on your relics and fight length/bloodlust timing. For AoE, wrists should almost always be better than the ring.

So basically run the talent build just not the gambling rotation until you have the gloves and boots.
    Again, you should sim that to be sure.
    AfS is almost a given if you have 4t21, Storm Ele isn't. With t21, Storm Ele should probably never be used, your specific gear composition might be a special case, though. Usually, use Echo instead for single target, LMT for AoE.
    And for semantics: it's called Gambling build because of the RNG nature of boots+gloves combined. So, no boots = no glambling
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2017-12-19 at 08:34 AM.