Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Grouping for elites lul, I down 5 man world rares with 2 million HP in Beta with shit gear as lock, simply spam summon Voidwalker once it dies to 10k autoattacks spam.
    how exactly does this contribute or add any meaningful information ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grevyn View Post
    how exactly does this contribute or add any meaningful information ?
    Didn’t you know? Getting immediately placed by a groupfinder addon in a group to trivially kill an elite is beneath some people. Even if it solves the single inconvenience mage has in solo content.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I dont even think you need an addon anymore. I think it has a link to the finder in the base UI now for most world bosses

I can solo rares on my class... or I can get a group and down it in 5 seconds instead. I'll go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Didn’t you know? Getting immediately placed by a groupfinder addon in a group to trivially kill an elite is beneath some people. Even if it solves the single inconvenience mage has in solo content.
    Although i think it stays a pretty hefty inconvenience, since you cannot use such a tool while already being queued up for some other stuff (Dungeons, PvP, etc...). I tend to do most world content while waiting for queues, as i am pretty sure most people do, meaning that it forces me to avoid doing élite content as a Mage (at least some of them, at my ilvl most become soloable - even if still a pain in the ass for the most part) while other classes can indeed simply stomp over everything with ease.

I agree that classes should be different, but i don't think class choice should determine whether i can or cannot do the same world content as another. Blizzard is aware of this issue, and they tried to solve it with npcs in the past 2 expansions, failing big time to accomplish anything. It would be enough to simply make our Mirror Images sturdier, allowing them to actually tank for some time instead of disappearing as soon as they are hit, or improve their AI so that they can provide a limited amount of kiting (for example via Blink) in order to gain more precious seconds for us to deal the hurt.

With the addition of Leeching Poison even Rogues (that historically have been as bad as us at soloing élite world content) managed to handle pretty much anything thrown at them, at least with decent gear, leaving us as the only class that cannot down a big baddie without the help of his friends... which is indeed kinda sad.

i still think they should keep cauterizing blink baseline ... at least 10% of heals

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Although i think it stays a pretty hefty inconvenience, since you cannot use such a tool while already being queued up for some other stuff (Dungeons, PvP, etc...). I tend to do most world content while waiting for queues, as i am pretty sure most people do, meaning that it forces me to avoid doing élite content as a Mage (at least some of them, at my ilvl most become soloable - even if still a pain in the ass for the most part) while other classes can indeed simply stomp over everything with ease.

I agree that classes should be different, but i don't think class choice should determine whether i can or cannot do the same world content as another. Blizzard is aware of this issue, and they tried to solve it with npcs in the past 2 expansions, failing big time to accomplish anything. It would be enough to simply make our Mirror Images sturdier, allowing them to actually tank for some time instead of disappearing as soon as they are hit, or improve their AI so that they can provide a limited amount of kiting (for example via Blink) in order to gain more precious seconds for us to deal the hurt.

With the addition of Leeching Poison even Rogues (that historically have been as bad as us at soloing élite world content) managed to handle pretty much anything thrown at them, at least with decent gear, leaving us as the only class that cannot down a big baddie without the help of his friends... which is indeed kinda sad.
    Honestly I just think elites should be susceptible to stuns/roots/snares at full duration. Mages have the tools to kite and should be afforded the option to do so. It also doesn't help that they plant elites in high mob density areas so you don't even have working space.

Another avenue is to improve the mage barriers. Take them off the GCD and improve their value+scaling.

Alternatively, they could give the water elemental tanking capacity so mages have frost spec as a questing options. But I will say that mages should not gain the benefit of frontloaded damage and mobility compared to warlocks while having similar tankiness. What mages pay for in questing they more than gain by not killing themselves in dungeons with burning rush for a mere 50% run speed toggle that costs a talent while mages have little trouble keeping up with the group and have the ability to cheese a ton of mechanics via immunities.

There's also the fact that 2/3 of the warlock specs don't even have a baseline interrupt, while all mage specs have an interrupt.

It's a matter of tradeoffs.

It may not be trivial to pull a pack of mobs while leveling as a mage, but I also have the luxuries of slow fall and blink to get around rather trivially without the use of consumables, and my CC in the form of polymorph won't aggro groups of mobs unlike warlock's fear.

Invisibility is also a wonderful tool to get around dangerous or tedious elite zones.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-05-24 at 12:23 AM.

They really should make the leggo chest effect a baseline ability of shimmer. Maybe tone down the HP% but it helps with survivability or make all mobs/rares vulnerable to slows/stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by trumanylaeh View Post
    Play with friends, dont let anything touch you.
    Or else you just need to utilize freezes, barriers and slows. Movement is key also to avoid all the damage you actually can avoid.
    Easier said than done. Kiting in a crowd area can easily pull more mobs.

I am levelling an arcane mage and really it is a painful and slow. I am always resting and eating between mobs. And these are just regularly mobs.

If should be levelling as frost, and maybe I should be, that just illustrate there may be an issue with arcane. Yes, I should move away and not get hit, but when cast times are more than one second, then I cannot dodge and cast at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is fucking depressing, why do we have a class that is in no way capable of doing what others are?

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    This thread is fucking depressing, why do we have a class that is in no way capable of doing what others are?
    Because the people who created the original WoW are long gone, and the scraps left over have distorted and warped the vision and direction of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    so you would be ok if classes were basically exactly the same but with different skins? cause if there are differences between classes at all, there will always be someone who isnt happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    so you would be ok if classes were basically exactly the same but with different skins? cause if there are differences between classes at all, there will always be someone who isnt happy with them.
    Giving every class some way to mitigate or return damage taken in the form of health doesn`t necessarily mean they will end up the same mechanically.
    Flash of Light and Temporal Shield does effectively the same but under different conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Well, Fire is still the most fun I've ever had with a dps class. I just wish we had abit more solo capability aside from just kiting mobs around.

They don't say mage to be mage glass cannon without reason