Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Needed to happen.

No, they should just remove one-shot mechanics (death regardless of healthpool) and mechanics that cause a reset if only one player is present.

Now, any retro guild doing mop/wod content will just faceroll it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    They didn't remove any content? They buffed HP on mobs. It's not impossible to do; There are already videos of 110's soloing mythic SOO post changes.
    Making content that you can do into content you cannot do is removing available content. Are you dense? If the total list of content that I can do last week is 60 items long, and because of these changes, this week is only 50 items long, what the hell WOULD you call that? Adding content? Your suggestion of "just run with someone else" proves that you have never run with randoms or people after the same items as you. Additionally, why should we have to find people to do something we have been doing solo literally the entire expansion.

Additionally, in further response to your "they obviously intended", WarcraftDev on Twitter posted last night that it was unintended. But please keep telling us how this was how it was supposed to be and that everyone is just bad at the game. I'll grab my popcorn.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check the main page. This was not an intended change and they are going to implement a fix for MoP/WoD raids.

Its certainly something that not should have ever gone live because it represents both a pretty huge lapse in foresight and a shoddy job from the QA team. But at least they acknowledge the issue and intend to rectify it.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-18 at 02:27 PM.

Between the CS answer, and the PTR feedback, I'd been convinced it was completely intended.

WTF is the point of the PTR if they continually roll out things that they already know are broken, unless they're hoping not enough people on live will care, and they can cheap out and not address it?

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    No, they should just remove one-shot mechanics (death regardless of healthpool) and mechanics that cause a reset if only one player is present.

Now, any retro guild doing mop/wod content will just faceroll it again...
    Literally no one cares about retro guilds. If you weren't there for when it was current that's too bad.

so. PTR build is up with the "Fixes", will 30 something percent really be enough though?

Deleted
    how come this has happened with yet another scaling change? have they assigned interns to work on this?

jesus christ, sometimes this company just likes to show itself as totally incompetent, i swear.

anyone from the US try SoO mythic solo after the "fix"? is it scaled back to pre 7.3.5 or just nerfed with 35% or something?
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

MoP raid bosses have ~50% more health than 7.3.2, even post-patch. This is a huge improvement from launch 7.3.5 where they had ~400% more health. Should be soloable no problem, but it will take a bit longer.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really wonder what the 8.0 patch will bring with the "stat squish", if they can't get their npc health, and weapon intellect correct now, how are they supposed to scale it down properly, hopefully they finally read 8.0 (pre patch) PTR feedback and don't push themself into some artificial launch-window.

I still think this patch launch-date was forced due to call of scarab changes.

Now of course, if bugs affects the majority of people they'll get noticed, usually that is on live versions, but at least they adressed this health issue fairly fast.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I still think this patch launch-date was forced due to call of scarab changes.
    This is a hilarious premise but just for a second imagine the scenario.

People are already fuming over the fact they took 10 hours to deploy a patch that ended up being absolute dogshit from a bug standpoint finding out that it was pushed early for a pointless in game mini holiday next to no one cares about.

The forums would make Chernobyl look like a fucking playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    MoP raid bosses have ~50% more health than 7.3.2, even post-patch. This is a huge improvement from launch 7.3.5 where they had ~400% more health. Should be soloable no problem, but it will take a bit longer.
    Which means the changes are indeed intended contrary to what they've said. They've merely toned down the changes due to the enormous backlash. Bunch of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    This is a hilarious premise but just for a second imagine the scenario.

People are already fuming over the fact they took 10 hours to deploy a patch that ended up being absolute dogshit from a bug standpoint finding out that it was pushed early for a pointless in game mini holiday next to no one cares about.

The forums would make Chernobyl look like a fucking playground.
    What I consider more likely is that, because 7.3.5 has a story timegate, they had to rush it to get that storyline rolling. Especially if the end of the story is pre-purchase and Allied Races.

I solo'ed 7.35 Mythic SoO before the HP nerf this Friday, only challenge was Sha of Fear but with drums it was pretty easy to get, only needed about 2.2M dps to get to 30% before Banish. After the nerf, it's SLIGHTLY longer than the original health numbers but it's not enough to matter. At all.

Same goes for Mythic BRF. The good news about BRF is that Blast furnace is now soloable as the elementals only take 60% reduced damage on Mythic versus the 99% before which required a priest/rogue.