Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah blizzardd fukyou unsubed as well!

During Cataclysm, I was thinking the exp bonus was a bit too much. It was so fast that it could even cause some problems. We were going too fast and I didn't have enough gold for skills, I didn't have items, etc. because my old characters were in a different realm. Now transferring money between realms is much easier and stuff, though. It mainly sounds suspicious because of the time they announce this. Now everyone rightfully thinks that they want to sell more boosts. Especially as they insist on the way they slow down levelling after all that negative feedback.

On the other hand, I agree that it shouldn't stack with heirlooms since the recruiter would draw away because of it, if they only play together. I have mixed feelings. The system was broken but it could stay the way it was as an option. They shouldn't have slowed the leveling in the first place. It has become like iOS. They believe it's the best and the cleanest for us, but we could have our options and decide by ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Comparing a dot class to a rogue..
    A shadow priests dots really do no damage at low levels and they are definitely one of the weakest to level cause they are cloth.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

They want to preserve the leveling experience? I'm all for it for new players. But allow me to have the choice as a veteran player to level my characters faster. Here is a compromise.

Nerf RAF to the ground, take the XP bonus away completely, I don't mind! Keep the convenience stuff like the summons etc. When I am grouped with my friend we enjoy the leveling experience.

On the side, introduce new heirlooms for our missing slots and bring our bonus xp up to 300% WHEN NOT GROUPED WITH A RAF FRIEND. So the bonus can go away when we group with a friend. But if I wanna level of my own, I can take advantage OR NOT of increased xp. Let me be the decision maker, I don't need a nanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The illusion of choice is not choice. This is the exact same as the flying argument.

If you have the option to fly, you will always use it. Period. There will never be reason not to use it when your entire group is waiting on you to speed things up, and that same group will kick you if you are too slow. In a single player environment there's no problem. WoW is not a single player environment, and should not be confused with one.

There is no reason to give the option to level faster when the intention is to make the leveling experience more enjoyable. In a multiplayer game, everyone needs to be on the same setting or the only setting will be "The fastest possible." This is harmful to the game, no matter how many people 'like it that way.'
    And just like the no fly argument this is complete bull, they shouldn't punish everyone because some people lack the force of will to play the game the way they supposedly like. If one group of people will kick you for your play style find others that won't if there are no groups that like your play style maybe blizzard shouldn't be catering the game to you.

Making the game slower isn't going to make it more enjoyable for everyone because enjoyable is subjective, so why do I have to suffer just so you can be forced into "Enjoying" the game. Judging by how this group of people needs ease of access removed to have fun I wouldn't be surprised if LFR needs to be cut next because "well it was making the raiding experience to easy, when it's to easy people don't want to do harder difficulties.", then it will be random BG's, then it's pet battles. How much content dose blizzard need to cut/nerf/destroy before you can be properly forced into your ideal fun scenario?

You aren't going to bring many if any people back to the game by making old and used content slower, you are going to demotivate the people who liked the old system from doing it again, and the kicker here is that the people who wanted a more cohesive experience already had their issue fixed when they made zones scale.....

You don't like the illusion of choice, your answer is to just remove all choice.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-01-25 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    And just like the no fly argument this is complete bull, they shouldn't punish everyone because some people lack the force of will to play the game the way they supposedly like. If one group of people will kick you for your play style find others that won't if there are no groups that like your play style maybe blizzard shouldn't be catering the game to you.

Making the game slower isn't going to make it more enjoyable for everyone because enjoyable is subjective, so why do I have to suffer just so you can be forced into "Enjoying" the game. Judging by how this group of people needs ease of access removed to have fun I wouldn't be surprised if LFR needs to be cut next because "well it was making the raiding experience to easy, when it's to easy people don't want to do harder difficulties.", then it will be random BG's, then it's pet battles. How much content dose blizzard need to cut/nerf/destroy before you can be properly forced into your ideal fun scenario?

You aren't going to bring many if any people back to the game by making old and used content slower, you are going to demotivate the people who liked the old system from doing it again, and the kicker here is that the people who wanted a more cohesive experience already had their issue fixed when they made zones scale.....

You don't like the illusion of choice, your answer is to just remove all choice.
    This is a very reasonable and compelling argument. You provided the appropriate context, demonstrated well defined and clear points, and you cited many different examples. Well said, I completely agree with you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's absurd that people seem to think their preferred way is the only way to "respectably" play the game. There is more than one way to test your talent and ability, while you enjoy this game. I just don't get why this is so difficult for some people to accept. Some of you act like if somebody doesn't play the way you do, they are somehow inadequate and should be ashamed that they aren't more like you. The whole argument that leveling up fast is somehow "cheap" is absurd. As if the difficulty leveling up is in anyway comparable to the end game content most of these people are trying to get to faster. You guys behave like you are somehow purists who are the only ones who value the game the "right" way. Have you ever stopped to think that there are millions of other people who enjoy different things, and don't find the leveling process challenging, or valuable in the ways that you do? I don't care how long you have played, or how things were "supposed to be" for you at some point. I played this game while it was still in Beta, and I take my sweet time to nerd out on the lore while I level up. That doesn't mean that this is the only way to play this game correctly.

So much arrogance...... could some of you folks possibly be any more vain? I really wish more people would practice acceptance, and actually make the effort to coexist with other players in the community. Blizzard is making the effort to provide a more meaningful experience for new players, and you're perpetuating the kinds of division in the community that likely repels more new players from this game, than the previous leveling experience ever could. Everybody gets it, you love the new changes. Why must you celebrate this while bashing the players who don't like these changes over the head?

And I guess the fact that I leveled up some characters without using my free boosts, or that I chose not to use heirlooms on some of my characters means that I never actually had any choice at all....... Oops, I forgot to put it in bold letters so it must not be true! If you're going to pick one sentence out of a well authored post, and ignore everything else to argue your subjective nonsense, then perhaps you should ask yourself why it is you are posting in the first place. Good lord, what is it that drives someone to be so pigheaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Isn’t that what hairlooms are suppose to be a bonus to leveling because you have a max level toon.
    Yes, and no. This would help with the "immersion" that they want to fulfill as the first few times a 5-10% bonus won't really make much of a difference at all but after you've leveled say 5-6 toons you can get bored of doing the same thing over and at least this would help with the pacing.

I mean, there are plenty of solutions. Ie., change rest xp to apply to quests as well for instance, more heirloom gear or a currency to allow you to buy xp bonus potions so that it's a way to opt-into getting a more streamlined leveling experience for those who want it. The current changes are not balances to achieve this, since people were willing to buy another copy to dual box and get the RAF bonus xp... it's an overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If the choice is "Don't play or play our way" then the choice doesn't actually exist to begin with. Hence illusion of choice. You pretend there was ever an option, but if we take the option you don't agree with we are actively punished for it and can't play the game.

Removing the completely irrelevant 'choice' from the equation is the most sensible way to deal with that. Especially when the 'choice' is "Play the game the way the game was built to be played" or "Play the game on fast forward."
    But that is the exact series of options you give people who don't want to play your way.... No matter how hard you try and twist it, your option IS "my way or the high way". my option may be a case of an in most cases clearly better and worse option but it IS still an option, at no point is anything bard from someone wanting to use a ground mount. If you're to slow most people just summon you to a dungeons / raids now, no profession needs so many materials that only someone with flying can ever hope to succeeded in their chosen field, and your world is just as big as the person who flies over it so you're not getting less content.

It's the same deal with leveling, at this stage in the game nearly everyone has a max level toon so it's not like you cant head the call of friends/guildies trying to start a run of something. Past that I have never met any group who would remove you because you aren't leveling fast enough for them. its usually quite to opposite where if someone out levels your group they will leave in search of greener meadows. at that point your argument comes down to a scale of levels pir hour and what you think is acceptable, and everything past what you deem worthy needs be removed. No one wants to leave you high and dry when it comes to a slower leveling option you should be allowed that option if it truly makes you happy, in return be willing to have options for thoughs of us who do not care to be hindered by a "gradual pace" leveling experience. No choice is irrelevant if someone enjoys it.