X-mog level restrictions

As the title suggests;

Why can I not use my own unlocked transmogs for my new allied race alts...? I have to level to 58-98 to use them???? What is the purpose for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofnasty View Post
    As the title suggests;

Why can I not use my own unlocked transmogs for my new allied race alts...? I have to level to 58-98 to use them???? What is the purpose for this?
    Generally speaking, it’s a way of avoiding level 1 alts in the latest raid-look.
    Generally speaking, you need to level up to the minimum required level for each individual mog.
    Generally speaking, I think it sucks, but that’s the way Blizz wants it...

If it makes you feel better the world scaling revamp seems to have unlocked a lot of transmogs early.

If you're wondering about the restrictions though it's mostly a technical thing since each piece of gear requires a specific level to equip.

Xmogs were always tied to the required level of the original item. With the new scaling there's a possibility to xmog vanilla gear on level 1 and so on. It changed for the better. There's still the feel like being able to go to outland or northrend unlocks your TBC and WotLK xmog. Do you want like Antorus gear to be transmogable on level 1 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Xmogs were always tied to the required level of the original item. With the new scaling there's a possibility to xmog vanilla gear on level 1 and so on. It changed for the better. There's still the feel like being able to go to outland or northrend unlocks your TBC and WotLK xmog. Do you want like Antorus gear to be transmogable on level 1 or what?
    If you've worked on unlocking the Transmogs.. Yea. I'd be completely fine with a level 1 Transmogging Antorus gear. The only thing it does is show that that person has done the Raid and gotten the things from it.

Deleted
    Do you want like Antorus gear to be transmogable on level 1 or what?
    I mean you can use the mount from Antorus at level 20, so why not?

No not right out with Antorus but I was hoping to use the Avatar Raiment for my new Void priest. I guess i just never noticed the level restrictions until the Allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I mean you can use the mount from Antorus at level 20, so why not?
    Well, titles are bound to level for example. I don't even mind people running in T2 xmogs on level 5 since there are shiny heirlooms anyway. But people running in the most latest gear seems dumb to me. But it's just my opinion.

Its slightly better now since you can tmog level 60 sets at level 20. I dont know about lower levels though.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They greatly improved level requirements recently.

You can transmog all Vanilla gear at level 1.

TBC/Wotlk Gear at 58.

Cata/MoP gear at 80.

WoD gear at 90.

Legion gear at 98.

This is an improvement over level 60/70/80/85/90/100/110.

Most people I see out in the world don't even mog their heirlooms at all , while it's like 1 gold a piece = super cheap if its an alt.

Especially now with Holiday gear I transmog even moreso, currently Lunar dresses and flower crowns.

- - - Updated - - -

No not right out with Antorus but I was hoping to use the Avatar Raiment for my new Void priest. I guess i just never noticed the level restrictions until the Allied races.
    Avatar is Tier 5, that falls under Burning Crusade, so level 58 required, used to be 70 before 7.3.5.

To me the whole point of transmog is to make you look cool so why not let us run around with t21 sets at level 20, what difference does it make? I'm levelling a lightforged priest and at 29 I can transmog about 6 things per piece, I've never been into this whole transmog crap too much but still can't understand why we can't transmog whatever we want at any level, so what if there's a level 20 rogue or whatever running around with glaives just let us make our characters look cool and different from the start instead of everyone rocking the same purple cloth shit or ugly af yellow taint for plate and the likes. I'm stuck with ugly/boring staves when I have cool ones I won't be able to mog till 100 or so, what's the point honestly.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    To me the whole point of transmog is to make you look cool so why not let us run around with t21 sets at level 20, what difference does it make? I'm levelling a lightforged priest and at 29 I can transmog about 6 things per piece, I've never been into this whole transmog crap too much but still can't understand why we can't transmog whatever we want at any gear, so what if there's a level 20 rogue or whatever running around with glaives just let us make our characters look cool and different from the start instead of everyone rocking the same purple cloth shit or ugly af yellow taint for plate and the likes.
    If you only got 6 pieces at 29, you haven't been farming/crafting, greens/blues/vanilla stuff, or done most quests.

Now I am not telling people to do it, and Vanilla gear looks obviously fairly old in most cases when it's not from a raid, cata questing did add some armors with better resolution but only like a few color variants.

I agree that level requirements are silly, but it's clearly redesigned recently with the new scaling brackets in mind since 7.3.5, before that, it was just the item level itself, which due to scaling isn't set in stone anymore.

Since level requirements just changed this patch, I don't think they will change it soon. And I assume artifact appearances likely will need 98 too.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-19 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    If you only got 6 pieces at 29, you haven't been farming/crafting, greens/blues/vanilla stuff, or done most quests. Now I am not telling people to do it, of course.

I agree that level requirements are silly, but it's clearly redesigned recently with the new scaling brackets in mind since 7.3.5, before that, it was just the item level itself, which due to scaling isn't set in stone anymore.

Since level requirements just changed this patch, I don't think they will change it soon. And I assume artifact appearances likely will need 98 too.
    You're right I do almost zero farming for transmog gear, but even if I did all I would be able to use was the dog shit lowbie gear, whole point of transmogging is for a bit of fun, at least to me, so having level 20 priests running around in t6 gear etc makes zero difference to the game itself. Just find it crazy we have amazing gear for a priest yet its locked away till almost max level, makes zero sense to me.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Just find it crazy we have amazing gear for a priest yet its locked away till almost max level, makes zero sense to me.
    Weird part is , some pure transmog sets like Trial of Style are level 1... Trial of Valor set uses to be level 1 too, but they eventually made that 98, no idea why.

Heritage armor shouldn't have been race restricted either, and be level 1 for everyone, at least give people some more use out of it. It still gives the message "that player leveled a nightborne to 110".

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Weird part is , some pure transmog sets like Trial of Style are level 1... Trial of Valor set uses to be level 1 too, but they eventually made that 98, no idea why.

Heritage armor shouldn't have been race restricted either, and be level 1 for everyone, at least give people some more use out of it. It still gives the message "that player leveled a nightborne to 110".
    It's to encourage you to spend more time on a character instead of being satisfied with low levels stuff.

If you haven't figured it out by now, the name of the game is increasing MAUs.EVERYTHING is bent towards that end.

As the title suggests;

Well they relaxed the transmog level requirements some this last patch.

Level 1-60 can use any transmog with a cap of Level 60 (Classic).
    Level 61-80 can use any transmog with a cap of Level 80 (Wrath).
    Level 81-90 can use any transmog with a cap of Level 90 (MoP).
    Level 91-100 can use any transmog with a cap of Level 100 (WoD)

Well, i love what they did with this new scaling, Now you can wear Tier 1 & 2 from lvl 1, that is a very nice change, at lvl 58 you can use anything all the way up until 80, So you have massive amounts of options now compared to before scaling

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz