Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thinking of Play Spriest

Hey guys I have been bouncing around different classes lately...kind of bored to be honest. I haven't really touched my Spreist since a little leveling in MOP I think....he's roughly lvl 96. So down to the question, how are Spriests doing in PvP and mythic+ content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Hey guys I have been bouncing around different classes lately...kind of bored to be honest. I haven't really touched my Spreist since a little leveling in MOP I think....he's roughly lvl 96. So down to the question, how are Spriests doing in PvP and mythic+ content?
    From a 5/11m 965+ priest it’s alright but really hard work and painful pugging when guildies aren’t on. A 950 ww monk destroys me in every dungeon on dps and have to link everything possible to get into groups

Deleted
    I'll tell you why I am not playing spriest: it's hard work and lots of stress to do the same dps half the classes in this game get from 2 buttons.

Depends on how you want to play mythic+, if you want to push for the highest possible keys or if you are just okay being some-what acceptable around 15's.

In PvP they're... okay. In random pugging BG's and random arenas I'm doing okay, but I don't take PvP seriously.
    For keystones, you lack any major cooldown besides maybe mindbomb, and you really need to know your class inside and out for a tyrannical boss and perform well. For trash you're decent, but there's several classes who can do better.
    For raids, they'll always be needed.

People saying you need to play perfectly every single time, I disagree. I mean you do, but they are not a super hard class to play. They're pretty scripted, and if you don't have the legendary belt in legion you end up lacking big time.

I'm going to play spriest because I have a ton of fun playing them this expansion around. I was happy to hear the insanity resource and gameplay was staying because I'm going to dedicate on my spriest 100%.

In pvp, you either have a ton of fun and freecast, doing top dps ez. Or you get focused by three melee the entire time and just want to cry.
    In pve, its a lot of fun in raiding, but its super gear dependent. You're not going to do good dps til you're like 945+ with the right trinkets, leggos and stats. In low keys, its a pain since your dps is ramp up and everyone's just gonna burst down the adds before you get done dotting. A little better in higher keys, but you're still going to get destroyed in dps by a warrior or monk.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys thanks for the input. I have been an afflock most of the xpac so I was hoping the transition and gameplay to a degree would be similar. With reading through the forums and talking with others in game it sounds like Spriest, especially with the melee meta in PvP, just isn't in a great spot. I know when I am PvPing I focus hard on Spriests so they cannot free cast. I will probably roll a new alt one since my other is sitting alliance and I rolled back to horde to play with friends, and level him up to cap incase I have any desire to play one in BfA. I appreciate everyone who took the time to reply to my thread.