Disengage in BFA

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, so I was curious if it is that nobody noticed, or just that nobody cares:

Cooldown of Disengage
    WoD - 10 seconds (with talent)
    Legion - 20 seconds (also a massive distance nerf)
    BFA - 30 Seconds

It isn't the end of the world, but for me, this spell is the funnest part of the class, and I don't like this trend at all.

PS the Legion/BFA Farstrider talent is unreliable in combat, worthless out of combat, and just generally feels awful.
    Last edited by Malmmoc; 2018-02-19 at 10:09 PM.

Should still be on a 20s cooldown, since http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=231549/disengage is listed in class spells.
    They nerfed Posthaste hough to 50% for 4 sec instead of 60% for 6 sec.

There's probably some equivalent of Draenor perks or Artifact traits that reduces the cooldown. Not really worth worrying about this early out.

Way too soon to discuss anything at this point. As mentioned we'll likely get some form of traits like the Artfiact currently has in regards to the CD reduction, or not. Either way, still too early to go hands in the air over. But I agree on the trend, getting nerfed every expansion is kinda whack, but what can we do. Lets hope the future of the Beta sheds more hopeful light in the weeks/months to come.

Wait for 9.0 : Disengage will be allowed twice during the whole expansion.

Deleted
    They changed Harpoon from not having charges to have 1 charge. Maybe they'll do the same with disengage.

You were having fun with one disengage, now get ready for double disengage.

Deleted
    Glyph that allows you to jump forwards would be nice. I always thought the backwards jump is clunky.

5+ Year Old Account
    Really wish Blizz would figure out a system like what City of Heroes had. Every ability has its PvE tuning and its PvP tuning and you can tweak each as you will without screwing the other. Sucks for PvE people when some douche figures out a way to cheese something in BGs and then the whole class gets nerfed for it.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    They changed Harpoon from not having charges to have 1 charge. Maybe they'll do the same with disengage.

You were having fun with one disengage, now get ready for double disengage.
    You mean like back when Hunter had Readiness and could Disengage>Readiness>Disengage? :P

Deleted
    I will sound like a noob now, but...
    Whats the difference between harpoon having 1 charge and being simply on a single cooldown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anonimas12 View Post
    Whats the difference between harpoon having 1 charge and being simply on a single cooldown
    I think you can unlock more charges later on with Azerite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anonimas12 View Post
    There is no difference between having one charge and a regular cooldown (IIRC it even just shows up as a regular cooldown in-game). It just means that Blizzard is planning on having something that adds more charges available during the expansion--Azerite sounds likely, but none of those bonuses have been revealed yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Way too soon to discuss anything at this point. As mentioned we'll likely get some form of traits like the Artfiact currently has in regards to the CD reduction, or not. Either way, still too early to go hands in the air over. But I agree on the trend, getting nerfed every expansion is kinda whack, but what can we do. Lets hope the future of the Beta sheds more hopeful light in the weeks/months to come.
    You realise that this type of answer is the exact same as the age old "its alpha" nonsense?

For starters you only get like 9 azerite traits, considering the azerite traits are supposed to be a replacement for tier sets, artifact traits, utility benefits, character progression, changes to how your rotation work etc etc that's not enough to cover every single concern and feedback people post with this blanket response.

This is a straight up nerf to mobility for whatever reason, it's not oh here we nerfed this but you can get it back to normal via traits, or maybe it is considering how they are taking baseline stuff and making it talents yet again, it's a stupid decision and a nerf for no good aparrant reason and should be discussed early.

"but what can we do"

Honestly, this thread is the exact type of thing that is needed and what you do in alphas, you have your feedback and concerns be posted BEFORE things become concrete, speculate, discuss, not let's discuss it during live when it's final and the same type of nonsense gets posted "you should have spoke up in alpha".
    Every single time on a build up to an expansion we see the same boring repetitive nonsense and people never learn.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-04 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    I haven't seen anyone talking about this, so I was curious if it is that nobody noticed, or just that nobody cares:

Cooldown of Disengage
    WoD - 10 seconds (with talent)
    Legion - 20 seconds (also a massive distance nerf)
    BFA - 30 Seconds

It isn't the end of the world, but for me, this spell is the funnest part of the class, and I don't like this trend at all.

PS the Legion/BFA Farstrider talent is unreliable in combat, worthless out of combat, and just generally feels awful.
    From what I understand its only 30sec cooldown for Survival. for MM and BM its still 20sec - u can see in the list of spells in the talent calculator that MM & BM have a passive that reduce the cd of Disengage by 10sec - https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/231549-disengage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    From what I understand its only 30sec cooldown for Survival. for MM and BM its still 20sec - u can see in the list of spells in the talent calculator that MM & BM have a passive that reduce the cd of Disengage by 10sec - https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/231549-disengage
    Perfect, still concerned about post haste competing with binding shot though, they have both been mandatory for me.

i suspect that the new azerite armor will have a trait that will reduce it's CD