Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza

To win this, do i need fishing maxed? If anyone have any advice to get win this please let me know. I am trying to get the heirloom ring rewarded from this even. Thank you.

Deleted
    nah you just have to fish during when the world quest is up, i'm pretty sure they changed it so everyone can get a reward from it, regardless of how many people hand it in, just have to complete it within the timer of the event

First of all, it's important to know that you're only competing against your own realm, so don't worry about all the people you're seeing in the zones.

Basically you'll want to bind your hearthstone to booty bay for a quick turn in. Then you should probably learn the Find Fish skill to easily find the fishing schools. That's it for preparation.

As for the competition, just try to find schools of fish that nobody else is fishing from. Your skill doesn't matter as you'll only be fishing from schools. I usually try to fish around the small maelstrom on the border between northern and southern STV. Get 40 fish asap then HS and turn in. I suggest you do it on a PvE server as ganking can be a problem otherwise.

*edit* turns out I'm wrong, did not know it was changed in Legion. Apparently the first 50 turn-ins of the region(?) get their choice of rewards and achievement now as opposed to it being realm dependent before. My mistake.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2018-02-20 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    To win this, do i need fishing maxed? If anyone have any advice to get win this please let me know. I am trying to get the heirloom ring rewarded from this even. Thank you.
    You just need to be fast, I believe ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So glad I did this ages ago. Tip be a druid instant flight form saves lot of time.