Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    There’s nothing to disagree with. The Blood Elves on the Horde are there for game balance reasons. To put them on both sides puts this in jeopardy, which is why it has not happened yet and you got a compromise instead.

There is no opinion involved here.
    Okay

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Well, in that video that many keep referencing as confirmation from Ion that High Elves are Blood Elves, Ion has also said that High Elves have no major settlements. So it can be explained by one of these three options: 1)Ion wasn't actually claiming that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same, 2) Silvermoon doesn't exist, or 3) Ion is one of the most inept game directors ever (for not knowing about the existence of a major city in his own game). So, what is it?
    I can't speak for Ion, but I doubt he's inept. I would assert that his position dictates so, and that any poster on MMO-C is infinitely less qualified to speak on the matter. People do make mistakes, and to label someone inept for making a mistake on a live stream is a really ridiculous thing to do. I don't need Ion Hazzikostas to confirm or deny whether High Elves are Blood Elves or not, however. It's a fact of the lore that he didn't write or conceive, and like I said in my original post, not up for debate. The whiny OP just needs to tone down his nerd-rage for a bit a realize how wrong he is. End of story, end of thread.

High Elves are Blood Elves, and since there are very few "High Elves" left, I stand by my stance that they'll never be a playable race for the Alliance. You got Void Elves, suck it up. At this point it would be ridiculous to add a third elven race to the Alliance.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-04-05 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I can't speak for Ion, but I doubt he's inept. I would assert that his position dictates so, and that any poster on MMO-C is infinitely less qualified to speak on the matter. People do make mistakes, and to label someone inept for making a mistake on a live stream is a really ridiculous thing to do. I don't need Ion Hazzikostas to confirm or deny whether High Elves are Blood Elves or not, however. It's a fact of the lore that he didn't write or conceive, and like I said in my original post, not up for debate. The whiny OP just needs to tone down his nerd-rage for a bit a realize how wrong he is. End of story, end of thread.

High Elves are Blood Elves, and since there are very few "High Elves" left, I stand by my stance that they'll never be a playable race for the Alliance. You got Void Elves, suck it up. At this point it would be ridiculous to add a third elven race to the Alliance.
    Wait, if you carefully read my post, then you'll see that I've never called him inept. And does your post mean that you are choosing option 3 and that Ion just made a mistake of forgetting about Silvermoon or what are you talking about?

Wait, if you carefully read my post, then you'll see that I've never called him inept. And does your post mean that you are choosing option 3 and that Ion just made a mistake of forgetting about Silvermoon or what are you talking about?
    You're intentionally misinterpreting his statement. You know what he said, and you know that he meant that blood elves and high elves had no significant differences. You can try to pick that statement apart for what those hypothetical differences might be in hopes of exaggerating them into a new race, but it's pointless. His intention was to explain why they weren't on the table for allied races. After all, that was the question he was answering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    You're intentionally misinterpreting his statement. You know what he said, and you know that he meant that blood elves and high elves had no significant differences. You can try to pick that statement apart for what those hypothetical differences might be in hopes of exaggerating them into a new race, but it's pointless. His intention was to explain why they weren't on the table for allied races. After all, that was the question he was answering.
    No, it's other people who are intentionally misinterpreting his statement and exaggerate it to push their agenda and all I am doing is calling them out on it. I myself fully understand that Ion's statement meant that at that point High Elves weren't planned and I fully understand Ion's reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I disagree
    Well Blizzard disagrees with you

This topic needs to die. But apparently the forum mods at Blizzard are biased towards Alliance because they defend the topics by not deleting them and banning people who call them out on the crap.

People keep trying to argue facts. All Blood Elves are High Elves. No High Elf is a Blood Elf.
    Look at any WoW wiki article about it. Something like all but 1% of the HEs were killed off. Of that 1%, 90% of them became Blood Elves (in name) to honor their fallen and as a remembrance of the past. That leaves something like .1% of the population of HEs (in name) around.
    So, Ion's statement is correct. BEs are HEs. HEs do not have any major cities, towns, settlements as the few remaining are off doing their own thing.
    Now, Blizzard could do a retcon or update the lore and state that over time they formed a place for themselves and slowly rebuilt their population, but barring this idea, people arguing for HEs on Alliance are arguing futilely.

only solution => HALF Elves, children of the few survivors in Stormwind
    more buff than BE, less buff than SW humans
    ok Arathor or whatever his name is made with a BE skin but that's easily updated when the new model is done

if a half dozen changed Void Elf can become a playable race, everything crawling arround can be too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Well Blizzard disagrees with you
    Yes sadly

I carefully read your post. You didn't call him inept, but you proposed it. Your other "explanations" are completely unbelievable, so they're irrelevant to me.

Do I believe Ion is inept? No, he's the lead designer of the game.

I'm not choosing any option you propose because they're all rather inept. I choose the option that's true: High Elves won't be a playable race because 99% of them converted to Blood Elves.

I wouldn't try to push your nonsense on anyone while condescending anymore. From what I've seen, it's not your strong suit.

Deleted
    I carefully read your post. You didn't call him inept, but you proposed it. Your other "explanations" are completely unbelievable, so they're irrelevant to me.

Do I believe Ion is inept? No, he's the lead designer of the game.

I'm not choosing any option you propose because they're all rather inept. I choose the option that's true: High Elves won't be a playable race because 99% of them converted to Blood Elves.

1% is still bigger than the population of Void Elves before they became a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post

1% is still bigger than the population of Void Elves before they became a race.
    You aren't wrong.

The idea that the Alliance would get a race that's identical to a current Horde race holds a 0% chance, though. I also believe that's the reason the Alliance got the atrocious Void Elves in the first place.

I call it justice.

Deleted
    No, I did not propose that he is inept, I guess your bias affects your reading comprehension skills.

I was speaking solely about what Ion has said and meant in that interview and nothing else. If it doesn't matter to you what Ion has said back then then don't argue about it.

I wouldn't try to push your nonsense on anyone while condescending anymore.
    I was not condescending to you here. I genuinely didn't fully get why exactly did you start arguing about Ion's ineptness and how it was relevant to my post that you quoted. Now I get that it wasn't.

No, I did not propose that he is inept, I guess your bias affects your reading comprehension skills.
    My reading comprehension skills? Did you forget you said this:

Well, in that video that many keep referencing as confirmation from Ion that High Elves are Blood Elves, Ion has also said that High Elves have no major settlements. So it can be explained by one of these three options: 1)Ion wasn't actually claiming that High Elves and Blood Elves are the same, 2) Silvermoon doesn't exist, or 3) Ion is one of the most inept game directors ever (for not knowing about the existence of a major city in his own game). So, what is it?
    I bolded the parts where you said his words could be explained by those three proposed possibilities. I hope you comprehend this by now...

Regardless of my bias, I think you don't even understand what you wrote. Bold move of you to assert I don't comprehend when you don't even understand what you say on the internet. I'm not at all surprised.

Deleted

I bolded the parts where you said his words could be explained by those three proposed possibilities. I hope you comprehend this by now...

Regardless of my bias, I think you don't even understand what you wrote. Bold move of you to assert I don't comprehend when you don't even understand what you say on the internet. I'm not at all surprised.
    Wow, you even quoted and bolded my post. Do you believe that because I've given 3 options, it means that all 3 option are valid in my opinion? Or did you just assume that option 3 is my implied choice based literally on nothing but your bias and hence I proposed that Ion is inept? Really amazing reading comprehension skills you have there. Heck, from the way I wrote these three options it's pretty damn obvious what is actually my implied option and I'll give you a hint: it's not the third one. It would be obvious for anyone, but, I guess, you are not "anyone".

10+ Year Old Account

This topic came back to life again? Pity. I enjoy when the High Elf discussions die. Leaves room for better topics.

Still, I like your comments. It is imperative to trust the developers when they say something, because otherwise we could believe them on nothing.

The fact that every single official statement ever uttered by Blizzard on this topic supports the no High Elf stance just makes the job easier.

Wow, you even quoted and bolded my post. Do you believe that because I've given 3 options, it means that all 3 option are valid in my opinion? Or did you just assume that option 3 is my implied choice based literally on nothing but your bias and hence I proposed that Ion is inept? Really amazing reading comprehension skills you have there. Heck, from the way I wrote these three options it's pretty damn obvious what is actually my implied option and I'll give you a hint: it's not the third one. It would be obvious for anyone, but, I guess, you are not "anyone".
    None of what you said negates the fact that you proposed Ion is inept, and that's why he said the statement. I've only ever claimed you proposed the idea, and yet you're reading between some imaginary lines and jumping to conclusions. And here we are, with the stereotypical "You must lack reading comprehension" insults when you yourself have failed over and over again to understand what I'm typing to you.

I never said you believed it.

I never said it was what you thought.

I said you proposed it. Nothing more.

You keep accusing me of some bias that doesn't even exist. I don't think you know what that word means. What am I biased towards? That Ion isn't an idiot? If that's what you're implying, then no shit Sherlock. I admitted it several times. I've made my point quite clear to you three times. At this point, talking to you any further is a waste of my time. I know exactly what to do with you.

Deleted
    None of what you said negates the fact that you proposed Ion is inept, and that's why he said the statement. I've only ever claimed you proposed the idea, and yet you're reading between some imaginary lines and jumping to conclusions. And here we are, with the stereotypical "You must lack reading comprehension" insults when you yourself have failed over and over again to understand what I'm typing to you.

I never said you believed it.

I never said it was what you thought.

I said you proposed it. Nothing more.

You keep accusing me of some bias that doesn't even exist. I don't think you know what that word means. What am I biased towards? That Ion isn't an idiot? If that's what you're implying, then no shit Sherlock. I admitted it several times. I've made my point quite clear to you three times. At this point, talking to you any further is a waste of my time. I know exactly what to do with you.
    What you did was seriously arguing about something that was not meant to be taken seriously in the first place. That fact that you did and still do even after I already pointed it out (like here: "What am I biased towards? That Ion isn't an idiot?") speaks volumes. So if you can't read, then I am not going to argue with you any further.