Thread: Prot in bfa

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    changes to make prot better
    0. IP off GCD
    1. buff shield slam dmg
    2. make revenge give rage when procc'd and also do more dmg
    3. Give thunderclap bleed dmg
    4. Just make devastator talent baseline b/c devastate is pointless.

Edit
    5. Make heroic leap do more than 5 dmg, God, at least let me use that spell to get some aggro.

Edit2
    6. Give me my Glyph of Thunder Strike back! https://www.wowhead.com/item=49084/g...thunder-strike
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2018-08-17 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    @Ivanstone, I agree it should be off the GCD, I also think prot AM should be reverted to MoP. i'm just pointing out a change it mindset that can help you cope and rage less.

I meant shield slam instead of shield block, edited.
    Well, I do try to work IP in at the expense of Dev as well but then my mind starts thinking of other things.

On your priority list, you have Dev on step 6 but its more realistically at step 8 since we have 3 separate cooldowns on the GCD plus intercept, intimidating shout and shockwave. In PvP we have Shield Bash too. That's one skill that's pushed way down the list. I can't think of another tank that has a rotational ability like that (Prot does have relatively short cooldowns though). Back in the day, your were using it at least once every 6s, a bit less in AOE.

Devastate, back in the day when you didn't have to spam thunder clap like a mongoloid b/c it had a bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Devastate, back in the day when you didn't have to spam thunder clap like a mongoloid b/c it had a bleed.
    That but I think it also had a longer cooldown and you were less likely to use as much Haste since Crit was more competitive for both DPS and mitigation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hardly ever have need to use Devastate anymore with my gear haste/vers. Just gonna tclap instead or use revenge/AM if shield slams not up already before that.

Deleted
    Prot aoe dps feel way too good atm, but since prot dont have cr or grip I dont think high end m+ teams will still want to use prot instead of dk. I wouldnt be surprised if aoe dps was nerfed for prot because blizzard tend to see one aspect of warrior is good at and nerf it soon as its good at something, so enjoy while it last we will be bottom tier soon again.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Prot aoe dps feel way too good atm, but since prot dont have cr or grip I dont think high end m+ teams will still want to use prot instead of dk. I wouldnt be surprised if aoe dps was nerfed for prot because blizzard tend to see one aspect of warrior is good at and nerf it soon as its good at something, so enjoy while it last we will be bottom tier soon again.
    LOL then we would be trash tier single target and trash tier aoe. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biccuito View Post
    If you need help a basic engage should be Intercept > Avatar > Demoralizing shout > Shield Block > Shield Slam then you want to user Thunder Clap and Shield slam when they come off CD, revenge only if it's free or you don't need to dump rage into IP. Spam devastate when you have nothing else to press, use the devastate times to also drop an IP, it doesn't stack like it used to so you don't need to be trying to get mega shields out of it. Then Demoralizing shout and Avatar on cooldown.
    Do you have really patient DPS in your groups or so?

If I charge in, and then spend 2 GCDs popping Avatar and Demo shout thereafter, by the time I I'm able to start hitting other buttons half the mobs are running in opposite directions towards the mage and the hunter, and the rogue has been globalled already after pulling aggro on the other half. I've found the booming voice talent a lot less useful than people say here simple cause I don't have the GCDs to use demo shout on pulls. By the time I do, the mobs are already all over the place.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Use Avatar before you charge, then Demo after a TC.

it is just that our class takes skill, for the braindead bear druid exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Use Avatar before you charge, then Demo after a TC.
    I was specifically questioning the opener posted by the particular user. Avatar (pre-pull) -> Charge -> TC is my own opener already, yeah.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

pre-avatar if you want to beat the dps on trash that will die in about 10-15 seconds.

Against boss you want max uptime on Demo Shout. Don't pre Avatar as you will lose out on extensions with Deafening Crash TC casts. Charge > SS > Avatar > Demo Shout > TC.