Compare WoW's content to one ESO DLC

How do you feel about this?

Do you think Blizzard should put as much effort into releasing content which offers new types of gameplay such as this? (ex: expeditions in BFA)

Or should they focus on releasing more dungeons and raids with the typical learn the strategy defeat the boss each week gameplay?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26447

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What works for one game may not work for the other - there are different playerbases playing.

WoW's vocal players focus on raid instances.

Hm.. Let's see. First DLC since latest expansion gives two short dungeons.

First patch after Legion gave a short raid and a long ass dungeon.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Do you think Blizzard should put as much effort into releasing content which offers new types of gameplay such as this?

Or should they focus on releasing more dungeons and raids with the typical learn the strategy defeat the boss each week gameplay?
    Uh... they already have the dungeons and raids down.

So are you asking for more modes, like past versions? Scenarios, Brawler's guild, Proving Grounds, Troves of the Thunder King, Garrison Invasions, Invasion Points, Island Invasions...

Newer versions? Dueler's guild, Island Expeditions, Warfronts...
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wolfhunter is a really bad example. Very few people bother with ESO's dungeon DLC due to rampant overtuning and the skill gap between players.

When it comes to story DLC however I've never been disappointed. Closest to a disappointment I got was Morrowind because I didn't like the flora aesthetics as much as in the original, nor did I like being forced to side with filthy slaves.

Can't say the same for WoW though, WoD, Legion and BfA have all disappointed me, especially in the story and lore department.

All that said, both games are aimed at different target audiences. I simply can't sink as much time into ESO as I can into WoW since I chew through the content like butter. If I could then I'd be using ESO as my main 'comfort game', not WoW.

ESO has better content than WoW, but it doesn't have as much.

This is because ESO doesn't have a mandatory subscription, so they put more effort into their DLC to get revenue. WoW on the other hand does have a mandatory subscription, so it focuses on quantity to keep it's players subscribed through the months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wolfhunter is a really bad example. Very few people bother with ESO's dungeon DLC due to rampant overtuning and the skill gap between players.

When it comes to story DLC however I've never been disappointed. Closest to a disappointment I got was Morrowind because I didn't like the flora aesthetics as much as in the original, nor did I like being forced to side with filthy slaves.

Can't say the same for WoW though, WoD, Legion and BfA have all disappointed me, especially in the story and lore department.

All that said, both games are aimed at different target audiences. I simply can't sink as much time into ESO as I can into WoW since I chew through the content like butter. If I could then I'd be using ESO as my main 'comfort game', not WoW.

ESO has better content than WoW, but it doesn't have as much.

This is because ESO doesn't have a mandatory subscription, so they put more effort into their DLC to get revenue. WoW on the other hand does have a mandatory subscription, so it focuses on quantity to keep it's players subscribed through the months.
    By all means, tell us how BFA ends.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    By all means, tell us how BFA ends.
    Doesn't matter how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Doesn't matter how it ends.
    If I tossed out every book that had a first chapter I didn't enjoy, I'd have missed out on a lot of good books.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    If I tossed out every book that had a first chapter I didn't enjoy, I'd have missed out on a lot of good books.
    It's not about simply not enjoying it. If this were a book then the first chapter is badly written and the book is from a series known for being really shite, especially when it comes to endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    How do you feel about this?

Do you think Blizzard should put as much effort into releasing content which offers new types of gameplay such as this? (ex: expeditions in BFA)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26447
    hey look, he got banned again. shocker.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hey look, he got banned again. shocker.
    After like 3rd ban mods should ban people permanently. Or make 'special' subforum for them, this would be entertaining to read.