Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I have 2.0.3 as well, on android, and it works. Just a bug with the sound always being on, even though it's toggled off. I need to toggle it on and off and then sound's gone again.

So just to be sure I'm talking about the correct thing... When in the 'world map' screen I click the icon next to my character's name and get a dropdown with the last two characters I used in the app (maybe you get more if you have more eligible chars?) and a big 'log out' button on the bottom. I then click the name of another char, it goes to a screen saying 'connecting' and 'cancel' and then it logs to the 'world map' of that other char. No logging out required.
    Ah, you misunderstand the issue. That "log out" button used to be "change character" and instead of logging you out, it would bring up a list of all your characters to pick from so you weren't constrained to the last 2 used.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Not sure why, other than increasing account log in numbers, they'd do this.
    And there we have it.

Blizzard could actually send a representative around to people's homes to shit on their carpet, and when they complained about it on the forums people on here would say "so what, don't like it get another carpet, smh lmao".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Ah, you misunderstand the issue. That "log out" button used to be "change character" and instead of logging you out, it would bring up a list of all your characters to pick from so you weren't constrained to the last 2 used.
    Ah! That explains it. I don't have more then 3 chars who have followers, so I didn't notice this change. Thanks for clearing it up!

Blizzard: Fixed a bug. The WOW app was too user-friendly.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's an inconvenience, to be sure. Not sure why, other than increasing account log in numbers, they'd do this.
    that literally changes nothing? So people trying to say it inflates monthly users. i dont... what?
    its mostly because forcing people to log out and back in prob takes up less bandwith then just switching charecters, and with it becoming useless in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizzard makes a change, people QQ. Wow, shocking.

Honestly it sounds more like they fucked up and broke the switch button and sold it as a feature

To clear things up for people (and give my own experience)...

1. The app was updated again (this is at least the third time since Tuesday) sometime Thursday afternoon/evening PT.
    2. This update did not fix anything I can see. An earlier update fixed the new icons for resources and essences.
    3. If you have three or fewer characters to swap around, the app works fine.
    4. The app replaced the change character option with Log Out. This requires the user wanting to change to any character other than the three listed to log out of the game/app (app still running, just not logged in) and log back in.
    5. When logging back in, what I get is "Unable to contact battle.net, tap anywhere to retry". From there, it logs back in, but I'm on the map screen for one of the three chars in the list.

Conclusions:
    1. The app was changed intentionally for some unknown reason (see the tweet referenced in the OP).
    2. Blizzard is actively working to resolve a number of issues (see the multiple updates since Tuesday).
    3. Anyone who is fine swapping between just three characters is working fine.
    4. People needing to swap between more than three characters are, in at least some cases, unable to do so.
    5. (Personal Opinion) The Log Out/Log In method to poor design and should not have been changed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that literally changes nothing? So people trying to say it inflates monthly users. i dont... what?
    its mostly because forcing people to log out and back in prob takes up less bandwith then just switching charecters, and with it becoming useless in a few weeks.
    So you don't know either, and throw out a 'less bandwith' idea that is more far fetched than my tin foil hat too tight idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    And there we have it.

Blizzard could actually send a representative around to people's homes to shit on their carpet, and when they complained about it on the forums people on here would say "so what, don't like it get another carpet, smh lmao".
    So you have no clue why they did the change, and felt the need to make an idiotic claim about Blizzard crapping on carpet. Got it.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you don't know either, and throw out a 'less bandwith' idea that is more far fetched than my tin foil hat too tight idea.

- - - Updated - - -

So you have no clue why they did the change, and felt the need to make an idiotic claim about Blizzard crapping on carpet. Got it.
    You know no more then me, im simply stating logical reasons it may, why i said "Prob" as it probably.
    Since you know no more then me, so we can only assume, and again its a service going to be mostly useless in 3 weeks, and it is their FREE service.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Blizzard makes a change, people QQ. Wow, shocking.
    Some changes deserve QQ.

Generally speaking, ones that remove benefits (however small) and increase drawbacks (however small) for no reason whatsoever.

And in particular, this one.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You know no more then me, im simply stating logical reasons it may, why i said "Prob" as it probably.
    Since you know no more then me, so we can only assume, and again its a service going to be mostly useless in 3 weeks, and it is their FREE service.
    I've got a feeling a lot of people will be using that app for a long time, hunting the elusive paragon box mounts.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've got a feeling a lot of people will be using that app for a long time, hunting the elusive paragon box mounts.
    Blizz will most likely stop supporting it, because with legion no longer the current expansion they will wish to stop wasting bandwidth on the program. So as i said earlier, they are most likely lowering down usage.

The hammer has been changed so that the metal head has been removed.
    This was an intentional change, but I am not explaining why.
    You can still use it just like before, though! Just pick one end of the wooden handle to hit nails with.
    It will take you much much longer to do exactly what you were doing before...and it will make you hate even picking the thing up.
    But everything's fine and you're just a whiner if you complain!

The logout/login to switch characters does not work, though. I cannot get it to do so. I am stuck on the same three characters no matter what I do. And it doesn't keep sound preferences now, either. So it's a bit more useless overall.

Can any of the white knights who want to describe this as a perfectly normal change rather than deliberately breaking the app suggest a reason for this change? Other than deliberately making it more frustrating and time-consuming to manage a large stable of alts, in order to discourage people from bothering to do so?

My app just got an update and the "feature" has been reverted. It's been fixed bois.

UPDATE:

ItzaliWoW posted today on Twitter that they're working on a fix (albeit no ETA):

"@ItzaliW: [Mobile App] Hello Everyone! Just to give you all an update, we are currently working on a fix for this issue. I don't a solid ETA on when this will be up, but I will update the forums when available for download. Thank you for your patience."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRigo View Post
    UPDATE:

ItzaliWoW posted today on Twitter that they're working on a fix (albeit no ETA):

"@ItzaliW: [Mobile App] Hello Everyone! Just to give you all an update, we are currently working on a fix for this issue. I don't a solid ETA on when this will be up, but I will update the forums when available for download. Thank you for your patience."
    New version available (for iOS atleast) is out and Logout-button is changed to Character List button..

It does pay off to complain
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I would probably be outraged if I still used it but there are no gold rewards anymore so I'm not that mad.
    However, I guess this will transition to the new app for BfA and that is a problem.
    That would be it for "alt friendly" gameplay.
    S.H.