Deleted

How do Dungeon/Raid mount drops work on personal/legacy loot?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is even known but I was hoping to get some insight here. So since Prepatch Legacy Loot has been activated which allows you to get all the loot (depending on dungeon/raid size) when doing a dungeon/raid alone more than 10 levels below your level. My question is does this increase the chance of getting any of the old dungeon mounts (Zulgurub or Stone Core for example). Let's say the mount has a 1% drop, does that mean 1% personal or 1% for the entire party? And does Legacy Loot have effect on the drop chance of those old dungeons now?

Or is it simple, and is it 1% on Personal (before Legacy was introduced) and 1% on Legacy (right now)?

What about soloing Guldan during BfA which drops the Green Infernal? As you might know NH won't be Legacy Loot until the expansion after BfA, will because of no Legacy and forced personal the drop chance on the mount a lot lower than it would have been on master loot?

As far as I know, it's a 1% chance to drop.
    Personal loot gives you a 20% chance to get loot from the kills.

So I would assume you have a 20% chance to get a 1% chance of a mount on personal loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaia View Post
    As far as I know, it's a 1% chance to drop.
    Personal loot gives you a 20% chance to get loot from the kills.

So I would assume you have a 20% chance to get a 1% chance of a mount on personal loot.
    Considering you can get a loot piece and the mount I seriously doubt this

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Considering you can get a loot piece and the mount I seriously doubt this
    If you assume to know how it works already, or know how it doesn't work, why bother asking the question?

Edit: Personal loot is a 20% chance to get loot to drop. That's how it works. Legacy loot just means you can solo and it treats it as master loot, so it has a 100% chance to drop x amount of loot (2-3 pieces for a 10 man? 5 for Mythic?) for the setting it's on. Personal loot only drops gear your character can use, legacy/master loot drops any gear from the loot table.
    Last edited by Manaia; 2018-07-22 at 03:13 AM.

I'd say it's just like any other bit of personal loot out there, like Pantheon trinkets, Taeshalach, Charhound, etc.

Loot is handled on its own. Maybe you get some, maybe you don't, or you get the certain amount from Legacy mode.
    Then there's a 1% chance or something like that to get that extra item.

You could go in and not get a single piece of loot due to being unlucky but that won't stop a mount or the like from suddenly appearing in your inventory.

And what about mounts such as the one from HFC and BRF mythic? Can you get those now? They only dropped on Group Loot rules previously, but now that group loot no longer exists, can you not get them until they are 'legacy'?

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is even known but I was hoping to get some insight here. So since Prepatch Legacy Loot has been activated which allows you to get all the loot (depending on dungeon/raid size) when doing a dungeon/raid alone more than 10 levels below your level. My question is does this increase the chance of getting any of the old dungeon mounts (Zulgurub or Stone Core for example). Let's say the mount has a 1% drop, does that mean 1% personal or 1% for the entire party? And does Legacy Loot have effect on the drop chance of those old dungeons now?

Or is it simple, and is it 1% on Personal (before Legacy was introduced) and 1% on Legacy (right now)?

What about soloing Guldan during BfA which drops the Green Infernal? As you might know NH won't be Legacy Loot until the expansion after BfA, will because of no Legacy and forced personal the drop chance on the mount a lot lower than it would have been on master loot?
    Soloing Guldan Normal or Heroic has the same chance since the Green mount was literally always personal loot. The Red mount would be personal anyway just like farming Lich King

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    Soloing Guldan Normal or Heroic has the same chance since the Green mount was literally always personal loot.
    Not true, Green Infernal is special, is not personal loot and is not like ToS Serpent or Antorus Hounds mount. 2 Weeks before prepatch we got it on master loot on Mythic and we had to roll for it

The green infernal is a bitch for sure. It has a 1% chance to drop from guldan, regardless of raid size, and only 1 can drop. So when I see these "mount farm" groups that fill the raids with 20-30 people I just facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    The green infernal is a bitch for sure. It has a 1% chance to drop from guldan, regardless of raid size, and only 1 can drop. So when I see these "mount farm" groups that fill the raids with 20-30 people I just facepalm.
    Because every single one of them has the chance to get a personal loot mount drop so they all come because each has a chance why are you facepalming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    How do you know only 1 can drop? What is your source?

My assumption is that only 1 could drop on master loot, but each person still has that small chance to get it when its on personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaia View Post
    Personal loot only drops gear your character can use, legacy/master loot drops any gear from the loot table.
    No it doesn't..... not in low level dungeons at least.

I was awarded mail gloves as a priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Now special mount cases under normal personal loot:
    Karazhan Mount (Attumen) can be looted multiply times from the same kill but once you have it, it will never drop again for you.
    Another piece of false of information. Me and a friend were farming Attumen every week for a long time. He got the mount first, then after 1 month it dropped again for him and he could trade it to me.

This is the 2nd time somebody replying is spreading false information in this thread.

Deleted
    there is this story going around that if you kill mythic Guldan with 10 players, you only have a 50% chance to get the mount. (and 75% with 15 people, and so on). never seen it confirmed but a lot of people seem serious about it.

so that would indicate that legacy loot = 1% chance
    and non-legacy-loot = 0.05% chance if you solo.

so anyone who wants to farm guldan/argus (or HFC right now) for a mount during BFA is probably going to have a bad time.