Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    At lease in my experience heroic dungeon que times is much lower then normal.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It might be a bug man, happened to me. Leave queue and queue again, it doesn't take 3 hours and I sometimes find group in 5 minutes even tho average wait time says 45-55 minutes

Deleted
    As a tank: people are annoying, more so while leveling. In almost every group there is a joker who thinks pulling adds, instead of the tank, makes things go faster. It does not, because the mobs get spread out and doing more trash costs time. Pulling bosses is especially annoying, when you are still looking what kind of loot spec you need for the boss. DPS has one loot spec, tanks have 2-3.
    It also annoys most tanks who, like me, avoid dungeons untill they can run heroics.

PS. Also DKs who death grip on cooldown, even bosses. Make DPS die in two hits from bosses, plx.

Gotta think about the rush of people because of something new... My tank que is instant. Dps we sat in que 1 hr 10 min before I switched toons. You gotta really think about the ratio of tanks to dps. If queing is that important to you roll a hybrid class or have some friend that can fill that insta que roll for you.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Tbh, dungeons are just not good enough for levelling. They supposedly upped xp for them in a hotfix... after I finished levelling my main. Thanks Blizz. The dungeon quest only gives 600 azerite, no gear, so why would I care to rush the quest? I kept it in my log until I was max and then we cleared all the dungeons with guildies. I think we had around 5-6 groups running simultaneously all possible dungeons the last 2 days. It was super busy & active time, it felt amazing.

Then I check daily heroic, oh, there's a satchel for a tank. Queue. 2 augment runes and 900 gold. So generally they aren't any better than legion satchels and there are probably 10 better ways to farm gold if I cared to farm gold now.

Why would I spend my time running heroics when I can spend that time doing world quests for rep / azerite (at a better rate than dungeon), levelling my professions, doing the 2 questlines to unlock the 2 extra dungeons and so forth. There's tons of stuff to do and chain running dungeons aren't high prio at all.

Long dps queues are a symptom of dps checks being non existant... you find a way to have a pass/fail check on dps that others can't help a individual dps with and those numbers will drop.

I'm primarily doing quest to level and taking it slow. But I mostly tank dungeons. Current at 117 but I have done 6 dungeon runs. 2 times I didn't get any gear and the rest everything I got was worse than what I was getting as quest rewards. I see no point in queueing while leveling. Looking at loot tables everything seems limited as oppose to previous xpacs loot tables were bloated and is awful stat wise

If your queuing for normals try queuing motherlode specifically. My ques where an hour for random normal's but only like 3 minutes for motherlode specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Eh? I've had DPS queues < 10 mins after zone scaling was introduced...
    Your experience is not reflected among the general populace.

More people to ditch their DD classes and to start healing and tanking.
    The 2nd solution is Blizzard to increase the groups to 6 people with 4 DD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did my leveling and do my questing still as dps, but I'm the raid's tank so protection will be my main spec, this is what i do for dungeons.
    I suspect the dungeon queue is also longer because less people want to go tanking.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

It seems very swingy. Launch day i was getting ~30m queue times. Yesterday I queued up specifically for shrine of the storm for the quest and got a group in 5m

Deleted

Current situation

Normal dungeon queue times as a solo dps have been sub 10 minute for me. Grouped with one other dps however, I've waited well over 90 minutes (and promptly gave up). Not sure what sort of logic they're working in their queue system, but it makes very little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Levelling as a healer is for masochists only. So my Priest will remain shadow spec until he's 120, and !@#$ dungeons. They give horrible XP anyway.
    I feel the opposit. As shadow it takes too long to kill anything so I'm having problems staying alive. My damage as disc/holy isn't that much lower and I can weave in healing spells inbetween so I won't die and I have no downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    Your experience is not reflected among the general populace.
    That is not relevant to the conversation. The post I responded to stated that dungeon queues for DPS are locked at 30 mins by Blizzard to promote purchasing boosts. I was simply giving evidence that it is not true. Does not matter what the "general populace" feels. If it is systemic, then it affects everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Heroics as a tank right now are mostly very fun because the dps haven't gotten whiny and entitled yet. I had one guy complain yesterday that I pulled the "wrong" trash pack in one of the dungeons, and I just loled at him and the rest of the group did the same. But in two weeks it'll be over and dps will be back to being cunts again.
    I've gotten lucky and have been running quite a bit with my guild... open world and instances. I've only made it to 118, but am having a blast. I do miss the days of having a Blood DK Gnome to tank with, but after the WoD and Legion changes, I would have to relearn that style of tanking. But, for now, my warlock is meeting my needs for leveling and seeing the content.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    That is not relevant to the conversation. The post I responded to stated that dungeon queues for DPS are locked at 30 mins by Blizzard to promote purchasing boosts. I was simply giving evidence that it is not true. Does not matter what the "general populace" feels. If it is systemic, then it affects everyone.
    Its the entire conversation. It suggests that you fabricated a statement to fit a narrative you chose to enter a conversation with in order to exercise a contrarian compulsion. DPS do not reflect your experience, therefore it must be inaccurate.

FYI, heroic dungeon as DPS on my server (Proudmoore) was popping in 10 minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Long dps queues are a symptom of dps checks being non existant... you find a way to have a pass/fail check on dps that others can't help a individual dps with and those numbers will drop.
    You can't put harsh dps checks into content that is meant to be doable in greens by a random keyboard turner. Make content have dps checks like mythic+ and it's gonna be "omg elitism, omg I got kicked, omg I always get declined" etc. etc. So at least there's queue content (normal / hc dungeon and lfr raids) where people don't have to pass harsh checks.

Leave the hard content for m+ and higher raid difficulties. Bigger question is how to make the easy entry content more accessible to tanks and healers so they can have the same chill time as dps do in there. If we have 4 difficulties of content, that's enough to have high disparity and easy content being really easy and hard content being really challenging.