Thread: Professions....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting Flasks will be... interesting.
    The Anchor Weed (the rare plant that is needed for every flask) is very very rare...

BS belts and pants need 15 hydrocore each, which is bullshit when you have to craft the normal raid ilvl gears to get the recipe for the heroic ones. 2 weeks of full mythic dungeon gear for an ilvl 355 piece? By the time you get the "mythic" recipe you're much more likely to get the same ilvl from a warforge/titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I guess I'm not the only one who gave up bothering with professions in Legion, because of how tedious it was for how little benefit it gave. Not to mention that if you amassed garrison gold in WoD, you could just buy everything from AH cheap anyway.

Maybe too many people abandoned their professions in Legion so they decided to make them less time consuming in hopes that more people will utilize them.
    Less time consuming isn't the issue its viability and usefulness. Why do any work on something that in the end is worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    BS belts and pants need 15 hydrocore each, which is bullshit when you have to craft the normal raid ilvl gears to get the recipe for the heroic ones. 2 weeks of full mythic dungeon gear for an ilvl 355 piece? By the time you get the "mythic" recipe you're much more likely to get the same ilvl from a warforge/titanforge.
    Case in point...
    Hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Yeah i bought a ton of ore and started leveling up my BS before i realised it was 15 each and they are only availiable from mythic.. what a fucking dumb concept.

edit: This doesn't even take into account the fact that as a prot warrior if i craft the item and it rngs up as heavy crit + non haste i might as well fucking scrap it and start the 2 week process again.

I dont get the huge gateways blizzard has with any semi decent profession gear, other mmos happily have near BiS gear (some its BiS) from professions without any issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Yeah i bought a ton of ore and started leveling up my BS before i realised it was 15 each and they are only availiable from mythic.. what a fucking dumb concept.

edit: This doesn't even take into account the fact that as a prot warrior if i craft the item and it rngs up as heavy crit + non haste i might as well fucking scrap it and start the 2 week process again.

I dont get the huge gateways blizzard has with any semi decent profession gear, other mmos happily have near BiS gear (some its BiS) from professions without any issues at all
    wow had the same before, e.g cata/mop crafts, you could get the normal raid ilvl gear pretty easily into some slots, not like a travesty like this

Yeah, thought those damn Hydrocores atleast had a chance to drop from HCs, so we could farm it. But seems not, which sucks.

If we atleast had the option to craft the piece with one (or even two) guaranteed stats, then the farm could be usefull. But farming 15 Hydrocores to gamble about the stats most likely end up with shitty stats, so you have to scrap it.. Geez.
    Atleast in WoD we could make that stat re-roll item, they could have implemented something like that. Make it cost 5 Expulsom + ores. Then we could atleast try-hard to get a crafted piece with BiS stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Jewecrafting won award for being the worst.
    It is the most expensive to level up and there is nothing good you can make really.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2018-08-19 at 08:27 AM.

There's a bunch of recipes and things that were in the beta that arent there at the moment. I am guessing once raids are open you can upgrade crafted gear or outright better recipes soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Jewecrafting won award for being the worst.
    It is the most expensive to level up and there is nothing good you can make really.
    Hell even legion epic gems are better than best bfa ones.
    I'm curious why you think 40 is less than 11. Because those are the values of the BFA blue gems versus Legion epic gems
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Current experience with Mining/Blacksmith.

Mining I actually think was too easy to get Rank 3 with everything. There was only two upgrades that were RNG from nodes, and I got them pretty much my first drop possible. I got Rank 3 and 150 Mining two days after release.

Blacksmithing is pretty dumb. You need an absolute shedload of Monelite Ore to craft the basic stuff, which is a set of ivl 225 gear that requires 111 to use. Saw no use for it besides rescrapping because by that time I was 119. At 225 ilvl you should be able to equip it at 110 as entry gear. But you will probably need close to 1000+ Monelite Ore to get to making Storm Silver gear.

As for Storm Silver, you'll probably end up making about 40 Honorable Combatant's wrists to skill up, and trade in a pile of Marks of Honor to do so (Not a problem for how many I had from Legion). The ilvl 300 Honorable Weapons and Stormsteel weapons sell currently, but give it a week and I would expect prices to be cheap.

In terms of fishing, I assume it just got pruned to high heaven. After WoD with Small/Medium/Large and Legion's Artefact, I just get the impression they couldn't be bothered with fishing and decided 5 different fish was for 150 skills.

So yeah, I would assume all crafting Professions that are not Jewelcrafting, Alchemy or Enchanting will suck. Jewelcrafting and Gems for augments for gear, Alchemy for Flasks and Potions. If your after gold I would expect Alchemy to be the way to go.

Enchanting seems to have fallen. I was looking at a Screenshot of one of my Characters from MoP Armory with the Audit with 10 Gems, Feet, Chest, Back, Weapon, Gloves and Wrists enchant, Inscription Shoulder Enchants, Leatherworking Leg Armor. Somewhat nostalgia but I miss that kind of dedication to a set of gear :P
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I'm curious why you think 40 is less than 11. Because those are the values of the BFA blue gems versus Legion epic gems
    Ok you are right, it is just I was checking it on my lvl 110 jwc and tooltip doesnt show max values only current.

Alchemy is ok except for lack of anchor weed.
    Inscription is ok (never was fantastic but seems to have a few ok things for early expansion)
    The scrap-o-meter has potential as a mechanism but it feels like the armor professions were left in an unfinished state in order to use it to its potential. No upgrade for ilvl 300 items, higher ilvl items requiring over the top amounts of farming - which means the people who will be able to make them wont need them and they are BoP... just so many issues like this that have been badly thought out / implemented.
    Engineering is its usual - some ok stuff.
    Enchanting seems limited.
    Jewelcrafting looks good but you often dont see a lot of sockets.
    It feels like another expansion where professions feel like an after thought and unfinished. Im hoping they might update them in 8.1 like some of the unfinished class development - but dont think it is likely.

On beta the big use for professions was in conjunction with warfronts. The war campaign rep and azerite you got from profession quests was huge. And to maximise it you needs items from every profession including secondary professions. The delay in making them available will make getting the heart of azeroth high enough before raid drops start and will make it harder to rep for the war campaign (and therefore slower to unlock the new allied races / be ready for raids etc.).
    Last edited by irdsyd; 2018-08-19 at 11:29 AM.