10+ Year Old Account

Is that expensive Disenchant Rod worth it? How exactly does it work?

Not really sure how it works, WoWHead doesn't have any comments on it and someone who posted about it on Reddit has zero replies.

Would like to know if this thing its worth it, considering its expensive as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure how it works; Like it says? When you complete a mission, you have a chance to bring back enchanting mats. It'll last until you replace it, so the whole expansion, ofc it's gonna be expensive.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Not really sure how it works; Like it says? When you complete a mission, you have a chance to bring back enchanting mats. It'll last until you replace it, so the whole expansion, ofc it's gonna be expensive.
    Okay thanks. I was hoping it would last "forever"(or until replaced), I thought Blizzard was being Blizzard and it would have a limited usage.

Gonna make one now. 50k here we come... (or go)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Okay thanks. I was hoping it would last "forever"(or until replaced), I thought Blizzard was being Blizzard and it would have a limited usage.

Gonna make one now. 50k here we come... (or go)
    Can you let me know how much the mats will yield when you make it? I want to know if it's worth crafting or not. You can be our guinea pig

What I'm worried about is whether they'll release new champion equipment in future patches, like they did in Legion. In fact with Legion, I believe every single major patch introduced new champion equipment that was more powerful than in the previous patch. I wouldn't want to spend 200k gold (one for each champion) only to want to replace them with much more powerful/useful champion equipment coming in the next patch.

I guess it all depends on what the drop rate is on the materials. If we assume we'll only use the Disenchanting Rods for, say, 3 months, is that enough time for the rods to pay for themselves? We'll have to wait and see (although the longer we wait, the larger the opportunity cost will be for not using them...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Update:

2 followers with Disenchant Rod has yielded me ZERO mats over 4 missions. Thats 4 missions EACH.

I dont know if im having bad luck or this is broken but im about to post in WoW General forums to see if anyone else had better luck.

As of right now, because of the price of the crystals and having to buy/farm 100+ blue quality items to yield 30 expulsom, I would say DO NOT MAKE THIS/Purchase this item..

Hope this helps someone.

Blacksmiths have the best follower items by a mile and only those are even remotely worth the mats required to craft them, if at all. Until hydrocore gets another source it's not really worth using them on follower equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Update:

2 followers with Disenchant Rod has yielded me ZERO mats over 4 missions. Thats 4 missions EACH.

I dont know if im having bad luck or this is broken but im about to post in WoW General forums to see if anyone else had better luck.

As of right now, because of the price of the crystals and having to buy/farm 100+ blue quality items to yield 30 expulsom, I would say DO NOT MAKE THIS/Purchase this item..

Hope this helps someone.
    Read somewhere that it's a roughly 10% chance per mission, so not getting anything in 8 missions isn't outlandish bad luck. These items simply are very long term investments. Likely they won't be worth it for characters that won't gain a lot of resources. With the 10% chance, you'll spend an average of 200 resources (most missions require 20) resources to get some mats. Those mats vary in amount and rarity. You might get Anchor Weed, or you'll get some much cheaper herbs instead.

Can't see myself equipping even a single piece of equipment on any of my characters. Retarded material costs to get them, for a low chance to get some random stuff. I'll even skip the Azerite equipment piece, I'll make do without getting those small slivers of AP.

Deleted
    ive had a jewelcrafting equipment on one of my followers since day 4 and i havent gotten a single return so in about 30 missions not 1. Dunno if equipment is bugged or just plain bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can bring back shards as well even though tooltip mention dust only.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.