Deleted

Outlaw rogue - Dagger in offhand?

Hello MMO!

I've been gearing up my outlaw rogue for a bit now in bfa, and recieved as a lot of other people the dagger from the emissary yesterday. And what I'm wondering about this is if it could be better for an outlaw rogue to use a dagger in the offhand instead of a slow weapon as it now seems like Combat Potency is at a static 75% proc rate (didn't change when I equipped the dagger) and main gauche scales off attack power instead of weapon damage (checked that too, it's damage increased in the stats window).

Is there a hidden nerf to daggers for outlaws or might this be the new way to go with weapons?

You can use a dagger in the offhand, it is no different from any offhand axe, sword, etc since combat potency/ability damage was normalized. Also I read that people that got the dagger from the emissary it was bugged and had dps as if it were a caster dagger. Not sure if thats the case for you.

wait for the dagger to be fixed(probably tomorrow)

then you can use it in the offhand, for outlaw there's no difference between weapons for OH

Deleted
    The dagger was fixed just now, but dagger seems weaker than other weapons dps-wise (according to AMR).

Blizzard does not want Outlaw to use a dagger, and they do not want Assassination/Subtlety to use one-handed melee weapons (swords/mace/axe/fist)...???

This I derive from the tool tips themselves...

I switched specs between Outlaw & Subtlety for the screenshots...

Hmmm...?!?
    Last edited by Boil; 2018-08-22 at 02:09 AM.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/...ability-damage

Let me know your take away from the post.

My understanding would be that top weapon damage and weapon speed no longer matters for skill damage, only dps, AP(AGI), Vers could change your skill atk damage.