Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    because strats matter A LOT.

paragons ragnaros tactics handling the seeds to aoe them down rather than spread out and kill 1 by 1 was much better than methods, one of the reasons they won.

and it was methods weak aura in archimonde? that was much better than the way paragon handled the beams and gave them a big advantage to win that.

yes things like do make a huge difference, giving away things like this could have easily swung the world first.

only difference with Uldir is i don't think it had such crazy required tactics like the above 2 examples, Uldir was simply a dps/hps check over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I think would Limit have not extended they would have been world first, no?
    Method leaders and players said 100% they think Limit would have 100% killed it first had they re-cleared. In an interview, Sco said they one shit nearly every boss in the mythic re-clear. Limit had ~10 hours of time to raid while Method were asleep and/or waiting for raiders to get on. Even if the re-clear took 6 hours (which it shouldn't, Methods went REALLY fast), they still would have had 4 or so hours before Method were even zoned into the raid.

TLDR;
    Limit threw the W1 away by extending, based on opinions of many many players, including those from Method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    had limit not extended and had won would you still say that? i feel like it was less method being the best thatn limit taking a risk and getting burned.
    Yes, because Method played openly and as long as they end-up in top-5, I would say so. The only way for other guild to play on equal field is to stream themselves. Otherwise they are casuals who are not playing on even field and are not worth of competition.

To prevent competitors getting an advantage from your tactics. That's pretty much the only reason.

For the Limit discussion: I hate it when people say things like "but if that would have happened then this would be the outcome". This is not how the world works. Maybe Limit would have gotten the world first if they would have recleared but maybe they would have had problems reclearing and lost it anyway. We will never now. Maybe 2 core members would have died reclearing due to boredom. These kinds of speculations are completely worthless.