Poll: Are The Devs Biased Towards A Specific Faction ATM?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is it just me or are the People working on WoW nowadays becoming more and more biased towards the alliance? The entirety of patch 8.1 is about alliance empowerment while continuing to make Horde players feel bad about playing their faction. It's almost like they want Horde players to stop playing and join Azeroth's inclusive defense force? It makes sense considering that, last i checked, some of the head writers of the game have alliance character banners on their Twitter, including Christie Golden. They continue to ignore player concerns regarding the direction of the Horde. As much as we agree with Saurfang, they keep pushing us towards following the Warchief instead. The art team obviously put alot of time and effort into Kul'Tiras, and the Jaina storyline. Subjectively more than Zandalar. Sure, I like the Horde stuff better myself. But many people seem to prefer the Kul'Tiras Stuff.

What do you think? Is Blizzard biased to the Alliance now? Do they think the Horde represents "Toxic Masculinity" like in Christies Tweet about the alliance not being that? Or am I wrong and they're not biased or Horde biased still? I'm sure there is a few things that push people in the other direction.
    storywise wow has always been alliance biased, cuz the horde is used to start rockus and always lose they give us some candy nothing more; old soldier cinematic is just that: "we are sorry that we are going to use the warchief as another boss here a cinematic to compensate you guys".
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    After they killed almost all horde characters from warcraft 3 , ABOUT FUCKING DAMN TIME.
    Haha, love the passion!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    No. 1 semi Alliance biased patch doesn't change anything.

well considering you can freely play both horde and alliance honestly who cares. This conversation is so repetitive and boring.

Both have pros and cons. Play both if you feel like you are missing out.

8.1 seems to be the horde gaining the zandalari, killing a faction leader (maybe two) and blowing up most of the kul'tirans fleet while the alliance knocks over a statue or two

so whatever you are smoking, pass it around

Sigh. I really wish this "I didn't get a thing on my faction so THE DEVELOPERS MUST BE BIASED" mentality would go away. That's not how you run a business. It's about the bigger picture and gameplay+ story going forward. Oh alliance got the Anduin cinematic + BONUS AP GAINS in legion so CLEARLY IT'S ALLIANCE BIAS. No wait, HORDE GOT TO PUSH WARFRONTS FIRST. HORDE BIAS.

It's such an immature argument, I'm surprised so many people gravitate it as a cure all. I guess I shouldn't be...
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The only bias going on right now is RNGesus desperately trying to push me to play my horde alt by giving them a perfect track record of huge item level upgrades on every single piece of gear while my raider ally main forages for scraps.

I think the game has a lot of problems with the story and some of these issues make it easier for a horde bias to emerge. Honestly think about the factions you are dealing with, hands down the horde are more interesting to write about because they can be almost anything as the alliance remains a lawful good faction but horde runs lawful good through to lawful evil (although Sylvannas is pushing deep into chaotic evil but if she's killed or exiled soon then that doesn't really count long term). Of course it doesn't help that the story lines for the last few expansions haven't really been that good (at least in my opinion, last one I was truly into was wrath of the lich king after that it's all been a bit blah).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

Okay, then, explain how a cinematic costs ‘millions’.

I can’t wait for this.
    1) We don't know the cost of the cinematic.

2) What we do know is that its high quality, Requires animator's,Time and so on those things do cost and cost A LOT. Did one 6min cinematic cost them a million dollars. Maybe not but a few $100k isn't out of the realm of possibility.

That cinematic that you watched for "6min's" took them weeks to work on. That shit isn't cheap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Based on WoD and BFA. I'd say story team is more Horde biased and Art team is more Alliance bias.
    I can agree with this a lot. Far too often, it feels like Alliance story comes second. Like the mentioned example with Teldrassil giving no development from Night Elves initially and only a scenario for Tyrande in 8.1. Anduin and Genn - even Turalyon - got something in Before the Storm. Yet, when we'll see Turalyon or Alleria in the main story? Will we ever see Vindicaar actually used? Not likely.

Yes, Kul Tiras has vastly better look. Jaina's story is emotional in a way that I doubt Horde story could ever be. The new horse model is cool, yes. Diversity is greatly lacking, though. There could've been wicker mount - hell, even wicker horse for all I care - from that reputation. Even if they actually give the Alliance the bee mounts in 8.1 (as Ion hinted in the stream), it'll only be mitigating the damage already done. As if there was not enough reasons for them to be careful about this from the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) We don't know the cost of the cinematic.

2) What we do know is that its high quality, Requires animator's,Time and so on those things do cost and cost A LOT. Did one 6min cinematic cost them a million dollars. Maybe not but a few $100k isn't out of the realm of possibility.

That cinematic that you watched for "6min's" took them weeks to work on. That shit isn't cheap.
    So the ‘irony’ you tried to indict was, actually, simply me being correct?

That’s the only conclusion to draw when you started with a disagreeing inference, and then make comments that support my stance.

You’re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    So the ‘irony’ you tried to indict was, actually, simply me being correct?

That’s the only conclusion to draw when you started with a disagreeing inference, and then make comments that support my stance.

You’re welcome.
    No the Irony is you telling someone they don't know what they are talking about when you in fact don't know what your talking about. You don't know the cost blizzard puts into their Animation.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before speaking.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No the Irony is you telling someone they don't know what they are talking about when you in fact don't know what your talking about. You don't know the cost blizzard puts into their Animation.

Maybe you should know what your talking about before speaking.
    Haha.

You’ve literally 180’d, and are telling me that I don’t know what I’m talking about when you’ve completely agreed with the only position I’ve made clear; that a single cinematic didn’t cost ‘millions’.

You are, quite literally, an example of western state education these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not seeing how patch 8.1 is "Alliance" and I certainly can understand the calls of "Horde Bias" for people that only play alliance. ...SNIP...
    I wanted to let you know I appreciate your lengthy post in the Alliance/Horde bias topic. It puts words to the feelings I have been having since the BfA pre-patch as an Alliance player.

You should consider posting this post to the r/wow subreddit, maybe it will spark some interesting discussion there.

Horde bias is obvious. So obvious that it boggles my mind how anybody could think otherwise. LOL That faction receives more attention when it comes to virtually everything: cinematics, character focus, quality of mounts, racials, zone development. The developers are Horde players and Horde fanboys, and content for the Alliance is stiff, starchy, and seems like an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is it just me or are the People working on WoW nowadays becoming more and more biased towards the alliance? The entirety of patch 8.1 is about alliance empowerment while continuing to make Horde players feel bad about playing their faction. It's almost like they want Horde players to stop playing and join Azeroth's inclusive defense force? It makes sense considering that, last i checked, some of the head writers of the game have alliance character banners on their Twitter, including Christie Golden. They continue to ignore player concerns regarding the direction of the Horde. As much as we agree with Saurfang, they keep pushing us towards following the Warchief instead. The art team obviously put alot of time and effort into Kul'Tiras, and the Jaina storyline. Subjectively more than Zandalar. Sure, I like the Horde stuff better myself. But many people seem to prefer the Kul'Tiras Stuff.

What do you think? Is Blizzard biased to the Alliance now? Do they think the Horde represents "Toxic Masculinity" like in Christies Tweet about the alliance not being that? Or am I wrong and they're not biased or Horde biased still? I'm sure there is a few things that push people in the other direction.
    can we just start flagging "bias" threads as trolling? Seriously, go outside for a while