What's happening to Arthas' face?

Warcraft 3's box:

WOTLK:

BFA:

With every iteration they stray further away from god. Apart from the blonde hair, the guy is looking less and less to his original self every time.

Jaina too, I have to say that in WC3 they didnt' have much to base her on, but from pre-BC to Legion she kept a pretty evolutionary look, in BFA her eyes and face shape have changed rather drastically.

Looks like the ugly in game Anduin face.

WTB cinematic Anduin.

Yeah can we go back to the Ulduar cinematic Jaina, with the Owen Wilson nose please?

Honestly it's probably meant to be a memory scene, of how Jaina remembers him to look, not what he actually looked like.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pixels and game engines are happening.

Also, working towards the final reveal that Anduin is not actually Varian's son, but Arthas'.

Probably they are still working in the face model of Arthas that is still unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I always assumed they drew him based on Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Lol it looks like Khadgar in a wig.

One is in game and one is a cinematic. And people by now know thats graphics in cinematics are better looking than in game

They're never consistent with faces. Just look at Anduin. He's completely different between the pre-rendered CGI cinematic, pre-rendered game cinematics, and in-game. The difference between the game cinematics and in-game model is the most astounding because the game cinematics are supposed to look like the in-game stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    One is in game and one is a cinematic. And people by now know thats graphics in cinematics are better looking than in game
    Not to mention the pic the OP decided to use for ingame is done on the lowest settings possible.

Jaina, Arthas, and Varian have had many different iterations throughout the different games and cinematics. Arthas' face looks different from all of those at the end of ICC, too.

As far as why that's happening? I would attribute it to the fact that different teams work on different things, and the overall passage of time with different technology and engines.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get over the fact his new face looks like a fusion between Varian, Khadgar and Anduin.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity