Gift of G'huun and Spellsteal

I have searched high and low for an answer to this and have come up with nothing.

Can a mage spellsteal gift of g'huun in the underrot dungeon?

I have a weak aura and use mage nuggets specifically for spell steal. Gift of g'huun NEVER shows up to be stolen while every other spell does. I am consistently told to spell steal this ability by my party in low keys and even high keys (10+), to which i always respond and say I can't and then get told to learn my class or l2play etc. To my knowledge this ability can only be kicked or dispelled NOT stolen.

Am I terrible? are these people just idiots? what is going on?

You can't gain the buff yourself by casting spellsteal. Gift of G'huun will however still get removed from the enemy when you attempt to steal it.

so always prioritise spellsteal when Gift of G'huun is up.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, even if the buff doesn't light up, Spellsteal will work as an offensive purge. It's a magic buff, so it should get rid of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's also a buff in Motherlode called Azerite... Injection? I think?... which is cast by the Masterminds. It doesn't light up as a stealable buff and ElvUI doesn't even show it on the nameplates, but if you know which mob its cast on you can steal it. Not just purge it off, you get the damage buff too.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Wherever you keep target buffs/debuffs (I just use PitBull and keep target auras in the usual place under the unitframe), get some kind of addon that lights auras (buffs on targets) based on color (blue for Magic for example). If you don't already have this functionality, I highly recommend it.

PitBull specifically lights up the whole unitframe if they have something I can dispel (friend or foe) with the color of the aura (so enemies would light up blue or allies would light up purple for curses).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Here's a novel thought: Have the group interrupt Gift of G'huun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrendel View Post
    yeah because people never miss or even kick in the first place after being asked. Super helpful post there buddy

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yeah because people never miss or even kick in the first place after being asked. Super helpful post there buddy
    It's not a hard concept. Know what spells are more annoying or dangerous, interrupt and/or stun those. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a hard concept. Know what spells are more annoying or dangerous, interrupt and/or stun those. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And when said interupts fail/are missed then its also nice to have a back up.

Sometimes things dont go to plan. Thats why you have a plan B,C,D,E,F etc

You and your raid group must be then 1 shotting every boss with that logic

Watch out boys, found the guy with ~600 io who drops group when he makes a mistake loool

Id rather let that cast through, spellsteal it, and then have interrupt ready for dark constitution heal.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And when said interupts fail/are missed then its also nice to have a back up.

Sometimes things dont go to plan. Thats why you have a plan B,C,D,E,F etc
    Sure. If I don't get it, I stun it. If I can't, another of my group gets it. It helps when you're in voice chat and can communicate faster than typing.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    You and your raid group must be then 1 shotting every boss with that logic
    Nah. We're working mythic Zek'voz. We've had some major roster changes, so hopefully this week will be a kill week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Watch out boys, found the guy with ~600 io who drops group when he makes a mistake loool
    Nah. I don't drop groups even when they're going poorly unless others are also dropping. I understand not everyone is as skilled as I am. And I also understand I'm not on the level of people like Vision, Limit, or Method. My io score is irrelevant, but it's 930 at the moment if you need something to measure by. Edit: I'm comfortably average, to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Id rather let that cast through, spellsteal it, and then have interrupt ready for dark constitution heal.
    That's fine, and as long as your group is aware of you wanting to do that, go for it. I just find it easier to interrupt the gift. Then again, I'm also a protection paladin. I have interrupts more often than not, and my groups also know that if it's an interrupt, I probably have it. If I don't, I call it out. Because like I said above, we're usually in voice chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    There's also a buff in Motherlode called Azerite... Injection? I think?... which is cast by the Masterminds. It doesn't light up as a stealable buff and ElvUI doesn't even show it on the nameplates, but if you know which mob its cast on you can steal it. Not just purge it off, you get the damage buff too.
    In blizzUI frames it lights up as stealable

You can Spellsteal 100%, theres just no buff that you gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely lights up for me, I'm stealing it every time. The only downside is that buff removed when trash dies. I'm using default UI.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using ElvUI as well and the buff definitely lights up on the Target Frame at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

It's better to steal the Gift and counter the heal (Dark Reconstitution[?]) as a Mage in a PUG group.