Poll: Do you think Blizzard shifting its focus to mobile games is a good thing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Since I don't play games on vastly inferior platforms, no, obviously I don't think this is a good idea. I can see why the greedy guys at the top want to do it, but it shows that Blizzard doesn't know their audience anymore and I hope they crash and burn because of it.

As for "we have our top people working on it", they literally can't even finish the damned wow companion app, I still can't organize my raid and other calender stuff with it despite the option throning above since the BfA rework. If that is their top people working on their mobile stuff.., good night blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding mobile games to their content is fine. I don't know if this represents some major shift or not. I sort of doubt it. One presumes that if it adds sales and revenue they'll staff up for it. If the intent of the thread is to imply that Blizzard will be abandoning PC-based games I'm not sure that that is clear. Time will tell but there's a lot of sky-is-falling alarmism going on.

As for "top minds" who here actually believes they would say that "we've assigned some interns and our worst developers to this." Get real. Everyone barrages Blizzard for exaggerating except when it serves a narrative.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mechke View Post
    Dude Blizzard is playing in BOTH leagues and Winning,

Why the fuck are you guys even crying?! We know they are making a new Diablo game ( not referering to Immortal) how Long did it take Them to make Diablo 3? 10 years?
    If they expand good for them, seriously just be excited for the future, Jesus fucking Christ
    Who said anyone was crying iam just saying where is Blizz next big thing? Its next big new IP that should revolutionize the gaming industry?

Iam not even talking about diablo or any other sequel or mobile phone game iam talking about a brand new IP that will set the gaming industry and gaming alight.

At the end of the day its our job to give these gaming companies a kick up the backside to keep them on there toes otherwise they really will just become lazy and take its playerbase for granted.

But if all they have in the pipe work is just more sequels and DLC and mobile phone games then that is not a solid foundation for the future IMO
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-11-09 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Oh wow, you really think they're giving Destiny 2 (with no paid DLC) for free just because they want us to be happy ?

Or... Destiny 2 is not selling that well, Warframe's new update is coming one week after the Blizzcon, and they will anyway make money from people taking the bait and purchasing the DLCs to finish the story ? That's as dumb as saying that WoW is free as you can play the first 20 levels without paying. Hint: it's not.

But yeah, they also made Classic because they like us. Or because there are a lot of people without sub who will buy a few months (15$ each) just to play a 2004 game.

But no, they're just doing that for free, probably. Omg.
    They could of easily made Classic a separate sub with a upfront game cost but they didnt. Destiny 2 base game is no free doesnt matter on paid DLC as every games dev releases paid DLC its nothing new to the industry.

Your one of these people where your always against the developer, your also probably one of these people that thinks you have to get everything for nothing. Games cost money, Paid DLC is how companies keep making games on any platform. The cash cow stigma is a moot point if a games company doesnt make money they dont make games its a as simple as that, otherwise whats the point. People think they should all be non profit, well profit drives expansion, expansion drives more projects, if you had any sense you would know this is how business grows and the consumer gets more products through investment from profits.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations your first post was a necro of a Diablo Immortals complaint thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's funny. I guarantee that most of the people whining about how mobile gaming is the future almost definitely posted that on a PC.

Fucking hate playing games on mobile phones...