10+ Year Old Account

Wrath of the Lich King is 10 years old today!

Wrath of the Lich King
    10th Anniversary

Well I am 1 day out. But Wrath of the Lich King was released 13th November 2008. How time has flown. This time 10 years ago we got our WotLK expansion. I remember lining up outside Game in the rain to get my physical copy of the expansion I pre-ordered.

Back when I was still buying hard copies of games as digital releases I don't think were a thing then?

First off for some reason the game feels older. But it certainly is one of the more popular expansions regardless.

It was also the expansion that reached WoW's peak in subscribers with over 12 million. And while it may not be my favourite expansion (TBC only narrowly trumps it) it certainly is most peoples favourite. Which is why I thought I would make this thread. Seems many people including myself have grand memories of this expansion and thought it would be good to reflect on how WotLK has aged and our memories of it
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming will never be the same for me as it was during the Wrath era of wow. I really loved this game during Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...orite-Memories

Don't we already have that thread?

Yes, its ten years old. Too bad they didnt keep the wotlk formula which was about as perfect as WoW ever got.

This was the best expansion and WoW hasn't been the same since then

Deleted
    pretty good expansion yes! but far from my favorite raids except ulduar!

Its hard to say if it was the best expansion since i loved TBC, what i can say is that WotLK was the xpac i had the most fun, huge group of friends playing it, it was beautiful. It could be just nostalgia talking.

And its al been downhill since then RIP Blizzard
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam