Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    And this thread is mostly about flight paths.
    Mostly sure but even the OP talks about fast intercontinental transportation which is what I originally responded to. If you can't bother to actually read the conversation then why bother answering at all when you're just going to spew shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    yea, right, i'm sure that in the age of mobas and battleroyales people want to play a 14 year old buggy mess with extremely high amount of grinding to be done
    Thank you so much for proving my point. "in the age of mobas and battleroyales"... you DO realize that an MMORPG is NOT as moba? It's not a Battle Royale? And yet people want to make it "pay out" that insta gratification... then wonder wshy they are bored with it.

You are right, there are a lot of "gamers" these days that do not care for the MMORPG... so don't PLAY THEM! Why in the worl would you want to modify a game so much that the people that DO love MMOs have no interest... all so you can play it for a few days and say it sucks?

I agree, modern WoW sucks horribly... but Classic is going to appeal to a completely different audience. Not th emoba kid, or the BR punk... but the MMO player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    People like you are what's killing the RPG aspect of the game.
    How are wayshrines or whatever else they'd called, any less RPG than flight paths?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Thank you so much for proving my point. "in the age of mobas and battleroyales"... you DO realize that an MMORPG is NOT as moba? It's not a Battle Royale? And yet people want to make it "pay out" that insta gratification... then wonder wshy they are bored with it.

You are right, there are a lot of "gamers" these days that do not care for the MMORPG... so don't PLAY THEM! Why in the worl would you want to modify a game so much that the people that DO love MMOs have no interest... all so you can play it for a few days and say it sucks?

I agree, modern WoW sucks horribly... but Classic is going to appeal to a completely different audience. Not th emoba kid, or the BR punk... but the MMO player.
    well done missing my entire point. ofc mobas and BRs aren't mmorpgs, what a waste of breath, that whole first paragraph is just utter bollocks. instant gratification? in what way? even if i were to accept that point and that it has anything to do with mobas and brs, people aren't bored of those.

"why in the worl would you want to modify a game so much that the people that DO love MMOs have no interest" people that do live MMOs as you describe them(aka classic) are very few and i'd even say they are a dying breed of players so devs are looking to adapt for the new generation of gamers. The reason for that should be obvious, money.

"I agree, modern WoW sucks horribly... but Classic is going to appeal to a completely different audience. Not th emoba kid, or the BR punk... but the MMO player."
    Again, MMO players are a dying out, there's a reason the MMO market shifted away from endlessly grinding mobs (silkroad online, metin2, ...) to wow style questing RPGs to pay2progress mobile mmorpgs.

Also as a final point, your beloved classic wow was extremely casual compared to most if not all big mmorpgs at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Don't forget Suramar. I don't recall complaints of immersion breaking when we were setting up telemancy beacons throughout the zone.
    Good catch, forgot about that. I also enjoyed Suramar a lot after I had the beacons up, cause again, it skipped the BS.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post

Also as a final point, your beloved classic wow was extremely casual compared to most if not all big mmorpgs at the time.
    Very true. Classic found the perfect balance between effort/rewatrd. I have the luxury of letting time prov eme right. Classic is going to stomp modern wow.

How long does a MOBA match last on average? How long does a BR match last? That is insta gratification.